• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Speed Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
This thread is to address another questionable calculation in Bleach that I've found that I believe doesn't have enough internal consistency to be accepted for use on the profiles.

The calc is this one, calculating Ichigo Kurosaki's combat speed.

For us to accept this calc is being true, we need to acknowledge that Ulquiorra who currently scales to Relativistic speeds chose to attack Ichigo at Mach 70 (a speed that is seemingly too fast for Ichigo to react to), only for Ichigo to unleash an attack that is 141 times faster than Ulquiorra.

I know that in calculations sometimes we have to assume things that we aren't directly told in the series itself, but even if you want to ignore the problem of assuming that Ichigo only has peak human reaction speed, the idea that he is capable of attacking 141 times faster than Ulquiorra who currently scales above him in speed does not hold enough logical consistency.

Currently the only profile this affects is Ichigo Kurosaki's Pre-Timeskip profile, because nobody else scales to the calc and Ichigo himself even scales to Relativistic - far above the Sub-Relativistic result of the calc.

I think that this calc shouldn't be used for the verse or for Ichigo's profile.

EDIT: I'm also not sure exactly where the calc was approved for use on the profiles in the first place.

Last edited:
Isn’t the Mach 70 again because that’s literally how calc standards work? Without some sort of statement you can’t use the other reaction speeds listed on the reactions page regardless of his or ulquiorra’s rating so idk why you mentioned he’s rel.

This result is just the minimum based off that scene.

@Duedate8898; a calc being evaluated is not the same thing as a calc being accepted in a CRT for use.

Well it was accepted in the CRT that updated the Arancar arc, just doesn't look like the calc got discussed. You can see it mentioned here in the OP, looks like you missed it or thought it fine at the time since you were commenting in that thread.

Edit: Check under Ichigo

Two staff members have agreed that the calc doesn't make sense, and no staff members approved the calc being used in the first place. I'll wait a bit longer to see if a third staff member agrees but right now it seems like the calc will be removed.

Calc members should often discuss the logic and reason before accepting or disproving calcs. And it seems everyone who agrees with scrapping the calc actually gave solid reasonings where as no known calc group member really gave it a true stamp of approval.

Calc members should often discuss the logic and reason before accepting or disproving calcs.
I know it is not really possible for every calc member to know enough about a verse to discuss logic and reason. They just check the math and see if it is fine. But that only means the math is fine. It does not mean that the calc is accepted. For the calc to be accepted and reflected on profiles, it needs to be brought up in a CRT and be discussed and approved by the knowledgeable members and mods.

I know that part, but they should also be checking if it's the right formulaic method being used. And they should also make sure the example calc isn't Calc stacking among other things.

Looks like there hasn't been any disagreement on it not being discussed before, and no real reason for it to stay. I will edit the verse page and Ichigo's profile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back