• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Adam vs General Zod. (GRACE)

Black Adam is missing too much stuff from his files.

Either way, I am voting him cause of his superior skills and Black Adam was shown more powerful than Supes and the likes from what I remember. And conceptually speaking, Cap > Supes so the same should apply here.

One more thing to note is that in some depictions, magic is depicted to be one of superman's weaknesses. Black Adam's powers are magic based and Zod is the same species as Superman

Yeah I vote Black Adam

Last edited:
Quite a number of DC writers tend to try and write him as a magic guy, but he will always be divine. As for Upside down man... I don't think a villain was part of the team back then. Aside from Man Bat who reformed now.

Quite a number of DC writers tend to try and write him as a magic guy, but he will always be divine. As for Upside down man... I don't think a villain was part of the team back then. Aside from Man Bat who reformed now.
Shazam wasn't there either IIRC and his powers are similiar to Adam's

Also I changed the comment where I voted because I mistyped my vote

Well don't write off Zod just yet. Sure Black Adam is magic, but that's not an auto gg against Kryptonians. Wonder Woman is magic and she doesn't one tap Kryptonians, same with Captain Marvel who's gone dead even/lost to Superman before and some other nominally magic heavy hitters like Mary Marvel. Also it should be noted that if Zod moves the fight into orbit or moves it to the Sun like Superman did to Wonder Woman/Darkseid his solar amp would be more than enough to get an easy win.

Actually, I believe I know this issue, It's the same one where Superman said he can unleash on Adam. I believe he also fought an enraged Superman in this same issue.

Sure Black Adam is magic
Black Adam is not magic, he can use magic, but he isn't magic

Also Zod has limited appearances in PC, and I cannot remember an instance where he took someone to the orbit and empowered himself. If you know of any instances, let me know.

Either way, my vote for BA stands. Especially since he holds the candle in intelligence

Well don't write off Zod just yet. Sure Black Adam is magic, but that's not an auto gg against Kryptonians. Wonder Woman is magic and she doesn't one tap Kryptonians, same with Captain Marvel who's gone dead even/lost to Superman before and some other nominally magic heavy hitters like Mary Marvel. Also it should be noted that if Zod moves the fight into orbit or moves it to the Sun like Superman did to Wonder Woman/Darkseid his solar amp would be more than enough to get an easy win.
black adam is simply above zod tho. At the very least, he directly scales above superman. Usually, captain marvel is depicted as stronger than superman and black adam is much stronger than him

captain marvel is depicted as stronger than superman
Captain Marvel is no depecited as Superman's consistent superior. Superman has plenty of instances where he wins or goes dead even with him.

Also Zod has limited appearances in PC, and I cannot remember an instance where he took someone to the orbit
I was confusing actual Zod with Russian Zod who immediately BFR'ed Superman to outerspace. So my mistake.

Captain Marvel is no depecited as Superman's consistent superior. Superman has plenty of instances where he wins or goes dead even with him.
Conceptually, he is, similarly to Captain Atom, but Superman always beats them in some pis ways (still haven't gotten over the horrendous stuff from Loeb's run). Also, Cap was shown superior a few times, but sometimes the author went "muh magic" which is completely not true to the character, so basically PIS

Conceptually, he is, similarly to Captain Atom, but Superman always beats them in some pis ways (still haven't gotten over the horrendous stuff from Loeb's run). Also, Cap was shown superior a few times, but sometimes the author went "muh magic" which is completely not true to the character, so basically PIS
pretty sure it's like 10 for 1 in billy's favor, and the holding back argument kind of goes away since he fought nekron superman

I believe the Nekron story was where they used the whole "muh magic". Can't remember specifically tho cause it's been a while.

black adam is simply above zod tho. At the very least, he directly scales above superman. Usually, captain marvel is depicted as stronger than superman and black adam is much stronger than him
I don’t think this is true. Captain marvel is depicted relative to Superman but since he uses magic he can get the win on him but there have been many times where it was just a strength battle and Superman dominated him

I wouldn't view Billy or Supes as superior or inferior to each other and more about even. They have their advantages and disadvantages against each other.

Adam and Zod are both highly experienced fighters who are far more ruthless than their respective counterparts and both are around the same level of power. Yet Adam has attacks that are much more effective against Zod than what Zod can throw back. Plus, Adam has far greater experience at fighting Kryptonians and is aware of their issues weathering magic based attacks. Zod has next to no experience fighting magic, IIRC and doesn't command nearly the same level of versatility or creativity with his powers. Adam also has higher and better regen, meaning that Zod will need more attacks in the long run to take Adam down vs. what Adam can rack up on him.

Tl;dr - Adam has everything he really needs to take down Zod and knows exactly what he needs to do. Zod is fighting a kind of opponent that he's never had to deal with before and is a logistical disadvantage. Adam might take a beating but he should come out on top.

Back