• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake vs Goku (Blake fights her step-brother but its a different version of him)

her Aura works as a health bar meaning she can take 70 attacks that are 20.80 tons of tnt

Also she is comparably in skill to her step brother Bann (Kakarot) and has been using ki (even if it's basic level) for years in the White Fang against robots and people too, if he flies away Blake can use her weapon to drag him down to fight him or shoot ki blasts at him

Also Blake has lightning shots that has some aoe, ice dust that also has some aoe

She can fight alongside and train with her step-brother; Bann Belladonna, who knows all martial arts like Grandpa Gohan in Dragon Ball did

Her skill when it comes to combat and the usage of ki allows her to replicate other ki-based techniques after seeing them once. She can fight alongside and train with her step-brother; Bann Belladonna, who knows all martial arts like Grandpa Gohan in Dragon Ball did

Blake in cannon, when she's in her second outfit can do this

In cannon she can do this, so imagine her growing up with a au version of Goku for a brother and having years of using ki manipulation under her belt and being skilled as gramp Gohan basically

Banns skill (Blake skill scales to him)

Beacon arc:

Fought alongside his sister Blake and Adam for years
Trained his whole life to the point he is naive outside of anything to do with combat and knows all martial arts
Got into beacon without going to a combat school and without a weapon other then his hands, kicks and ki attacks
mimicked pennys beam with ki and made the Kamehameha just after seeing her use her beam once
he taught team JNPR how to use ki during their break
Fought on par with phyrra in the food fight with his hand to hand skills
Could tell mercury was holding back against phyrra and questioned why he quit after seeing her semblance
Figured out Cinder (who they only knew as a mystery woman in all black) using the maiden powers to freeze Him, Ruby and piccolo in the CTT was definitely not ki nor dust or even a semblance but didn't know exactly what it was
Made it to the finals of the tournament with piccolo and his team picking him to go to the finals
Hears from velvet that coco also saw something that wasn't there in the match against merc and em alongside ruby, making Bann wonder if mercury has a ability to make people see things
Bann holds off mercury with orange amp (his semblance that gives him a 4x boost in power) and predicts some of his moves despite the massive speed difference but is forced to run away as he still was being overwhelmed

Mistrial arc:
Knew how to fight with his new gun Sword By copying how his sister fought with her weapon
Tried to help Ruby fight Tyrain, but Tyrain was too strong and fast for him but he did dodge some of his hits via predicting them like he did with mercury
Ozpin saw bann as a good person for helping Ruby and Oscar to learn hand to hand combat better while he isn't controlling Oscar

More for skill
At the bottom of the skill chain is aura users as a whole. While every living being in RWBY technically has Aura, actually being able to utilize it for things such as defense, regen, and senses requires years of training and a high enough degree of martial skill (and yes you actually need martial skill for it) that only a small percentage of the population of the entire planet ever become skilled enough to utilize their aura. Of that small percentage, an even smaller percentage ever become skilled enough to manifest/control a Semblance (yes semblances are also skill-based). To reach this small percentage comes to the second half of the bottom of the chain: Almost every character worth their salt in RWBY has spent their entire life training in combat and can fight hordes of Grimm with little issue (Almost because Jaune exists). The entirety of the main cast of RWBY was initially enrolled at Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat schools in the world, with almost everyone who was accepted there having been trained for almost their entire life to fight monsters, and each one that was not professionally trained requiring a skill display overseen by Ozpin, who has the composite skill of several thousand professional huntsmen that he accumulated over his immortal lifetime and has trained with Kami and is more skilled than end of og Dragon Ball Goku

Thats the baseline for skill in the verse.

Moving up the chain we have Nebula Violette, who not only outmatched Velvet in a 1v1 test of martial arts skill, but was directly stated to be more skilled than Velvet in combat despite Velvet mixing numerous fighting styles to try to throw her off in their fight.

