• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can ARG characters be actually here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16409
  • Start date

Deleted member 16409

Let's say for an example. Gaster, yes, Gaster from UNDERTALE.

This man shown himself as an ARG, and swaps from game to game, from websites to websites. And it's really difficult to understand and scale characters like that. Especially when it really breaks the "not in game = uncanon" laws from this place. So, the question is, can ARG characters be scaled and registered hers?

Gaster's addition is a pretty contested topic among the supporters, so I'd say you'll have to talk it out with them.
As for the actual question, I don't see why not. We already have a handful of profiles for characters from various ARGs, even a 1-C character from (I think?) a Reddit ARG.

DDLC is pretty much an ARG in itself iirc, given it uses a real Twitter account and other irl websites as canon parts of the verse.

But about Gaster, absolutely not, he's not allowed due to him being too vague and a lot of his stuff based on headcanon with no real basis. It'd be like making a profile for Zalama of DBS because of it creating the Super Dragon Balls, while we know nothing else.

Then, should be "Not in game = uncanon" rule be used here, when it becomes an ARG? For example, Gaster still.

Undertale/Deltarune ARGs is explictly non-canon because of Toby himself saying it, unless is something like the Spamton Sweepstakes as that was in his official website and wrote all from him.

DDLC instead is canon because of said ARG being mentioned in-game.

Undertale/Deltarune ARGs is explictly non-canon because of Toby himself saying it, unless is something like the Spamton Sweepstakes as that was in his official website and wrote all from him.
Bias and not supported opinion of yours. He actually never stated that, I'm speaking as a whole group of numerous huge Undertale+Deltarune fandom, nothing of it have been found. If you have this information, lend it to me, it would be useful. But until then, don't say things so confidently.
DDLC instead is canon because of said ARG being mentioned in-game.
Alright then.

Bias and not supported opinion of yours. He actually never stated that, I'm speaking as a whole group of numerous huge Undertale+Deltarune fandom, nothing of it have been found. If you have this information, lend it to me, it would be useful. But until then, don't say things so confidently.

I thought you're like, aware about SURVEY_PROGRAM, Deltarune.com in 2015-2017, other cryptic ahh messages in the both code, game, game name screen and other stuff happening there, even taking the Undertale overthrone event, which isn't really tweets, but a whole account change, twice.

But, I'm aware about this kickstarter and other stuff, but i don't see "ARG isn't canon" anywhere. Maybe, you exaggerated your claim or something?

Anyway, there's no point of discussing Deltarune ARG, since the main topic of the question is answered, and this thread can be closed.

By the way, close this thread. The thread is solved, and there's no real point to continue it.

Gaster will never be a profile, ever. I already did debunk several attempts to make him a thing here and yours is no different.
But, I'm aware about this kickstarter and other stuff, but i don't see "ARG isn't canon" anywhere.
Bruh I am talking about the twitter shit you're using for Gaster. Toby said any tweet he does about lore is not canon, so it isn't.

But yeah, it should be closed.

Gaster will never be a profile, ever. I already did debunk several attempts to make him a thing here and yours is no different.
may your debunks be low quality, it would count, but you're no different from surface level fandomer.
Bruh I am talking about the twitter shit you're using for Gaster. Toby said any tweet he does about lore is not canon, so it isn't.
It can't really call it a tweet, because it's a whole account overtake, even tampering it with Deltarune site in 2018. You really have to study wayback machine versions of Deltarune before arguing.
But yeah, it should be closed.
Agree.

No like I am very tempted to make a discussion rule about preventing to make Gaster until next chapters get released.

It's the same crap repeated over and over with only headcanon uses instead of solid evidence.

Gaster will definitely get a profile when we get Chapter 7's secret boss and it turns out to be him
For what reasons Gaster, who explicitly stated that he's working with the Player, CONNECTED the player with the world, and even promised to work together will fight us????

No like I am very tempted to make a discussion rule about preventing to make Gaster until next chapters get released.

It's the same crap repeated over and over with only headcanon uses instead of solid evidence.
There's actually a lot of information about Him.
But, it's not very useful, and will have like, only few abilities, Information Manipilation being his highest, but most unuseful.

Nvm I found in the deep web a very good feat which would make Gaster indexable:

✋︎ ✌︎💣︎ ✌︎👍︎❄︎🕆︎✌︎☹︎☹︎✡︎ ☝︎⚐︎⚐︎👎︎ ☞︎⚐︎☼︎ ✌︎ 🏱︎☼︎⚐︎☞︎✋︎☹︎☜︎ ☹︎💣︎✌︎⚐︎📪︎ ✡︎🕯︎✌︎☹︎☹︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ ☺︎🕆︎💧︎❄︎ 💧︎✌︎☹︎❄︎✡︎ 👌︎☜︎👍︎✌︎🕆︎💧︎☜︎ ⚐︎☞︎ 💣︎✡︎ ☞︎✌︎☠︎👌︎✌︎💧︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎💣︎☜︎ 💧︎⚐︎☹︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎☝︎ ☜︎✞︎☜︎☼︎✡︎⚐︎☠︎☜︎ ✋︎☠︎ 🕆︎☠︎👎︎☜︎☼︎❄︎✌︎☹︎☜︎📪👎︎☜︎☹︎❄︎✌︎☼︎🕆︎☠︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎ ☼︎☜︎💧︎❄︎ ⚐︎☞︎ ☞︎✋👍︎❄︎✋︎⚐︎☠︎

Gaster does get quirky at night, especially in Final Chapters
"alright player I called you out just to play the game and find out the information about this world, so I will simply code myself to break your ass for no reason"

Y
Nvm I found in the deep web a very good feat which would make Gaster indexable:

✋︎ ✌︎💣︎ ✌︎👍︎❄︎🕆︎✌︎☹︎☹︎✡︎ ☝︎⚐︎⚐︎👎︎ ☞︎⚐︎☼︎ ✌︎ 🏱︎☼︎⚐︎☞︎✋︎☹︎☜︎ ☹︎💣︎✌︎⚐︎📪︎ ✡︎🕯︎✌︎☹︎☹︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ ☺︎🕆︎💧︎❄︎ 💧︎✌︎☹︎❄︎✡︎ 👌︎☜︎👍︎✌︎🕆︎💧︎☜︎ ⚐︎☞︎ 💣︎✡︎ ☞︎✌︎☠︎👌︎✌︎💧︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎💣︎☜︎ 💧︎⚐︎☹︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎☝︎ ☜︎✞︎☜︎☼︎✡︎⚐︎☠︎☜︎ ✋︎☠︎ 🕆︎☠︎👎︎☜︎☼︎❄︎✌︎☹︎☜︎📪👎︎☜︎☹︎❄︎✌︎☼︎🕆︎☠︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎ ☼︎☜︎💧︎❄︎ ⚐︎☞︎ ☞︎✋👍︎❄︎✋︎⚐︎☠︎
Ya know.
Even though the Gaster got a lot of actual information, it's still not worth to make a profile, because it will be so small, that better to just not implement him in the Vsbattle wiki.

The only fight he fought was with Demonabc, who is a fodder with no feats

(please for the love of Gaster himself, close this thread. If someone wants to discuss Gaster, better just dm me or create a special thread just for that.)

Back