• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Your first mistake is thinking that stabbing Deku is going to even kill him. They would need to get an instant kill shot in order to beat him, and that’s AFTER getting past him realizing they are going to attack in the first place and dodging. Also, attempting to get that kill shot through his mobility and predicting their moves? It’s going to take more than 13 tries to do that.

Your scenario of him fighting perfectly relies on him only doing cqc and not his other quirks. Lets say he gets in cqc and goes right for Blackwhip. Is Byleth going to continue trying cqc? Especially when, no matter what kind of attacks they do, he can sense and predict them? And they have no way of knowing how he’s doing it?

You are overestimating the information they are gaining from resetting. All they are learning is what movement he is going to make for that particular instance. When they go back and try to adjust themselves for that instance, he’s still going to sense them trying to adjust. He will then adjust too. They try to attack him when he goes for a kick? He blocks the sword. They try to side step him? He grabs them with Blackwhip out of his back.

He does not have to win flawlessly, he can take getting stabbed and slashed several times. The issue is Byleth even managing to get to that point when they only have 13 tries. I doubt it would take less than 6-7 tries to even understand that Blackwhip can just spawn from wherever he wants it to come from. No matter how many times they try to replay the fight, they are going to encounter a wall where he just avoids their attacks or blocks them completely.

Also, he would just yank the Sword of the Creator out of their hands with Blackwhip if they tried that with him. He can predict attacks that are faster than him, so it’s not like he can ever get caught off guard reliably. His Mid Gauntlets also function as mini-shields for his arms so he can block their sword (though they tend to not hold up forever) and he has enough stamina to just get hit and keep going.

They need more than 13 tries.
Don't forget that his Iron Soles are durable enough to tank his 100% Attacks so he could use them as shields if he got really desperate for one too.

Don't forget that his Iron Soles are durable enough to tank his 100% Attacks so he could use them as shields if he got really desperate for one too.
He regularly uses his iron soles to deflect attacks, so it’s not even a desperation tactic. He can just deflect their sword with a kick and keep going.

His actual combat abilities aren’t bad either. So on top of the threat of being instantly captured by Blackwhip and his precog alerting him to all of their attacks, he himself can just react to what they’re doing and block their sword.

Deku is more versatile and intelligent than is being portrayed here.

The only way Byleth is getting a kill shot here is by not only getting Deku off guard, but also knowing to strike as hard as they can as close as they can in a specific part and hope he doesn’t just turn around and block or use Blackwhip to force them away.

This is all without even MENTIONING that he can use Fa Jin and just speed amp to or away from them. Or that he can just smokescreen them dead in the face to get out of a situation. (Let me at least try to make it useful)

He has enough variety, intelligence, stamina, skill and options to outlast them 13 times. The better question is what path are they looking for that is going to get them a guaranteed kill shot on the guy who can sense their every attack.

I mean, I also don't think Byleth's skill is being properly represented here, given that they've been trained by the greatest knight/mercenary in history who has lived, fought, and trained for far over 100 years ever since Byleth was a small child, and Base Byleth shouldn't even be far behind the very same version of themselves that singlehandedly turned the tides in the War (let's say they somewhat downscale, since Base Byleth is just a couple months prior to the timeskip and they slept for the entire 5 years, there's not much room for Byleth to really be much "worse" before fusing with Sothis), this is without mentioning the training received by several other highly skilled knights and 1000+ year old dragons, all with plenty of battle experience

I'll say I'm not the best when it comes to arguing skill, but I'd actually say Byleth outskills, having far better training and experience

Also, Byleth doesn't always (nor do they need to, they have the Chalice, allowing him to snipe in return) lead with range, only leading with the whip in urgent situations, meaning the element of surprise is still very much a possibility

Byleth is also capable of dodging, with Enhanced Senses and the several skills increasing their ability to avoid attacks

Stamina is a non factor when Healing Focus just lets Byleth regain stamina with zero restrictions at any time, Deku might have better stamina overall, but he's unable to replenish it, especially not with healing that scales to High-Low (will be changed to Low-Mid eventually, however, but I won't argue that here)