Above her is Pyrrha Nikos, the skill god of the Beacon Arc. Pyrrha is one of the most skilled students at Beacon Academy, having won every combat tournament she has entered since she was a pre-teen due to both her mastery of combat and mastery of her semblance, being able to apply it in combat completely undetected and having done so in almost every fight she's been in for over a decade, doing so with such skill and precision that she has lead many to believe she is untouchable and invincible as no one has been able to even land a blow on her in her combat career. Even without her semblance she has shown the ability to quickly and easily adapt to her combat situation and analyze her opponents while fighting and changing tactics to suit the situation she is in. She has shown extreme accuracy, being able to hit moving targets from hundreds of meters away and strike vital weak points on an opponent mid-combat both with and without the aid of her semblance. She is also highly skilled at using her weapon's multiple forms in combat, being able to switch between forms several times in rapid succession to both deliver rapid attacks and counter others simultaneously. Blake fought evenly with Phyrra in Beacon

Blake then trained more after this, so she clearly became more skilled

Uhm. I don’t know how to judge this one since this is working on AU logic (is this referencing a fanfic of some sort, or…?) so do know I’m not going to be nearly as thorough as usual. Okay.

Goku should have the skill edge other his step sister, and while Blake has experience fighting him (presumably), Post Korin has analytical prediction. Furthermore, the same trick doesn’t work on him twice, nor do the same martial arts, so I have to presume that he’s got a better “experience fighting this person,” edge than her. (Especially since he auto learned how to use his weapon via copying and adapting her entire skill set with her weapon to his own.) I didn’t see any mention of Dust, so I assume it’s still Blake Exclusive in this AU, and thus she has versatility over the kid—Especially when combined with her semblance. Since she can use Ki as well as Aura, (and I saw no mention of Goku using it), Goku’s also at a defensive disadvantage, since she can layer them and he can’t. And the KHH isn’t gonna do much thanks to that and her clones. So, I have to presume, this is a Blake victory?

Uhm. I don’t know how to judge this one since this is working on AU logic (is this referencing a fanfic of some sort, or…?) so do know I’m not going to be nearly as thorough as usual. Okay.

Goku should have the skill edge other his step sister, and while Blake has experience fighting him (presumably), Post Korin has analytical prediction. Furthermore, the same trick doesn’t work on him twice, nor do the same martial arts, so I have to presume that he’s got a better “experience fighting this person,” edge than her. (Especially since he auto learned how to use his weapon via copying and adapting her entire skill set with her weapon to his own.) I didn’t see any mention of Dust, so I assume it’s still Blake Exclusive in this AU, and thus she has versatility over the kid—Especially when combined with her semblance. Since she can use Ki as well as Aura, (and I saw no mention of Goku using it), Goku’s also at a defensive disadvantage, since she can layer them and he can’t. And the KHH isn’t gonna do much thanks to that and her clones. So, I have to presume, this is a Blake victory?
It's cannon Goku vs Blake from Dragon Ball RWBY

Goku has the skill edge, while Blake basically makes up for it it with Aura, semblance, dust

Goku resists ice, electricity, and heat and Blake only has a .06x LS advantage so gravity dust may just not work if Goku pushes back with the power pole. And since he has the skill/range advantage, he should be able to handle Blake’s clones and aura. I’m leaning Goku

Okay so goku has Limited Resistance to Heat Manipulation (Survived Pilaf gang's flamethrower attack, withstood a point-blank jet engine thrust from General Blue's jet and Red Ribbon Army's weapons)

So maybe he'd get harmed by fire dust shots blowing up when they hit him

Also Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (Survived Pirate Robot electric attack underwater), idk if this is the same as literally lightning dust, that's well lightning

er bump

BTW Blake has been using Ki for literally years (even if it's basic level), should point that out

Bump

Also good question, can goku land 182 hits to break her Aura?

Although Blake using her semblance also drains her Aura, and goku does have damage boost to help him

Blake knows of the power pole given her brother (her universes goku) also has it, so she could dodge it and use her semblance to her advantage too
Yeah but that takes her aura and Goku has the skill edge so should be able to catch her able an initial dodge. It also seems like Blake will have a hard time pressing her AP advantage.

She could get into cqc rage eventually though
She could but Goku can press his skill and take any hits she does land. Goku has Analytical Prediction and Afterimage Creation. He can also boost his output with Ki, breaking her aura easier. I think Goku’s skill/range and resistances to the stuff Blake has he doesn’t should net him the win. I’ll vote him

Back