• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Manta attempts magnicide

I remember Aquamans command over fish being strengthened, but not his physicality.

Also, Ocean Master won in the water, but lost on land, where he lost his advantage

Schnee One said:
Also, Ocean Master won in the water, but lost on land, where he lost his advantage
Aquaman was with the Trident of Atlan when he defeated Orm. And he was obviously physically enhanced with it.

Where the evidence he was physically ehnhanced?

He also defeated Irm by going on land.

Schnee One said:
Where the evidence he was physically ehnhanced?
He broke Orm's trident and was completely unharmed by the former's attacks, while he lost before. Obvious enhancement is obvious.

He lost because he was in the water, Green Goblinneven mentions fighting in the sea is not the same as land and it's why Mera told Arthur to fight on the surface.

Also, destroying the trident is a showing of Aquaman getting the drop and slicing it clean in the middle, which isn't wholly strength based

Otherwise, both of their tridents would have been destroyed instantly the moment they clashed on their first battle.

Schnee One said:
He lost because he was in the water, Green Goblinneven mentions fighting in the sea is not the same as land and it's why Mera told Arthur to fight on the surface.
I don't remember that. But well, I suppose Orm wins anyway.

I literally just watched this movie lol.

It should be noted that Aquaman put up a decent fight against Ocean Master in their first fight. Yet even after Aquaman got the Trident and fought on land, Ocean Master still put up a decent fight against Aquaman. Now Black Manta thanks to the Atlantian tech, could do damage to Aquaman and take his blows. This fight is obviously going to take place on land, otherwise it would be unfair for Black Manta. However there also should be a body of water for Ocean Master.

Honestly I think it's inconclusive. Black Manta can do series damage with his eye beams and has flight but I pretty sure Ocean Master has more skill in combat and if he gets Manta in the water he's going to win for sure. Anything can happen in my opinion but that's just how I see it. If we make the battle arena half land, half water.

I can honestly see Black Manta optic blasting Orm away while the latter makes the Goofy scream.

Battle takes place on Central Park.

I was initially gonna go for Orm, 'cause even Arthur without a Trident beat him, but I forgot to take into account Manta's range advantage. He had a big personal beef with Aquaman, so you could say he avoided doing the smart thing of just blasting him because he wanted to stab him up close, which was what ultimately cost him the fight. If he just sticks with his ranged beam attacks, he might win.

Gonna go for inconclusive.

i watched the movie and i vaguely remember this plotline that only certain atlantians can survive on land, hence why one character resorted to putting his head in a toilet once his suit that contained water broke

doesn't orm not have the ability to live on land?

okay then,

orm is above aquaman without trident and has armor and weapons made of the same substance as mantas suit so he could inflict serious damage even on land and it has been shown that aquaman can take eye blasts even without armor so orm who is above aquaman with armor should definately be able to take some blasts and if manta decides to go in close then orm will definately overwelm him in all categories

i will wait for more input before deciding though since it can be inconclusive or orm

how does manta start off with in all of his fights in the movie? does he use his weapons to go long distance or does he like to get upclose and personal? also is he cocky and like to taunt or does he get straight to buisiness?

Back