I mean, I also don't think Byleth's skill is being properly represented here, given that they've been trained by the greatest knight/mercenary in history who has lived, fought, and trained for far over 100 years ever since Byleth was a small child, and Base Byleth shouldn't even be far behind the very same version of themselves that singlehandedly turned the tides in the War (let's say they somewhat downscale, since Base Byleth is just a couple months prior to the timeskip and they slept for the entire 5 years, there's not much room for Byleth to really be much "worse" before fusing with Sothis), this is without mentioning the training received by several other highly skilled knights and 1000+ year old dragons, all with plenty of battle experience

I'll say I'm not the best when it comes to arguing skill, but I'd actually say Byleth outskills, having far better training and experience

Also, Byleth doesn't always (nor do they need to, they have the Chalice, allowing him to snipe in return) lead with range, only leading with the whip in urgent situations, meaning the element of surprise is still very much a possibility

Byleth is also capable of dodging, with Enhanced Senses and the several skills increasing their ability to avoid attacks

Stamina is a non factor when Healing Focus just lets Byleth regain stamina with zero restrictions at any time, Deku might have better stamina overall, but he's unable to replenish it, especially not with healing that scales to High-Low (will be changed to Low-Mid eventually, however, but I won't argue that here)
Skill, again, is countered by Deku just reacting to what they’re going to do. Deku has displayed actual feats of combat analysis that are leagues beyond Byleth’s combat feats. You can say they have better training, but Deku has fought more varied and distinct opponents than Byleth has. He lives in a world where every single person has a unique super power and specializes in recognizing and countering damn near all of them. His one man crusade literally had him fight countless people, not a single one of them having the same power. In terms of combat experience, Deku more than keeps up. You can say Byleth might be a better fighter due to actual training, but that doesn’t mean much when factoring in Deku’s quirks. The playing field is evened out.

I still don’t see how the whip is supposed to be a sneak attack if Deku senses the danger of the whip and dodges or blocks it. It’s just a ranged, easy to see weapon attack.

Except Byleth can’t spam those skills forever. Deku can. He has no restrictions on how long he can dodge or use Danger Sense or block attacks or activate Blackwhip. He can keep this fight up for days.

Stamina is not a non-factor when you’re trying to claim Byleth can win by slashing Deku. They could burn through all 13 rewinds and not get Deku tired through all of them. Their healing is irrelevant if they get bound and ragdolled by Blackwhip while disarmed.

I'd have to give this to Deku, when looking at Byleth's profile their enhanced senses only seem to allow them to react to surprise attacks. Deku's intelligence should also be something of note, Byleth is gifted while Deku is a Combat Genius, earlier in this thread, it's been said that Byleth would use Divine Pulse to strategize around Deku's own abilites. However, in the time it took Lady Nagant's first few shots to fire, He made a plan perfectly suited around Nagant's sniper quirk (as he had no knowledge of air walk at this point) however after he learns of air walk, he creates new ones on the fly and can figure out a way to get in close range. Even before this, we see him perfectly break down Mt. Lady's and Shiozaki's quirks. And his prediction about Mt. Lady's limit (as displayed in both the manga and Ep. 1). This alone by itself should give him the ability to break down every ability Byleth has

Back onto Byleth's enhanced sense's, there seems to be nothing that indicates that Byleth could track deku in the Fog if he doesn't try to attack. As we saw in both Lady Nagant and Muscular's fight, he can use smokescreen for different purposes than just suprise attacks or fleeing. He can store energy with Fa-jin which as we saw, can boost him to the levels of his 100%. He could also get to a different vantage point, or to effect the terrain without Byleth's knowledge (did smokescreen become slightly useful?). Black Whip can also be used for terrain destruction (though it's not said in OP where the fight takes place so multiple routes there).

