• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlackStar Speed Calculation Problems

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
It has come to my attention that this calculation that pegs many of Soul Eater EoS characters at FTL is inflated.

The calculation does not take perspective into consideration, as the laser that BlackStar moves in-tandem moves into the page, as seen below.

OSQUvOM.png

This would in turn lower the results of the calculation, as shown in this calculation of mine.

With all this said, I also have the last doubt on how to calculate the distance BlackStar moved in-tandem with the laser. Is the method of doing this in the OG calculation okay? Or is there better alternatives?

Discussion is welcome.

Last edited:
A second issue... I don't think that FTL calc was ever accept and was just put on the page.
Accepted as in a revision thread. Not accepted as in the numbers.

Does Soul Eater have any other feats that even come close to this one? It's been a long while since I've read the series but this seems heavily like an outlier.

I kinda agree that the calc seems inflated though but I can't tell if your own calc is correct, but it's the safest choice for sure.

I don’t think Necessarily
no other feats of that level = outlier.
(Especially since this is like. Near the end of the series IIRC.) more like “do they routinely get tagged by slower projectiles.”

Does Soul Eater have any other feats that even come close to this one? It's been a long while since I've read the series but this seems heavily like an outlier.
I mean, the fact that there is that whole Light Refraction technique thing possibly opens the door to Light timing SE.

And when something is possible within a given context/story (meaning it doesn't break it in any capacity), I don't believe it is sensible to call it an outlier IMO.
A second issue... I don't think that FTL calc was ever accept and was just put on the page.
Accepted as in a revision thread. Not accepted as in the numbers.
Huh. I could've sworn it got added after a CRT was made. Maybe it was made during the forum move...? I don't remember to be frank.

In any case, you usually have to create a CRT for accepted calcs that change the stats of many verses. Which if assuming it wasn't like you said... then... Yikes.

If it's largely inconsistent in comparison with the rest of the series, it will be an outlier. Even if the feat itself alone is legit.
The question is if it makes sense that they increase their speed so much that they jump from High Hypersonic to FTL/Relativistic in the end, and if there are any anti-feats present that disputes such huge amount of speed increase.

But anyways, I'm not gonna argue that it is an outlier, since I would need to refresh my memory by reading the series again or viewing an RT (which I unfortunately don't have time to) but I'm just pointing this out for you guys to find out lol

Well, congrats for being promoted btw Migue79. I think you should probably convert your calc into a blog in the wiki so that your fellow calc group can comment on it. I'm leaning on agree with the low-end.

If it's largely inconsistent in comparison with the rest of the series, it will be an outlier. Even if the feat itself alone is legit.
The question is if it makes sense that they increase their speed so much that they jump from High Hypersonic to FTL/Relativistic in the end, and if there are any anti-feats present that disputes such huge amount of speed increase
I disagree that making huge jumps in tiering is a reason for it to be called an outlier. Bigger jumps have been made within other series after all. And when I say it's possible for such a thing to exist, and it doesn't break I mean that there are no contradictions via glaring anti-feats like you've mentioned. For example, if you have A dodge a beam of light that is actually lightspeed, and then B that is stated and portrayed to be faster than A dodges lightning and it is made out to be a big deal and such, then it's impossible for A to be lightspeed in any capacity (meaning that A dodging the laser is an outlier). This is what I sooooort of meant by the line "And when something is possible within a given context/story (meaning it doesn't break it in any capacity), I don't believe it is sensible to call it an outlier IMO".

In the case of SE, I doooo recall other Meisters reacting to the same lasers at different points from what I've been told by friends who've worked on the DEATH BATTLE! G1 Blog of Venom vs. Crona.

Thanks. I'll post the calc in a blog after I come back from going out lol

I disagree that making huge jumps in tiering is a reason for it to be called an outlier.
I didn't say that.
I said it needs to be questioned whether or not the jump in speed levels makes sense, within the in-universe reason of Soul Eater. Jumping from Mach 25-50 into Mach 874030 is an extremely high jump in speed. What I'm saying is if the context in-universe justifies such jump.\

If it's justified in-universe and there are no inconsistencies, then it is what it is.
Bigger jumps have been made within other series after all.
This is not the point I'm making, but regardless, that doesn't justify Soul Eater's since they can have entirely different context in their speed jumps. Rather, we should try to justify it based on Soul Eater and how such jump happened.

It's also kinda weird that the High Hypersonic calc of SE doesn't have any other comments from calc group. The series kinda need more attention.

Which one was it?

Also, this got evaluated. New end is Relativistic.

I kinda agree that the calc seems inflated though but I can't tell if your own calc is correct, but it's the safest choice for sure.
I know I'm late but, disagree with the possibility of it being an outlier. I can understand where the concern comes from but as Cyber already mentioned, multiple characters can react to those lasers. Not only that, but there are other feats in SE that would make this jump not so out there
Guy shot a sniper bullet all the way to the moon. While we can't use IRL Earth-Moon distance since the SE moon is much smaller than ours, we can try to calculate how far it can be. I have an idea that I'll share later
As for people scaling
Mifune reacts to the same bullet

Back