• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brandish' Tier

Rib78

VS Battles
Retired
Our current listing for Brandish' DC is was a low end alternative to this OBD calc, which assumed that she was capable of manipulating volume but not mass, as oppossed to the OBD calc which assumed she was proportionally adjusting both.

In the most recent Fairy Tail chapter Erza states outright that she believes Brandish' powers are based on the manipulation of mass; hypothetically she could be wrong, but I'm thinking Mashima was giving insight on Brandish' powers through her.

As such, I believe Brandish should be upgraded to Small Island level based on the OBD calc, as should Acnologia and possibly Igneel, scaling from her.

Since changing the mass of an object is not possible in real life ,we have no way to accurately calc hee real strength, that's why i believe she should remain city level.

The OBD calculation doesn't have an energy figure for increasing the mass or anything like that. It simply uses regular density for the raised island, rather than assuming consistant mass with the pre-enlarged island.

I know that the calc doesn't use anything like that, i am just saying that her real stregth cannot be calculated.Anyway i think she should remain where she is.

Can you link to Erza's comment please?

Hmm. To me this likely seems legitimate, but you should probably ask the rest of the calculation group for input.

I have now sent them and various other staff members messages asking for input.

At first I thought that the PE result on the OBD calc was for lifting up the island but now that I look at it properly again that doesn't seem to be the case.

Right now I can't quite gather my thoughts properly on this subject so for now I'd suggest waiting for DontTalk's input on this. I believe that he also did a PE calc on this some time back...

Brandish' powers are based on the manipulation of mass

Aaaaand? If she is able to manipulate mass, then she is not need big strength to lift this very small island.

And I don't see how we can scale other characters from her, because she has very specific magic.

Personally, I am fine with using the OBD calculation for this. Marian Hollow also did seem to become lighter after being shrunk, so that supports a change of mass.

About scaling it to the dragons... maybe. Technically we have not seen how they would compare with each other, but as top tiers it makes sense for them... probably.

If she truly is small island than Acnologia should be island imo since his blast covered an entire island while he was toying and brandish being likely leagues bellow him and a member of the people zeref gathered just to take Acnologia on alone.His profile just seems way off.

Well, we may have to wait to get a definitive tier for Acnologia.

Well it does seem logical that now that a character in the series sorta disproved the original assumption of her manipulating volume so i am fine with the upgrade

as for the scaling, i don't have alot of knowledge on the verse to say how that would work

If there isn't anything that straight up contredicts Erza's statement then i believe the update is due, however if she is turned out to be wrong ( which is a thing modern manga authors sometimes do) then we would have to downgrade again...anyway for now its legit.

I agree with the upgrade. I also think that we should scale Brandish to Acnologia (And possibly Igneel), as there is no way that Brandish is more powerful than him.

The comment likely means that she can conquer a nation on her own and completely destroy it in the progress and not that she can literally destroy a nation with one attack. At the very least statement is to vague to base a tier on it.

Alpha149 said:
Nobody thought in Makarov's comment? http://www.***********.net/fairy-tail/452/12
I saw this, but brushed it off as vague-ish. Also, it is outside of Fairy Tails display of power thus far.

DontTalk said:
The comment likely means that she can conquer a nation on her own and completely destroy it in the progress and not that she can literally destroy a nation with one attack.
At the very least statement is to vague to base a tier on it.
Oh, ok then

Well, Okay then, feel free to upgrade Brandish, and Acnologia as well.

I believe we should wait for DontTalk's opinion on the matter.

Personally, I am fine with the upgrade, but not upgrading of Acnologia. Brandish's feat is via a specific type of magic, which might be hax-like in terms of destructive output.

Acnologia should be not be scaled, and simply be listed as "possibly" along with an explanation "(likely stronger than Brandish)".

Lord Kavpeny said:
I believe we should wait for DontTalk's opinion on the matter.
Personally, I am fine with the upgrade, but not upgrading of Acnologia. Brandish's feat is via a specific type of magic, which might be hax-like in terms of destructive output.

Acnologia should be not be scaled, and simply be listed as "possibly" along with an explanation "(likely stronger than Brandish)".
This.

Well, as said I am fine with the upgrade and listing Acnologia and Igneel as possibly small Island level is fine with me as well.

Okay. Feel free to upgrade all 3 of the profiles then.

I'd say current showings put Laxus above Azeal so he should benefit from any scaling Azeal gets. That said, I think it's a but premature for either of them; partly because Brandish was sort of singled out for her power in this chapter (Makarov only mention one feature for most of the twelve and her's was her power), and partly because Azeal's showings are a distinct contrast with Brandish' in every way.

Back