• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Goku survive a black hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by this question? Do you mean can he escape a black hole's event horizon?

Probably, as he's MFTL+.

Do you mean could he survive inside a black hole with fictional physics?

I suppose, as fictional black holes seem to function far differently from real ones.

Do you mean could he survive inside a black hole with actual physics?

Very likely no, as the gravitational forces would have incredibly detrimental effects on his atomic structure. Realistically, the only 3-D characters who should be able to survive the inside of a black hole would be reality warpers or characters with significant control over magnetic and gravitational forces.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
What do you mean by this question? Do you mean can he escape a black hole's event horizon?

Probably, as he's MFTL+.

Do you mean could he survive inside a black hole with fictional physics?

I suppose, as fictional black holes seem to function far differently from real ones.

Do you mean could he survive inside a black hole with actual physics?

Very likely no, as the gravitational forces would have incredibly detrimental effects on his atomic structure. Realistically, the only 3-D characters who should be able to survive the inside of a black hole would be reality warpers or characters with significant control over magnetic and gravitational forces.
I meant could he escape one. Sorry for not specifying.

Then yeah, probably. MFTL+ should likely be enough to escape a black hole's event horizon before getting messed up due to gravitational forces.

Fictional ones get destroyed all the time.

A real one? No. Anything Goku throws at it would just become part of the black hole. Black holes usually just dissipate over extremely long periods of time, but to actually destroy it, Goku would have to do something along the lines of hit it with antimatter or reverse the particle flow. Or, as stated before, mess with its gravitational force.

in real life we dont even know what a bloack hole does, for all we know it sends you off so some hyperspace or something

The Living Tribunal1 said:
in real life we dont even know what a bloack hole does, for all we know it sends you off so some hyperspace or something
We know how it condenses matter to a singularity that warps space-time.

We don't know what happens inside.

Fictional ones get destroyed all the time.
A real one? No. Anything Goku throws at it would just become part of the black hole. Black holes usually just dissipate over extremely long periods of time, but to actually destroy it, Goku would have to do something along the lines of hit it with antimatter or reverse the particle flow. Or, as stated before, mess with its gravitational force.
Antimatter coming in contact with normal matter would produce huge amounts of energy that would become part of the black hole.

Gravity and time manipulation are probably the best ways to destroy a black hole.

I thought because matter/antimatter collision is 100% efficient, hitting a black hole with an equal amount of antimatter would simply convert both to energy, leaving nothing to absorb said energy.

Although I realize now I forgot to specify an equal amount.

Yeah, gravity and time manipulation are likely the most reliable.

Sigma the Terminator of Purple Monsters said:
Goku is stronger than Godzilla 2000,who one shoted a black hole with probably the same physics as the normal world,so maybe he can blow a smal black hole
No, that's a fictional black hole. It was also a miniature and artificially made one.

Like I said, real black holes cannot be destroyed by simply shooting them with energy.

Goku can't destroy a real life black hole no matter how hard he tries, he will only make it bigger.

Wait a minute,goku can't use his Ki to create negative energy and anti-matter?
I have no idea where that was ever implied. Ki is a specific type of energy, and it certainly doesn't randomly become another type of energy, let alone solid antimatter.

Goku is stronger than Godzilla 2000,who one shoted a black hole with probably the same physics as the normal world,so maybe he can blow a smal black hole
Stronger than G-2000? Only in SSJG and SSJGSS.

Alpha71 calced the feat to be actual Large Star level, I remember.

"I thought because matter/antimatter collision is 100% efficient, hitting a black hole with an equal amount of antimatter would simply convert both to energy, leaving nothing to absorb said energy."

Don´t know if it is clear, but just in case: Energy has gravity just like matter. Basically 8.98755179 ├ù 1016J of energy have a gravitational pull that is exactly as strong as the gravitational pull of 1 kg of matter (8.98755179 ├ù 1016J is the energy you would get by converting 1 kg of matter into energy 100% efficiently). General relativity actually mostly uses rest energy and doesn´t care if it is in form of actual energy or matter (rest energy = mc2).

So if you throw anti-matter equal to the matter of a black hole into the black hole, the result will be the same as throwing matter equal to the matter of a black hole into the black hole. It will just get twice as massive.

Ah, right right.

I forgot about the efficiency of the black hole to just condense all forms of matter and energy into more black hole, so the collision would just result into their combined energy just being condensed into an even more massive black hole.

That leaves time and gravity manipulation as the most efficient methods.

@faisal: we dont even know what happens in a singularity, for al we know, we can expand out in hyperspace

the notion that the black hole is infinitely desneis used to describe how our current understnading of nature fails

everytime infinity is encountered in physics, it means that the physics being done is wrong

so we know nothing at all about the singularity

That's why I said that by our current knowledge singularity ignores durabiltiy, and goku doesn't have the hax to resist such thing

no, by our current understnading, we dont even know what a singularity even does
It's a bunch of gravity in a really tiny point that's pretty much it

LordXcano said:
no, by our current understnading, we dont even know what a singularity even does
not just that

its that the laws of nature break down and replaced by new ones most likely but no one is sure

LordXcano said:
not just that
its that the laws of nature break down and replaced by new ones most likely but no one is sure
That's only if you don't take into account imaginary time. Once you consider that a singularity becomes "normal"

Wait a minute,goku can't use his Ki to create negative energy and anti-matter?
I have no idea where that was ever implied. Ki is a specific type of energy, and it certainly doesn't randomly become another type of energy, let alone solid antimatter.
The feats of converting ki into electricity, and the theory on it changing into plasma may smack you in the face, Azzy.

Davy0 said:
The feats of converting ki into electricity, and the theory on it changing into plasma may smack you in the face, Azzy.
>randomly

Key word there, Davy.

Also, being able to turn one type of energy into another type of energy does not remotely mean you can turn it into the opposite of energy or god damn anti-matter.

LordXcano said:
LordXcano said:
not just that
That's only if you don't take into account imaginary time. Once you consider that a singularity becomes "normal"
yeah, but normal laws dont work with imaginary time, so there are unknown laws which are described by equations which do not cover the imaginary time in their description AND yield an answer belonging to normals laws

in other words, we do not know what really happens, but there are many hypotheses on this

ANTI MATTER!!!!!! I hate this fact but... Wasn't the Shenlong Emperor corroding the universe by existing?

Davy0 said:
ANTI MATTER!!!!!! I hate this fact but... Wasn't the Shenlong Emperor corroding the universe by existing?
He was sort of like cancer for the universe, and was going to basically lay waste to it with his "evil energy".

LordXcano said:
yeah, but normal laws dont work with imaginary time, so there are unknown laws which are described by equations which do not cover the imaginary time in their description AND yield an answer belonging to normals laws
in other words, we do not know what really happens, but there are many hypotheses on this
Imaginary time is literally just time that goes in a different direction. All the laws are the same, time is just going "up and down" instead of "side-to-side"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back