• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blade (Marvel Comics) vs Edward Cullen (Twilight)

You're in for it tonight, folks! It's a battle of a Dhampir and a Vampire! In the red corner, we have Film Series Blade, and in the blue corner, we have Edward Cullen from Twilight! For this battle, the Standard Battle Assumptions are in place! Movie Edward is being used for this battle.

Fighter Profiles:

Blade (Film Series): 6 (SamanPatou, WarriorofMite, Ryuga21, Popted2, Waka1979, Galactic_Astronaut)

Edward: 1 (The_Impress)

Fight Location: New York City, Central Park

Last edited:
Comics Blade stomps in a stats unequalized fight, so change it to film Blade. Also, film Blade and Edward are close enough in AP and general abilities to fight in a match without stats being equalized

Also equalizing stats aside from speed isn't allowed in vs threads that aren't put in the fun and games board

Blade should win whether stats are equal or not. Blade is trained in hunting and killing vampires on the daily. Edward doesn't have the same kind of combat training, skills, and weapons that Blade does. Comic and Movie Blade beat him.

Comics Blade stomps in a stats unequalized fight, so change it to film Blade. Also, film Blade and Edward are close enough in AP and general abilities to fight in a match without stats being equalized

Also equalizing stats aside from speed isn't allowed in vs threads that aren't put in the fun and games board
Understood. I'll change it to Film Series Blade.

Alright so Edward's weakness and Blade's equipment don't align, so the latter's gonna have a lot of difficulty winning. Now the profiles are both more than a little barebones and likely outdated, but from what I know of the characters Blade does outskill a fair bit, and he also has guns... but he might just not be able to kill him.

They are quite similar in stats, but Blade has weapons, experience and some other stuff like sense and is immune to his bite, I think.

How fast does Edward regenerate? Because cutting him down shouldn't be a problem, burning the pieces is (and Blade doesn't know it), but once he sees him re-attaching the pieces he may cut them more or separate them and stuff like that.

Overall, I vote Blade.

Count me as a vote for Blade as well for my reasoning above in post #3.

Blade's equipment also says "etc". Does this mean everything he had through Blade 1-3? If so, EDTA would also be an auto-win for him.

I want someone to address the Regeneration point, that seems like the match decider before voting matters

I want someone to address the Regeneration point, that seems like the match decider before voting matters
If I remember correctly, the Standard Battle Assumptions means the characters involved get every piece of equipment they've used over the course of their series. Unless I'm wrong, that means Blade would have access to EDTA, which would cause Edward to explode, and thus, be incapable of regenerating from such a severe level of damage. He might not be killed by it, but he'd definitely be incapacitated permanently.

"This is EDTA. It's an anticoagulant. We use it to treat blood clots. Look what happens when I introduce it onto a sample of vampire blood. The reaction's energetic."

EDTA is a specific weakness to Blade movies vampires, who are very different to Twilight vampires.
Twilight vampires would be incapped for a long time (at least if there is no external help) by being torn to pieces, but the pieces of their body have the capability to move and eventually reattach themselves. So to kill them the torn pieces needs to get burned.

Q: Is it possible that a human could kill a vampire?
A: Er, not really. A big enough bomb would probably be hot enough to burn a vampire, but the vampire would have to agree to hold still and let it hit him.

"How can you kill a vampire?" Bella's voice was a whisper. I could still hear the sound of suppressed tears in it.
I should have anticipated the question.
She stared up at me with a different kind of fear than before, almost as though she was concerned the task would fall to her. Of course, I could never be sure with Bella.
I made no attempt to soften the realities. "The only way to be sure is to tear him to shreds, and then burn the pieces."

I shrugged and then yanked my left t-shirt sleeve up to my shoulder so he could see the thin, ragged line that circled my arm. "Got this ripped off once," I admitted. "―Got it back before Jen could toast it. Riley showed me how to put it back on."
Diego smiled wryly and touched his right knee with one finger. His dark jeans covered the scar that must have been there. "It happens to everybody."

“So take the blonde out first. Your kind can be put back together, right? Turn her into a jigsaw and take care of Bella.”

“Or so they thought. Yaha Uta laid the reeking remains out to be examined by the elders. One severed hand lay beside a piece of the creature’s granite arm. The two pieces touched when the elders poked them with sticks, and the hand reached out towards the arm piece, trying to reassemble itself."

Blade's equipment would be detrimental, since Edward isn't weak against them and won't get dusted by being poked.
Edward has combat-applicable mind reading (If someone actually cares about Twilight enough to make a CRT, Precognition would be added to Edward) which is why he is considered the most dangerous fighter in his family. He'll likely know about Blade's inferior immortality and plan on injuring him with his teeth/nails to weaken him.

The problem is whether he can cut Edward to pieces without great effort, since Edward doesn't have weakness against silver. Twilight vampire skins are considered impenetrable to most weapons, and silver as a material is easy to deform compared to iron or steel.
There is also the issue of whether Blade would be able to get through Edward knowing about his moves before he makes them.

"This is EDTA. It's an anticoagulant. We use it to treat blood clots. Look what happens when I introduce it onto a sample of vampire blood. The reaction's energetic."

EDTA is a specific weakness to Blade movies vampires, who are very different to Twilight vampires.
Twilight vampires would be incapped for a long time (at least if there is no external help) by being torn to pieces, but the pieces of their body have the capability to move and eventually reattach themselves. So to kill them the torn pieces needs to get burned.
How so? The doctor explains that it's just an anticoagulant. Which keeps blood from clotting properly. The only requirement it seems to have is that the victim have blood and be vampire. Edward has both. Seems like he qualifies to be exploded. When Blade fought Frost/La Magra and injected him with it, he completely exploded. This is after Frost showed the ability to regenerate lost limbs without to much difficulty. That kind of trauma would be a win for Blade anyways. Even if, and that's a big if, it didn't kill Edward, it would take so long for him to maybe reattach his body that it would be considered a win for Blade. If all else fails, Blade did show in the first movie he carries some form of fire on him when he lit up "Mr. Crispy" and left him to die after the events in the vampire blood party that human guy went to. Blade has the tools to kill him.

