• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calebcity discussion thread

Unless we find a more acceptable argument then no. Only other option would be to split the profile up into smaller ones which would be pointless.
Tbh our argument was pretty acceptable. It seemed like a “is that fun that I see? No sorry we can’t have that” thing that prevented it from being accepted. We’ve already proven extensively that all versions of Caleb are the same, that would be pointless to split them up.

Perhaps make another CRT with an extensively detailed argument for Caleb being a “composite character” and provide evidence from each video? I recall someone watching all his videos or something finding more evidence for something that’s already clear in the first place.

As far as I’m aware some staff are even doubling down on the decision from that thread. It could end up that pretty much any real world skit type stuff like Caleb (wrestling for example) could be nuked, just for being too “real” like. So double rip boys. Sucks that this can’t even go on Fc/oc.

Tbh our argument was pretty acceptable. It seemed like a “is that fun that I see? No sorry we can’t have that” thing that prevented it from being accepted. We’ve already proven extensively that all versions of Caleb are the same, that would be pointless to split them up.

Perhaps make another CRT with an extensively detailed argument for Caleb being a “composite character” and provide evidence from each video? I recall someone watching all his videos or something finding more evidence for something that’s already clear in the first place.
It doesn’t matter if it’s acceptable to us the mods have the power. They didn’t buy it so it was rejected.

I won’t really describe it as the mods have the power. It’s that our site rules are pretty vague now days. So many things are case by case (but the cases are never explained). And staff members have a lot of power while also having many different opinions (which is normal human stuff, but this site has no way to try to unify general opinions on stuff). I’ve seen so many verses get stuck in tug of war matches where one staff has one opinion and the other has the exact opposite. Though there are so many more times where a staff member downgrades a verse into the dirt, it’s abandoned by everyone that liked it, and whenever you try to fix the staff member constantly keeps it downgraded way after they even care about the verse themselves. It sucks and has happen to two or three verses I really enjoy.

I don’t see why Staff should be the only ones who have opinions considered valid, especially given that I have seen more than my fair share of them doing stupid shit (this is one of those times)
but if you try to change that, then guess who’s gonna be right there to stop you, the staff.

That reminds me when one staff member told me “this isn’t a democracy” and then said it doesn’t matter how many non staff members agree, if you failed to convince the staff they could do whatever (then they promptly downgraded a verse I liked into the dirt). That’s pretty much what they told me and it’s stuck with me ever since that day, because it was such a condescending statement.

I was just thinking, while it sucks Caleb can’t be a proper character on this site, we do still have the sandbox. Nothing stops us from just making fun and games board matches with him and that’s pretty much different from a normal match if you just set the tone to be more in line with one.

That was the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on this goddamn site
anyways who wants to make fun and games vs threads using the sandbox now 🗿
I was just thinking, while it sucks Caleb can’t be a proper character on this site, we do still have the sandbox. Nothing stops us from just making fun and games board matches with him and that’s pretty much different from a normal match if you just set the tone to be more in line with one.
Exactly

I just realized there’s another justification for Caleb’s Acausality. When he makes the time viewer and plays a joke on his past self that it’s about to explode, his past self freaks out and ends the call, but that doesn’t change what Caleb is doing in the present.

Dunno if someone already calc'd this, but I noticed this feat mentioned on the first page, and thought I'd give it a go. I know it's below what they currently scale to, but figured it wouldn't hurt to calc I also expected higher results.

Dunno if someone already calc'd this, but I noticed this feat mentioned on the first page, and thought I'd give it a go. I know it's below what they currently scale to, but figured it wouldn't hurt to calc I also expected higher results.
Well thanks for the effort anyway. Good to see there’s still some Caleb fans on here.

Oh, also realized if the girl in the vid has a stated speed (I know they give flat out speed statements frequently from what I remember watching), that'd make the calc I did much higher. So if she's ever given a stated speed, lemme know. It'd change the results a LOT (Should easily net FTL+)

Like a persona (real definition of persona not the game) wiki? Since all the persona’s on this site like wwe and Caleb got nuked (apparently they were too real, despite the fact we literally have real life as a verse but oh well)? At least some of wwe was getting axed last I checked, was the full verse axed? We could have many YouTubers and entertainers on a new wiki it could be somewhat cool.

I still find it dumb even some were nuked. But at least you guys managed to save a few. Though it does suck a crap ton of staff now despise that verse for pretty much no reason.

Back