• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Ability Addition

I dont really know why Urahara/Mayuri has never Been given this Ability: 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧

we have seen him constantly prepare for Battles, during the SS arc,arrancar arc, Tybw arc, but he has never been given this Ability.

here are some examples for when he made Preperations for Certain opponents or Situations.

If more examples are needed i am willing to Add them but i believe this should be enough for the Addition.
Will also make one for Mayuri in the coming days.

Last edited:
Huh, that's really funny, they're both listed under the Preparation page but lack the ability. Yeah, I agree and might as well give to Mayuri while we're at it.

It’s stated both Urahara and Mayuri could defeat Res Hikone with prep.
Which Hikone scales to Aizen and Ichigo I see.
Do we add β€œ[insert tier] with prep” on profiles?
The only reason why I don't support giving them a tier for this, is because with Urahara at least, we're shown that his preparation for the most part normally leads to either getting the right people for the job (Grimmjow and Nellie, Ichigo, Yorichi, Issihin) or developing some type of hax (such as the new Kido he made to seal Aizen). When it comes to Mayuri, he also normally develops counters and such to opponents' techniques or abilities (remodeling his outfit so it didn't create shadows, creating the nerve agent to use against Perinada, etc). The only instance that comes to mind of either of them developing something that directly related to power was the Anti-Hierro Armor Urahara made and from how Aizen spoke of it, the armor itself was for more defense than it was offense (though that's more my inference than a hard fact so I wouldn't consider it a particularly strong point of mines).

The only reason why I don't support giving them a tier for this, is because with Urahara at least, we're shown that his preparation for the most part normally leads to either getting the right people for the job (Grimmjow and Nellie, Ichigo, Yorichi, Issihin) or developing some type of hax (such as the new Kido he made to seal Aizen). When it comes to Mayuri, he also normally develops counters and such to opponents' techniques or abilities (remodeling his outfit so it didn't create shadows, creating the nerve agent to use against Perinada, etc). The only instance that comes to mind of either of them developing something that directly related to power was the Anti-Hierro Armor Urahara made and from how Aizen spoke of it, the armor itself was for more defense than it was offense (though that's more my inference than a hard fact so I wouldn't consider it a particularly strong point of mines).
Yeah both have the means but, creating something that gived more power would involve Souls which Urahara doesnt want to do, he did create the Hogyoku if you want to count that. Urahara did create Spells capable of Affecting Aizen like shutting of His Reaitsu vents, modified version of Hado 4 which pierced Aizen and made one that seals him.
Mayuri is centered around countering his opponents abilities and in the novels he created more things such as:

Quantum Technology.

β€’He made a Satellit far more advanced that the Humans have.

β€’he replicated the Quincy Shadow ability.

β€’He made Physical Holographic Clones of Himself. idk

They bith have the means of creating things that will give them more power, like Mayuri created the Reiatsu amplfying maschine, but he could make a smaller one for example.
They can Match Res Hikone through Their Inventions but not on Physical strength.

No no I’m not proposing anything at the moment, I’m just asking if we give β€œwith prep” ratings. Mayuri and Kisuke’s β€œwith prep” ratings, if they did become a thing would need a more carefully thought out CRT.

I think for now, no.
But if you think there's more potential there for them to be able to get a separate rating, then I won't fully close that door.

Nope. Neither ever have an interaction with either thanks to their prep that would allow them to scale.
Pretty much Urahara has knowledge of Ichigo power. I don't see why not. Mayuri maintenance Aizen in SS he even made that chair. I think it's good to put Planetary with prep time

Yeah both have the means but, creating something that gived more power would involve Souls which Urahara doesnt want to do, he did create the Hogyoku if you want to count that. Urahara did create Spells capable of Affecting Aizen like shutting of His Reaitsu vents, modified version of Hado 4 which pierced Aizen and made one that seals him.
Mayuri is centered around countering his opponents abilities and in the novels he created more things such as:

Quantum Technology.

β€’He made a Satellit far more advanced that the Humans have.

β€’he replicated the Quincy Shadow ability.