Blade's equipment would be detrimental, since Edward isn't weak against them and won't get dusted by being poked.
Edward has combat-applicable mind reading (If someone actually cares about Twilight enough to make a CRT, Precognition would be added to Edward) which is why he is considered the most dangerous fighter in his family. He'll likely know about Blade's inferior immortality and plan on injuring him with his teeth/nails to weaken him.
Blade outskills in hand to hand and weapons by a large margin. Edward would be hard pressed to land any hits of meaning. His equips give a huge advantage in range and damage. Versus Edwards standard hands/nails. Since Edward's Precog is not listed on his profile it can't be used here.

How so? The doctor explains that it's just an anticoagulant. Which keeps blood from clotting properly. The only requirement it seems to have is that the victim have blood and be vampire. Edward has both. Seems like he qualifies to be exploded. When Blade fought Frost/La Magra and injected him with it, he completely exploded. This is after Frost showed the ability to regenerate lost limbs without to much difficulty. That kind of trauma would be a win for Blade anyways. Even if, and that's a big if, it didn't kill Edward, it would take so long for him to maybe reattach his body that it would be considered a win for Blade. If all else fails, Blade did show in the first movie he carries some form of fire on him when he lit up "Mr. Crispy" and left him to die after the events in the vampire blood party that human guy went to. Blade has the tools to kill him.
Because the anticoagulant is not harmful to humans, but it makes the blood of Blade vampires explode. It is like saying that since Blade vampires are allergic to garlic/silver, we should start with the assumption that Twilight vampires are allergic to garlic/silver, because they are both 'vampires'.

From the script, the fire was by shoving a white phosphorus grenade in Quinn's mouth. Though it is not certain that Blade would have it (since his equipment change with every mission), and if he did then Edward would know about it via. mind reading, and make it a priority to dodge if it was to be used.

Blade outskills in hand to hand and weapons by a large margin. Edward would be hard pressed to land any hits of meaning. His equips give a huge advantage in range and damage. Versus Edwards standard hands/nails. Since Edward's Precog is not listed on his profile it can't be used here.
It is still not addressed how the vast majority of weapons (both ranged and melee) would be useless, due to Twilight vampire skin and the lack of weakness against silver. This can surprise Blade and allow Edward to land an injury to slow down Blade.
Mind Reading is still good enough to know about Blade's overall strategy and work around it.

Honestly Edward FRA

Most of the things Blade will try to defeat Edward seems like they'll be used far too late, and so Edward has a far longer opportunity to defeat him.

Also I mean if the core mechanic is listed, that's all you need. He doesn't have to have precog listed. It'd be nice, but otherwise it'll do.

Last edited:
Votes have been updated to reflect present statistics.

@ShadowWhoWalks, Edward is only rated as a 9-B+ within the system. By all means, anyone who can breach that level of durability would harm a vampire unless it's going to be implied that a vampire is far more durable than what we know, and that vampires have some kind of ability that lets them bypass the durability of others. As for the idea of "surprising" Blade, that wouldn't work given his training in the art of hunting the supernatural, which would include vampires, presumably among a wide variety of other creatures, like werewolves.

@Yakushimi Blade's 9-B+ is from physical brawling. I don't recall his weapons being enhanced beyond normal; only that they are usually made from silver which Blade vampires are allergic to (to the point where most of them start turning to ash when pierced by it).
Weapons technologically older than a century can't pierce Twilight vampires skin or harm them, this would include steel swords and knives. Even bullets are considered comparable to flies and are unable to dent their bodies or pierce their skin.

If Blade treats Edward like a regular vampire and he relies on his equipment, I don't see why he wouldn't get surprised.

Blade's sword is specified to be made out of a titanium alloy with an acid etching. His bullets are what are typically made of metal and then cast in silver, and they're filed to hollow points.

Another potential factor in this is intellect, since Edward seemingly only has average intelligence, whereas Blade's intelligence would likely be above average due to his experience. That, and Blade has some rather beefy durability feats, such as tanking a body slam from Drake and surviving being kicked through steel. I don't see Edward being able to do much to Blade physically, unless his AP is higher than kicking something through steel.

Unlike with Twilight vampires, Blade suffers from being more vulnerable to piercing attacks and sharp weapons. Twilight vampires completely no-sell and show no reaction when hit by bullets and knives/swords.

Blunt damage-wise, Blade scales higher.
Blade scales to the crater Dracula smashing him to the ground created. Which is: 0.00445 Tons of TNT
Edward scales to an arm wrestling match, where force superior to even a cement truck going sixty miles per hour was exerted. Which is: 0.00257 Tons of TNT

Though Edward would be able to damage via. his nails and his teeth. His teeth scales above his durability (one of the few things that can pierce Twilight vampire skin, which it does easily) and injects venom, so it would be his best weapon.
Edward would also have more endurance, since he has no physical needs, doesn't get tired or sleep, and his physiology is closer to granite that is selectively porous toward blood.

If that's the case, then why doesn't Edward have "Limitless" or "Infinite"as his Stamina on his profile? It's only "Superhuman,"which is the same case with Blade's Stamina, but Edward doesn't have any Stamina feats, while Blade does.

Back