Deku's Stamina is also important. the question is if Byleth has fought for days, perhaps weeks maybe even a month, without rest. With no sleep and as we see as Deku abandons all might later, sometimes without proper meals. He also dominates in LS, so nothing is stopping him from laming them out with Black whip Hundreds of meter's away (as that is Black whips stated range)

The Chalice of Beginnings literally prevents Deku from "laming them out" with range, I've said this already

The Chalice of Beginnings literally prevents Deku from "laming them out" with range, I've said this already
So do they just hit him with a melee attack from range? Or an energy wave? Either way he doesn’t do ranged that often without his gloves and he doesn’t have them yet in this key, so that Chalice thing doesn’t mean much unless it counts Blackwhip as an attack, and even then he’d dodge it cause it would just be an extended normal attack from them, which he can handle.

Lighting attack at range, spawns just above them, and I'd imagine it would register attacking Byleth as an attack

I’m still just not seeing how they get a hit on Deku. None of their abilities are enough to actually catch him off guard or overcome his analysis. And even if they do he blocks them with his Mid Gauntlets or Soles, and even then he can just shrug off getting stabbed or slashed several times. And by that point, do they even have any rewinds left?

At what rewind is Byleth going to even get to the point of getting hits on him? Especially when they don’t know about or can find out about the precog? Or what stops Blackwhip from just catching or deflecting them all the time from any angle?

I’m pretty sure Fog actually does lower Byleth’s vision heavily, so smokescreen is useful. So now he can just blind them and charge up Fa Jin whenever he wants, or trick them like he did Nagant and capture them.

Deku hadn't healed much (if at all) since his fight with Nagant. So he should have still had a multitude of broken limbs, bruises, and scars (from ya know, getting shot alot). And yet he still fought a multitude of Villain's with no issue

Deku hadn't healed much (if at all) since his fight with Nagant. So he should have still had a multitude of broken limbs, bruises, and scars (from ya know, getting shot alot)
That was a month ago, he’s fine now, he got all healed up at UA. Also SBA assumes best condition I’m pretty sure. Either way, he’s good to go in the story currently

That was a month ago, he’s fine now, he got all healed up at UA. Also SBA assumes best condition I’m pretty sure. Either way, he’s good to go in the story currently
ah ok (I was referencing his state before Class 1-A got to him, he never healed after the fight I assume, so he's still using 45% in a very roughed up state, like how Deku proceeded to easily destroy the next assassin sent after him, though I don't know the exact timeframe for that)

I'd have to give this to Deku, when looking at Byleth's profile their enhanced senses only seem to allow them to react to surprise attacks. Deku's intelligence should also be something of note, Byleth is gifted while Deku is a Combat Genius, earlier in this thread, it's been said that Byleth would use Divine Pulse to strategize around Deku's own abilites. However, in the time it took Lady Nagant's first few shots to fire, He made a plan perfectly suited around Nagant's sniper quirk (as he had no knowledge of air walk at this point) however after he learns of air walk, he creates new ones on the fly and can figure out a way to get in close range. Even before this, we see him perfectly break down Mt. Lady's and Shiozaki's quirks. And his prediction about Mt. Lady's limit (as displayed in both the manga and Ep. 1). This alone by itself should give him the ability to break down every ability Byleth has

Back onto Byleth's enhanced sense's, there seems to be nothing that indicates that Byleth could track deku in the Fog if he doesn't try to attack. As we saw in both Lady Nagant and Muscular's fight, he can use smokescreen for different purposes than just suprise attacks or fleeing. He can store energy with Fa-jin which as we saw, can boost him to the levels of his 100%. He could also get to a different vantage point, or to effect the terrain without Byleth's knowledge (did smokescreen become slightly useful?). Black Whip can also be used for terrain destruction (though it's not said in OP where the fight takes place so multiple routes there).

Deku's Stamina is also important. the question is if Byleth has fought for days, perhaps weeks maybe even a month, without rest. With no sleep and as we see as Deku abandons all might later, sometimes without proper meals. He also dominates in LS, so nothing is stopping him from laming them out with Black whip Hundreds of meter's away (as that is Black whips stated range)
that's 7

Leaning means neutral but leaning towards deku fra.

But sure since you meant that you voted for Deku it's counted.

Back