β€’He made Physical Holographic Clones of Himself. idk

They bith have the means of creating things that will give them more power, like Mayuri created the Reiatsu amplfying maschine, but he could make a smaller one for example.
They can Match Res Hikone through Their Inventions but not on Physical strength.
Mayuri also made a clone which doesn't have past to counter Tsukishima

No no I’m not proposing anything at the moment, I’m just asking if we give β€œwith prep” ratings. Mayuri and Kisuke’s β€œwith prep” ratings, if they did become a thing would need a more carefully thought out CRT.
Pretty sure we do. If we don't then we definitely should.

Planetary ( with prep time) so yeah. I mean i have saw some profiles with these things why not.
That statement sounds incredibly vague though, what if it's via some sort of durability negation, or a hax that wouldn't scale to AP? A case could be made for Mayuri because he adapts to his opponent (one of the reasons why i love the thematic nature of him v Pernida), but Urahara isn't really that type of strategist.

That statement sounds incredibly vague though, what if it's via some sort of durability negation, or a hax that wouldn't scale to AP? A case could be made for Mayuri because he adapts to his opponent (one of the reasons why i love the thematic nature of him v Pernida), but Urahara isn't really that type of strategist.
Hax would still scale to AP. It's doesn't scale to durability that's all. Also what's vague?. It's literally narrative Kisuke and Mayuri being Hikone level with prep time

Hax would still scale to AP.
Isn't that dependent on the hax? Like durab negation wouldnt scale in AP, and so i assumed other stuff wouldnt aswell.
It's literally narrative Kisuke and Mayuri being Hikone level with prep time
Yeah, but by what means? That's the question im asking. Can we really go to vs threads and pit a planetary character or multi con-c against Kisuke and act like Kisuke has a chance because "prep time" that sounds like an unfair scenario for his opponents as we literally have 0 clue how he'd counteract theire ability and if he even beat Hikone via AP based hax etc, and that this would even be reproducible against other fighters that aren't Hikone.

Last edited:
Isn't that dependent on the hax? Like durab negation wouldnt scale in AP, and so i assumed other stuff wouldnt aswell.

Yeah, but by what means? That's the question im asking. Can we really go to vs threads and pit a planetary character or multi con-c against Kisuke and act like Kisuke has a chance because "prep time" that sounds like an unfair scenario for his opponents as we literally have 0 clue how he'd counteract theire ability and if he even beat Hikone via AP based hax etc, and that this would even be reproducible against other fighters that aren't Hikone.
Well for Urahara and Mayuri it is said that they can match Hikone but not in terms of Physical capability.
So for Mayuri with Prep would have Dura Negation since he mostly deals with Poison
Urahara is more of a mixed bag so idk.

I don't wanna bring other verses but Kaguya ETSO doesn't scale to her but she still has star level AP for example
Also it doesn't matter as Kisuke can still create another hogyoku for example

Also it doesn't matter as Kisuke can still create another hogyoku for example
does tend to be a tad bit out of character thing? I ask cause Urahara never attempted to create a hog prior to his first one and after being banished he still didn't try creating another so I feel like arguing "he'd create a hog with prep" seems a bit far fetched.

Well something I've always wonder is the spiritual ee for quincies, I remember Mayuri blatantly stating they can erase souls. Why do quincies not have spiritual ee?

0480-006.png

0480-009.png

Ok Ive checked the pages, soul manipulation for erasing souls.
Why? should be ee and soul manipulation. small detail ig but still it should be more accurate

does tend to be a tad bit out of character thing? I ask cause Urahara never attempted to create a hog prior to his first one and after being banished he still didn't try creating another so I feel like arguing "he'd create a hog with prep" seems a bit far fetched.
Yeah Arc is right, Giving a Tier for their Prep can be discussed at another Time if there is sufficient info at all to make such Crt.
Anyway i believe i need 1 more mod to approve and it can be added on their Profile.
Y’all derailing
Let's talk about this in new CRT then

Ok Ive checked the pages, soul manipulation for erasing souls.
Why? should be ee and soul manipulation. small detail ig but still it should be more accurate
It's stated they erase souls because they want to or something. I believe if they don't want erase souls then they can just kill them or something.

Anyway they uses Blut to manipulate their own soul and they can use it to rip off other souls. So no problem them getting soul manipulation.

Back