• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brachydios CRT.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Okay, so I know that we already acknowledge it on the profile, but we don't really justify it the way it should be. So in this clip we have Brachydios fighting an Agnaktor and it easily beats it. However, I'd like to point out the fact that it literally put it out of commission in three hits and then One-Shot it to death when it got Enraged as you can see by the yellow coloring it's slime took on when it gave the killing blow. I want us to change it's justification to "Easily defeated an Agnaktor in three blows, Higher when Enraged (One-Shot Agnaktor upon getting Enraged)". We know Monsters don't get less durable when they weaken as shown with every single hunt we go on in the games unless we literally break parts off of them which Brachydios didn't do here, so it literally killed the Agnaktor in one punch by getting mad.

Little bonus thing but I also want to add Martial Arts to Brachydios as well. I know it's a gag for the Kinship Attach, but we literally see him practicing boxing and essentially doing a Little Mac style training montage so I think we can give it to him, at least if we finally get a rider profile. It can also be used as an Intelligence Feat that it used a training regimen like a human does.

Little bonus thing but I also want to add Martial Arts to Brachydios as well. I know it's a gag for the Kinship Attach, but we literally see him practicing boxing and essentially doing a Little Mac style training montage so I think we can give it to him, at least if we finally get a rider profile. It can also be used as an Intelligence Feat that it used a training regimen like a human does.
Rather than practicing martial arts, I'd rather think it's just regular physical ability training

I honestly don't see Brachy having Martial Arts, since it mostly just hits things with pounders that resemble fists, instead of, like, deflecting or blocking or judo throws. It does do side-steps or something like that, but then again Kushala and Glavenus do as well.

Though the justification is good, I don't think (enraged) Brachy can be said to be able to one-shot monsters any more than any other animal could be said to one-shot others; do lions deserve a "higher" for one-shotting gazelles? Agnaktor was killed after getting its throat blown out and then getting smacked right in the face by an exploding pounder. Uragaan I guess died from being coated to the nines in slime, though who knows how many hits took that, or what other damage it sustained before that happened. Brachy is strong among non-elder dragon monsters, sure, but I don't particularly think it should get special mention for that.

I honestly don't see Brachy having Martial Arts, since it mostly just hits things with pounders that resemble fists, instead of, like, deflecting or blocking or judo throws. It does do side-steps or something like that, but then again Kushala and Glavenus do as well.

Though the justification is good, I don't think (enraged) Brachy can be said to be able to one-shot monsters any more than any other animal could be said to one-shot others; do lions deserve a "higher" for one-shotting gazelles? Agnaktor was killed after getting its throat blown out and then getting smacked right in the face by an exploding pounder. Uragaan I guess died from being coated to the nines in slime, though who knows how many hits took that, or what other damage it sustained before that happened. Brachy is strong among non-elder dragon monsters, sure, but I don't particularly think it should get special mention for that.
I mean it did literally two tap an Apex Monster with its explosions, so it's definitely built different compared to most other Apex Monsters.

I mean it did literally two tap an Apex Monster with its explosions, so it's definitely built different compared to most other Apex Monsters.
Brachydios certainly is strong among Apexes, that I don't dispute. Even its Stories 2 incarnation had attack comparable to Elder Dragons and Deviants like Kushala Daora and Dreadking Rathalos instead of Rathalos, Astalos, etc. However, without feats that wouldn't be possible from another Apex, I don't think that warrants a "Higher" rating. If a Rathalos slammed down twice right on the neck of an Agnaktor, I don't doubt that would inflict similarly lethal amounts of damage.

Brachydios certainly is strong among Apexes, that I don't dispute. Even its Stories 2 incarnation had attack comparable to Elder Dragons and Deviants like Kushala Daora and Dreadking Rathalos instead of Rathalos, Astalos, etc. However, without feats that wouldn't be possible from another Apex, I don't think that warrants a "Higher" rating. If a Rathalos slammed down twice right on the neck of an Agnaktor, I don't doubt that would inflict similarly lethal amounts of damage.
Okay, can we at least use the Brachydios from Stories 2 doing actual physical training and meditating as a sort of intelligence buff or does that just not apply here at all?

Back