• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Adam vs General Zod. (GRACE)

I need scans were shazam/captain marvel is stated to be more powerful than Superman plus I remember Superman stomping Adam easily in post crisis and Superman even stomping him in rebirth casually even via clapping his hands.

But yeah I believe Adam should be more powerful than Zod even from their battles with Superman he seemed more promising than Zod plus I don't remember much on Zod in post crisps just rebirth were he showed appearances during the winter arc.

Yeah from the impression I got Supes people are usually stronger than Shazam people. Admittedly I've mostly read PFP so it might be different

Anything JL since post crisis they always depend on him and see him as the big blue or main man especially during crisis events and even the flashes and lanterns see him that way just in rebirth its just numerously stated to be wally in the recent issue about that godly spear that's unworthy mister miracle called wally the most dangerous person in the universe and he could possibly be more powerful than superman or threat as I don't remember this part well as he could destroy the universe anytime he feels like it.

But yeah overall superman in pre,post and possibly new 52 his seen as most powerful JL character but I believe new 52 should be hal jordan.

I mean, "power" =/= AP. Flash I assume is the most dangerous cause speed + hax, not sheer strength.

For what it matters in N52 Frankenstein can keep up with a bloodlusted Shazam while he gets smacked around by Superman, I know that by working off a profile, obviously it's a single instance of a different canon so it doesnt mean anything for the match

Last edited:
Black Adam>>>Captain marvel

Black Adam also seems to be stronger than superman here

and no sold one of his attacks

Amazo casually took a hit from superman

From black adam though, not so much.

https://i.imgur.com/zHsmqlE.jpg

Captain marvel>superman

https://imgur.com/a/gCzuK

https://imgur.com/a/LKVqb

https://imgur.com/a/ZVDlT (sure, he mentions magic, but this is just as relevant here)

https://imgur.com/a/fl41G (he was only slightly inferior to superman despite only using a third of his power)

https://imgur.com/a/4Hmia (again, magic, but still relevant)

Anything JL since post crisis they always depend on him and see him as the big blue or main man especially during crisis events and even the flashes and lanterns see him that way just in rebirth its just numerously stated to be wally in the recent issue about that godly spear that's unworthy mister miracle called wally the most dangerous person in the universe and he could possibly be more powerful than superman or threat as I don't remember this part well as he could destroy the universe anytime he feels like it.

But yeah overall superman in pre,post and possibly new 52 his seen as most powerful JL character but I believe new 52 should be hal jordan.
it's a very show, don't tell-like situation. No matter how many times someone says that superman is the most powerful man on earth, he just doesn't seem to win against black adam, captain marvel, captain atom and martian manhunter (the only exception being one comic where the JL is heavily implied to hold back, and while sundipped), not just by being more powerful at least. Wally also has a very explicit feat of one shotting a superman tier durability in Zum, and when writers want wonder woman or aquaman to be stronger than superman, they actually show it. On another note terrific is the one who called wally stronger than superman, right after wally solo'd half of the villains in america.

Black Adam>>>Captain marvel
They first 1 seems to show captain marvels powers being split with his siblings.
The second scans is from different comics ajd they are shown to be on part with each other.

Black Adam also seems to be stronger than superman here
Adama seemed to overpower him at first then later shows they are on par with each other plus superman always holds back everytime.

and no sold one of his attacks
No he didn't we definitely see him scream out in pain.

Amazo casually took a hit from superman
Of course he would and still superman always holds back plus we saw why he defeated superman despite superman overpowering him.
From black adam though, not so much.
Different comics not a point at all except its consistently shown that way.
Captain marvel>superman
That's eclipso fighting not superman abd superman still holds back evej subconsciously according to Batman even when not in his straight mind.
(sure, he mentions magic, but this is just as relevant here)
Superman no selled the first punch and tanked the second plus shazam stated he got lucky cause his vulnerable to magic so this isn't a point at all.
(he was only slightly inferior to superman despite only using a third of his power)
Seems when they transformed he got stomped immediately plus isn't this pre crisis?
And this is a case of lifting strength.
again, magic, but still relevant)
I've read it and again it's eclipso fighting with superman's body and isn't revevant as we don't use weaknesses to scale characters above one another.

it's a very show, don't tell-like situation. No matter how many times someone says that superman is the most powerful man on earth, he just doesn't seem to win against black adam, captain marvel, captain atom and martian manhunter (the only exception being one comic where the JL is heavily implied to hold back, and while sundipped), not just by being more powerful at least. Wally also has a very explicit feat of one shotting a superman tier durability in Zum, and when writers want wonder woman or aquaman to be stronger than superman, they actually show it. On another note terrific is the one who called wally stronger than superman, right after wally solo'd half of the villains in america.
Can you show me atleast 5 different books were Adam legit clapped superman and won and same with shazam and captain atom and martian manhunter. Superman always holds back even when not sundipping.
Yeah that's why comics are inconsistent overall superman has more feats above this guys.
Plus I saidim reading mister miracle so I mistook him for mister terrific but yeah it happened in latest issue about the spear of being unworthy and eclipso.

