• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bruno vs a Fighting Type Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Des+Kangaroo.png
latest

Both at 9-A, Bruno is without mons, Speed = and casual encounter.

Dark/Fighting Type Card:

Why does this guy have 2 Onix in the same team:

Incon:

Des Kangaroo should take this with middling difficulty. bruno seems considerably stronger, but Des Kangaroo com ignore durability, has reactive power levels and can empower his attacks.

Pretty sure he takes this.

Des Kangaroo should take this with middling difficulty. bruno seems considerably stronger, but Des Kangaroo com ignore durability, has reactive power levels and can empower his attacks.

Pretty sure he takes this.
What about the Poké Balls tho?

Also, how does him ignore dura?

I don't know how he does, it's on his profile.

Oh, Poké Balls can be used? I didn't think of that. Then... I'm not sure. I gotta research about them to see if they only work on Pokémon or in any kind of being.

Yes, I don't think Bruno can catch Des Kangaroo.

Durability negation is also described in his attack section. I think the kangaroo wins anyway, since it seems also more skilled than Bruno in fighting.

Oh? Before Ash's fights were removed because of his AP change, him capturing things as Indominus Rex or Shrek was legit here.

"Most Poké Balls have difficulty recognizing Ultra Beasts as Pokémon due to their extradimensional origins, impairing their ability to effectively catch them. Beast Balls, being specifically designed to catch Ultra Beasts, are instead ineffective against Pokémon that are not Ultra Beasts. The Master Ball is unaffected by this impairment due to catching any Pokémon without fail, even Ultra Beasts. "

Bruno would also have to hit the Kangaroo and make it weak in order for the capture to be effective, but the balls don't work anyway. They hardly recognize UB as Pokémon, they would have no effect on the Kangaroo. Also we are assuming that Bruno has empty balls, instead of only those with his Pokémon inside.

I just wanted to point out this thing:
  1. Poké Balls would work on Des since on their profile is literally stated that Poké Balls can seal more than Pokémon and has been shown to seal things like rice balls and ancient versions were able to catch non-pokemon souls, aka they can catch him
  2. This is wrong

"Most Poké Balls have difficulty recognizing Ultra Beasts as Pokémon due to their extradimensional origins, impairing their ability to effectively catch them. Beast Balls, being specifically designed to catch Ultra Beasts, are instead ineffective against Pokémon that are not Ultra Beasts. The Master Ball is unaffected by this impairment due to catching any Pokémon without fail, even Ultra Beasts. "
Bulbapedia contradicts itself some times, and that statement is wrong regardless since UCs as Buzzwole or Kartana can be caught with a Poké Ball.

Also, the official description of Ultra Balls is this:

A special Poké Ball designed to catch Ultra Beasts. It has a low success rate for catching others.

Low Success rate =/= Impossible, aka this argument is flawed regardless.

So the Poké Ball can perfectly catch Des.

Last edited:
It is low chance, and Des still needs to be weakened. Which he shouldn't be very much.

In fact, even if we considered it to be 100% chance, it'd be a stomp the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back