• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros vs Garou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta3000 said:
No he isn't, neither of them hurt saitama in any way even Boros sending Saitama to the moon did nothing except show that Saitama can't survive long in space; so we cannot use it as a mesurement (unless you have proof). They are both h2h fighters (though boros has a ranged ability) so Garou has an advantage, so as long as he doesn't let Boros slip away and unleash his roar he wins this.

While I agree with you that Saitama didn't take any damage, you can't deny the fact that Boros actually "moved" Saitama, pushing him back several instances, and sent Saitama flying in multiple occasions. Garou, again, despite landing some pretty solid blows, at best was able to push Saitama about a meter back. What i'm trying to compare is the force of their blows, not damage dealt (because if I were to use damage as a measure then every character would be on par). Now we know that Garou is durable, and I've just explained how Boros is ARGUABLY stronger, BUT Garou never once shown the DC to suggest he would be able to hurt Boros (Garou's ultimate move couldn't even make Saitama flinch), Boros on the otherhand CAN damage Garou. Saitama commended Boros' strength ("you are strong"), and got impressed by Garou's tenacity ("He can keep going"). Also we've seen Garou's strongest form, the pinnacle of his evolution, assuming that he could be much stronger is just wrong. Of course if we've only known that Garou's power is to get stronger and stronger, and was not shown any limit, then it's perfectly safe to assume that he could have a stronger form. Unfortunately that is not the case, the webcomic has shown us his max potential, and by feats and scaling and character statements, we can deduce that Boros is superior in terms of power.

@Bleuburd Saitama to Garou: "With that attack, I know that you are sorta strong. I might even say very strong..." The fact that Garou could move Saitama would the way he did suggests that he would have been able to hurt Boros. Also Garou, as he evolved, did "blizt" Saitama in almost the exact same fashion. Garou and Boros are the same speed.

Kabuto did the same thing and you are forgeting saitama was more serious when he fought Garou ie not letting himself get pushed around and btw Boroses strongest attack didn't make saitama flinch either.

Boros: 7 (Battlemania, Huesito88, KillitwithC4, Edwellken, Burstchaos, RadicalMrR, Bleuburd)

Garou: 9 (Cropfist, CA Spiderman, Spartan1204, Delta3000, KingJordz, Ryukama, Raito Utopia, NoobishLOLOL, Dienomite22)

Spartan1204 said:
@Bleuburd Saitama to Garou: "With that attack, I know that you are sorta strong. I might even say very strong..." The fact that Garou could move Saitama would the way he did suggests that he would have been able to hurt Boros. Also Garou, as he evolved, did "blizt" Saitama in almost the exact same fashion. Garou and Boros are the same speed.

Technically you can't call that a blitz. A blitz uses speed and nothing else, i.e. if the "blitz" was done through stealth, then it's not a blitz but a surprise attack, if it's done though deception then it's called trickery, if it's done through precog then it's called aim dodging (what Garou did).

Delta3000 said:
Kabuto did the same thing and you are forgeting saitama was more serious when he fought Garou ie not letting himself get pushed around and btw Boroses strongest attack didn't make saitama flinch either.
Did the same thing? Like hitting a stationary Saitama? Saitama wasn't even fighting back there. In Boros fight it's explicitly shown that the two are actually fighting (seriously try to rewatch it, it's nothing like the Kabuto fight). Saitama was more serious when fighting Garou............... hmmmmmmmmm if you back this up with some evidence I might agree to this, otherwise it's just a baseless claim. Boros' strongest attack couldn't even make Saitama flinch, yeah true, then how about this, Boros kicked Saitama to the moon. What can you say about that? Did you actually forget that? I mean it's like the highlight of the episode. Also if you rewatch the fight I'm positive that you'll see Saitama flinching a couple of times.

Boros: 9 (Battlemania, Huesito88, KillitwithC4, Edwellken, Burstchaos, RadicalMrR, Bleuburd, God-King Superman77, AquaWaifu)

Garou: 9 (Cropfist, CA Spiderman, Spartan1204, Delta3000, KingJordz, Ryukama, Raito Utopia, NoobishLOLOL, Dienomite22)

He used more serious attacks against Garou, so you do the math. Saitama treated being kicked to the moon as a novelty, i wouldn't really call that an effective attack.

