• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bringing a gun to a sword fight

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Like the title says

Doomguy

Samurai Jack (Character)

Doomguy render
Samurai jack vetor by igorrechenberg-d7ncc6a
Speed is equalized

Jack is bloodlusted and of course, he has his magic sword.

This is the Doom Slayer, aka the Doomguy from Doom 2016. He has all the weapons from the 2016 game, with tons of ammo.

They are 30 meters away from each other.

They fight in a town, located in a desert.

Doom Slayer with amps one-shots thanks to just how much power they give him. (115 KT BFG shots with Quad Damage alone)

Without amps, I dunno. On one hand Doom probably wouldn't qualify as outright 'evil' by SJ standards, seeing as A) he kills demons, B) plenty of scenes within the reboot show that he has a conscience, and C) he's implied to have been blessed with his power by an angel. On the other hand, Jack isn't really a stranger to plasma weapons and futuristic tech, and he generally has more feats than Doom does combat-wise.

In terms of fighting experience and stamina, Doom eats him alive in those areas. However, Jack is probably trained in more forms of combat than Doom is. Doom's got better range, and with The Crucible, he's got longer reach even in a melee scenario, but Jack is no stranger to projectiles, and has fought people with longer reach than him plenty of times.

I'll wait to vote until more arguments present themselves. Amps are probably going to be restricted (everyone does that the moment I mention them), so I don't really have a solid argument for either side yet. Really wish at least one of Jack's feats had a calc backing it up so that we could compare their physical strength.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I didn't vote inconclusive, though. Just said I'd wait for further reasoning.
I know but with your reason i think this match is going to be Inconclusive

Back