They first 1 seems to show captain marvels powers being split with his siblings.
still a massive stomp, compare that to the superman vs shazam 1/3rd scan.
The second scans is from different comics ajd they are shown to be on part with each other.
page 2 and 3 shows adam overpowering shazam
Adama seemed to overpower him at first then later shows they are on par with each other plus superman always holds back everytime.
not against characters on his level. Plus, wouldn't that mean he hold back against Zod too? And black adam was still overpowering him once he got angry
No he didn't we definitely see him scream out in pain.
and then got back up like it was nothing
Of course he would and still superman always holds back plus we saw why he defeated superman despite superman overpowering him.
again, doesn't matter since this is black adam vs Zod, not bloodlusted superman, and he doesn't hold back against characters on his level
Different comics not a point at all except its consistently shown that way.
I mean find a comic where superman overpowers A.M.A.Z.O that badly.
That's eclipso fighting not superman abd superman still holds back evej subconsciously according to Batman even when not in his straight mind.
that's eclipso in superman's body, with his powers. And this isn't mind control or corruption, it's eclipso controlling the body, there's no superman here.
Superman no selled the first punch and tanked the second plus shazam stated he got lucky cause his vulnerable to magic so this isn't a point at all.
this is black adam vs zod, yes it is. And there's only 2 punches - superman was stunned by one and ko'ed by the other.
Seems when they transformed he got stomped immediately plus isn't this pre crisis?
nah.

And I might be misreading it here, but it looks like they were always transformed to me.
And this is a case of lifting strength.
not irrelevant when comparing 2 characters in the same comics
I've read it and again it's eclipso fighting with superman's body and isn't revevant as we don't use weaknesses to scale characters above one another.
black adam vs zod
Can you show me atleast 5 different books were Adam legit clapped superman and won and same with shazam and captain atom and martian manhunter. Superman always holds back even when not sundipping.
Is there even 5 comics where their fights aren't incon?
Yeah that's why comics are inconsistent overall superman has more feats above this guys.
doesn't matter. The feats of the one who loses end up supporting the one who wins.

still a massive stomp, compare that to the superman vs shazam 1/3rd scan.
Different comics so....
Plus that dealt with lifting strength and immediately they transformed he got stomped.

page 2 and 3 shows adam overpowering shazam
Scans

not against characters on his level. Plus, wouldn't that mean he hold back against Zod too? And black adam
Yeah superman holds back against everyone except doomsday and imperiex and possibly darkseid. Yeah superman holds back against even zod and yes black adam also. Can I see scansof him overpowering an angry superman?

and then got back up like it was nothing
Still not no selling.

again, doesn't matter since this is black adam vs Zod, not bloodlusted superman, and he doesn't hold back against characters on his level
You mentioned superman here and yes superman holds back against characters even above his level.

I mean find a comic where superman overpowers A.M.A.Z.O that badly.
Amazo is always a JL threat and how many times have they gone 1 vs 1? Plus how the **** did you bring Amazo into this debate in the first place.

that's eclipso in superman's body, with his powers. And this isn't mind control or corruption, it's eclipso controlling the body, there's no superman here.
So why mention superman in the first place and I said its eclipso fighting.

this is black adam vs zod, yes it is. And there's only 2 punches - superman was stunned by one and ko'ed by the other.
Even the scan balantly gave the reason why you shouldn't have sent that scan in the first place imo.

nah.

And I might be misreading it here, but it looks like they were always transformed to me.
Superman made a deal with them and I'm sure they obviously know shazam will need all the strength he could get plus shazam go stomped and blamed them for using the power causing it to split. It's the most logical info from the scan you sent.

not irrelevant when comparing 2 characters in the same comics
Defeating a character in lifting strength doesn't equate you scaling above them overall in teiring.

black adam vs zod
You're the one who brought scans of eclipso here.

Is there even 5 comics where their fights aren't incon?
In rebirth adam got stomped I can check for post crisis when I've got time. Plus stop using superman to scale adam. And superman has more impressive feats than adam.

doesn't matter. The feats of the one who loses end up supporting the one who wins.
Due to how inconsistent comics are inconsistent in power scaling can you bring me 5 books were adam stomped superman ajd showed his superior and not the one's you brought above.

Different comics so....
it helps show a consistent equality/superiority
litterally in the scan I gave you above
Yeah superman holds back against everyone except doomsday and imperiex and possibly darkseid. Yeah superman holds back against even zod and yes black adam also. Can I see scansof him overpowering an angry superman?
again, that was in the scans I gave you
Still not no selling.
sure, let's say I was overselling it, still more than a feat
You mentioned superman here and yes superman holds back against characters even above his level.
because zod scales under superman mainly.
Amazo is always a JL threat and how many times have they gone 1 vs 1? Plus how the **** did you bring Amazo into this debate in the first place.
through scaling? Amazo is always stronger than superman, so black adam taking him easily, even once, supports the fact that he would be stronger
So why mention superman in the first place and I said its eclipso fighting.
see above
Even the scan balantly gave the reason why you shouldn't have sent that scan in the first place imo.
again, this is black adam vs zod, black adam is as magic as shazam and zod as weak to magic as superman.
Superman made a deal with them and I'm sure they obviously know shazam will need all the strength he could get plus shazam go stomped and blamed them for using the power causing it to split. It's the most logical info from the scan you sent.
sure.
Defeating a character in lifting strength doesn't equate you scaling above them overall in teiring.
I could have sworn I saw something stating otherwise but I can't find it so sure.
You're the one who brought scans of eclipso here.
because scaling above supes means scaling above zod.
In rebirth adam got stomped I can check for post crisis when I've got time. Plus stop using superman to scale adam. And superman has more impressive feats than adam.
this isn't rebirth, and consistent scaling>feats
Due to how inconsistent comics are inconsistent in power scaling can you bring me 5 books were adam stomped superman ajd showed his superior and not the one's you brought above.
see above

Back