Boros: 9 (Battlemania, Huesito88, KillitwithC4, Edwellken, Burstchaos, RadicalMrR, Bleuburd, God-King Superman77, AquaWaifu)

Garou: 10 (Cropfist, CA Spiderman, Spartan1204, Delta3000, KingJordz, Ryukama, Raito Utopia, NoobishLOLOL, Dienomite22, Muuuuh)

Delta3000 said:
He used more serious attacks against Garou, so you do the math. Saitama treated being kicked to the moon as a novelty, i wouldn't really call that an effective attack.

You present 2 completely unrelated variables then you ask me to do the math? So based on this logic Mosquito>Garou>boros>genos>vaccine man>Beefcake? That's definitely not math. 2nd sentence, *sigh, I don't want to go in circles here, i'm pretty sure i've explained this in my previous posts.

Delta3000 said:
exactly how are they unrelated?

Did you miss my second sentence or something? I really have to explain this now? *sigh..... Seriousness is not a measure of force. If I apply your logic then Boros = Sonic since they both survived 1 serious move. Take it like this, "a boxer punched two guys in the face the first one he punched with 9,800 newtons of force the other he hit seriously. Which one got hurt more?". I hope I Explained it. Here's the thing, everyone assumes that Garou would just evolve to be stronger and faster than Boros, someone even said that Garou could evolve to Boros in a fraction of a second. I understand where this is coming from of course, in fact I think that Garou would quite easily adapt to Boros' fighting style, he'd probably even evolve heat and blunt force resistance, BUT I don't see him evolving to the point that he'd be faster or stronger. WHY? Because despite the nature of his power it still has limits (just because char. A posses the power of fire it doesn't mean that he could burn anything because of the existence of limits), and we've seen this limit, the absolute peak of his power was shown in the webcomic. Sure he could probably evolve additional limbs or another head or something, but at some point it's going to just stop and he'll get weaker (exactly like what happened), you don't even have to deal any critical blow for this to happen, just drag out the fight, and i'm pretty sure Boros would be able to pull this off through his Regenerationn.

Spartan1204 said:
@Bleuburd
Lol, how is this not purely speed. Garou isn't using precog or anything at this moment because Saitama is literally standing still.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3
You got me by the pictures. I have to ask though, if Batman manages to land a hit on Flash, while Flash is standing perfectly still, does that count as a blitz?

I go for Boros for the reasons above. And to add, even if Garou has better H2H advantage, and somehow made his way out to Boros, his punches wouldn't be very effective, since his high-mid Regenerationn would likely minimize the damage dealt to almost zero (against the likes of Garou of course)

Added to the fact Boros might go all out and use his Roar-Canon and destroy him along with the planet's surface (or planet according to the anime) And I doubt Garou would have anything to counter that.

Boros: 10 (Battlemania, Huesito88, KillitwithC4, Edwellken, Burstchaos, RadicalMrR, Bleuburd, God-King Superman77, AquaWaifu, Sidali891)

Garou: 10 (Cropfist, CA Spiderman, Spartan1204, Delta3000, KingJordz, Ryukama, Raito Utopia, NoobishLOLOL, Dienomite22, Muuuuh)

Ahh, i see what you mean now.

Meteoric burst wouldn't allow Boros to drag the fight out and Boros's regen can be over taxed as much as Garou's adaption. The only way Boros could win, in my opinion, is with roaring cannon but i find it unlikely that Garou would give him the time to use it.

I think Boros wins in the long run.

Since Garou is in Monster Form, it's not going to be a one shot. But with the energy projection that Boros has, I don't see Garou redirecting the attack. I think Garou, who was tough enough to withstand some attacks from a Saitama (who knew Garou was human and thus was not trying to kill him), could survive that first blast we see Saitama tanking, but the Collapsing Star, Roaring Cannon is orders of magnitude more than anything Garou has been seen tanking. It's likely if things gradually built up to such an attack, Garou could survive it, but since when Boros used it versus Saitama it was also orders of magnitude greater than any of his prior attacks, there is no reason to believe that he would do any sort of slow build up for Garou.

Garou will win in melee, I believe that is for certain, but Boros has rather significant Regenerationn, from regrowing limbs to reassembling himself from bloody paste. So a brute force by anything less than Saitama-level attacks isn't going to be putting him down for good.

