• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can this page qualify for divine simplicity?

I just noticed this page

And realized (if this profile is not against our rules) there are quite a few implications of the verse following divine simplicity.

1.Parabrahman is "everything and nothing"
Abstract Existence (He is everything and nothing, all of spacetime resides inside him, a conceptual existence without which nothing can be defined
Beyond-Dimensional Existence (He existed before time and all of existence when there was nothing, all of spacetime resides inside him
Nonexistent Physiology (Nature 3, Aspect 1, 2, 3 and 5 he is formless and shapeless but contains all forms and shapes, he is nothing and everything
Reality Warping (Nothing is impossible for Mahadev, even his state of mind and feelings affect the Universe, all living beings and nature, his parabrahman form is undivided whole
Mahadev's true form cannot be seen, shapeless, formless and beyond understanding to be perceived as it is
Speed: Omnipresence (Stated to exist everywhere all at once and not limited to just one place many times)

Here he is called undivided, and also everything and nothing. So it has necessary unifying existence. It unifies all things, yet it also isn't any of the things it unifies, so it's The One/divine simplicity. So yeah, just 1 part. This sums up with him beyond space and time, and is thus entirely abstract and non physical- shapeless, formless, being called nothing, etc.

a conceptual existence without which nothing can be defined, - means he also has necessary existence, nothing can exist without him.

his whole, Para brahman, is purus and prakriti both, a complex concept that makes up everything and can control their respective tattva they embody, purus tattva is consciousness, it is nonactive, unchanging, eternal while prakriti is all physical aspects of reality)

Means he is beyond all changes but is also the cause of all changes in material world as purusha and prakiri are both manifestations of parabrahman

once again cause of all causes

Thus we learn he is beyond time, eternal and unchangable, contingent on nothing but all are contingent on it's irreducible nature

we also know the lore of the serial follows actual vedic philosophy

And vedic philosophies all consider brahman indivisible

Brahman as a metaphysical concept refers to the single binding unity behind diversity in all that exists

BG 13.17: He is indivisible, yet He appears to be divided amongst living beings. Know the Supreme Entity to be the Sustainer, Annihilator, and Creator of all beings.

The Upanishad also says that Brahman is pure consciousness, devoid of other aspects contrary to this, and without any distinguishing features, as in, “As a lump of salt is without interior or exterior, entire, and purely saline in taste, even so is the Self without interior or exterior, entire, and pure Intelligence alone” (Brhadaranyaka Upanishad IV.v.13), which means that the Self has no internal or external aspect apart from pure consciousness, Its nature being mere impartite consciousness without any interstices. Just as a lump of salt has the saline taste alone both inside and outside, and no other taste, so also is this Self.

And also negative theology (which i dislike using personally but oh well, it seems it is used by some sects)

avāyu anākāśam. It is not space; it is not air; it is not water; it is not earth; it is not an object; it is not individual; it is not you; it is not me -

Amanah: It has no mind; it causes all thinking. (Upanishads )

2. "That which cannot be comprehended by the mind but by which the mind is cognized know that alone to be Brahman, and not this that people worship here."
(Kena Upanishad I.6)

3. "That from which all speech with the mind turns away, not having reached it, knowing the bliss of that Brahman, man fears nothing."
(Taittirya Upanishad II.9)

"His form does not stand within the range of the senses. No one perceives Him with the eye. Those who know Him through the faculty of intuition as thus seated in their heart, become immortal."
(Svetasvatara Upanishad Iv.20)

Sankara (c. 788-820 AD):

"'Sir,' said a student to his master, 'teach me the nature of Brahman.' The master did not reply. When he was asked a second and a third time, he replied: "I teach you, but you do not listen. His name is silence.'"

(Satisfies ineffability thesis)

Moreover, the Vedas reveal through a negation of other aspects that Brahman has no distinguishing feature, as for instance in, “Now therefore the description (of Brahman): ‘Not this, not this’” (Brhadaranyaka Upanishad II.iii.6), “That (Brahman) is surely different from the known; and, again, It is above the unknown” (Kena Upanishad I.4), “That Bliss of Brahman, failing to reach which, words turn back along with the mind” (Taittiriya Upanishad II.ix.1),

And also reflected in the serial itself

he is OHM which is unworldly undefined and wordless, meaningless
his true self is beyond definition, meaning,[12] limits and understanding)

Conclusion: Satisfies both divine simplicity and divine ineffability

Last edited:
I'm not that well versed in Hinduism because I'm still learning it, but judging from this it does satisfy simplicity and the ineffable thesis.

Uh according to Staff such pages are allowed on the site. That has been discussed and confirmed quite a few times. The only exceptions are explicitly Religious figures from Religion.

That being said, it seems to qualify. I just wish the “Nothing is Impossible” part was sourced though

Back