Not to mention, Boros could BFR Garou to the moon or the sun, and Garou isn't going to survive that. He's not as durable as Saitama.

I do think Garou puts up a "Hell of a fight" since Boros seemed very fond of melee in both Unarmored, and Meteoric Burst forms. But once he realizes he cannot beat Garou in melee, he will ragequit like he did versus Saitama, and wipe out Garou along with much of the surface of the planet (or actual planet depending on translation).

Eso votes for Boros

@EsotericDichotomy Garou survived a Serious Headbutt and being launched up as well. Garou would survive a moon kick and return to Earth.

Spartan1204 said:
@EsotericDichotomy Garou survived a Serious Headbutt and being launched up as well. Garou would survive a moon kick and return to Earth.

no...no he wouldnt. be simply lanuched up into the air (very high mind you) and being kicked to the MOON...are very very different.

@Bleuburd

I'm saying your claim that Boros ever blitz Saitama is ridiculous. Boros and Garou were treated the same way by Saitama when it comes to speed.

Boros: 11 (Battlemania, Huesito88, KillitwithC4, Edwellken, Burstchaos, RadicalMrR, Bleuburd, God-King Superman77, AquaWaifu, Sidali891, EsotericDichotomy)

Garou: 11 (Cropfist, CA Spiderman, Spartan1204, Delta3000, KingJordz, Ryukama, Raito Utopia, NoobishLOLOL, Dienomite22, Muuuuh, Hop)

...Now talk about a close battle. Guess this time Boros would agree that this is indeed a match worthy of a prophecy. lol

Spartan1204 said:
@Bleuburd
I'm saying your claim that Boros ever blitz Saitama is ridiculous. Boros and Garou were treated the same way by Saitama when it comes to speed.

First of all I put the word blitz in between quotation marks. 2nd, Boros did blitz the non-serious Saitama (here in vs battle we treat serious Saitama and non-serious Saitama as two different characters).

@Blueburd

I also put blitz in quotations as Garou and Boros both "blitz" non-serious Saitama. You said in your other post, "Meteoric burst Boros actually managed to be 'faster' than Saitama (the casual Saitama), he actually somewhat blitzed Saitama, Garou has no such feats" My point is, your point about Garou having no similar feat as Meteoric Burst Boros for speed is just false. They literally did the same thing to casual Saitama, but for one you say he "blitz", for the other you say he didn't "blitz".

Sidenote, you actually put faster in quotes not blitz.

For this epic fight, I have to agree with EsotericDichotomy and the others who already stated their reasoning for Boros being the winner.

Siding with the Conqueror of the Universe here.

Spartan1204 said:
@Blueburd
I also put blitz in quotations as Garou and Boros both "blitz" non-serious Saitama. You said in your other post, "Meteoric burst Boros actually managed to be 'faster' than Saitama (the casual Saitama), he actually somewhat blitzed Saitama, Garou has no such feats" My point is, your point about Garou having no similar feat as Meteoric Burst Boros for speed is just false. They literally did the same thing to casual Saitama, but for one you say he "blitz", for the other you say he didn't "blitz".

Sidenote, you actually put faster in quotes not blitz.
Ok sure.

Boros: 12 (Battlemania, Huesito88, KillitwithC4, Edwellken, Burstchaos, RadicalMrR, Bleuburd, God-King Superman77, AquaWaifu, Sidali891, EsotericDichotomy, ShinyMagicalGirl)

Garou: 11 (Cropfist, CA Spiderman, Spartan1204, Delta3000, KingJordz, Ryukama, Raito Utopia, NoobishLOLOL, Dienomite22, Muuuuh, Hop)

Seeing how things are going so far, it seems it will be an endless cycle of accumulating votes equally for the both.

Just like what happened in Dante vs Ragna, I'm starting to wonder if this one could be closed as Inconclusive as well, considering for how long the thread has been going and how they are still pretty much even in votes.

Although I personally think Garou would win, there are good arguments being made from both sides and the votes keep tying up without much sign of stopping.

So I believe it'd be appropriate to rule this as inconclusive.

If anyone has concerns of this they can come to my wall or reopen this if they are a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back