• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bete Noire vs. Alex Mercer

Ugh... How is stomping a LV 3 anywhere near solid proof for scaling to a LV 19?

Hmm?

No she's just comparable to LV 19 Frisk, considering she fought Frisk at the end of 'My Promise'

Whatever. You should change the justification to "fought"

Alex just kinda puts a whip through her head and she dies considering the AP Gap.

Or if he misses the head, proceeds to shred her and absorb her.

In favor of someone that casually one-shots her?

A bit

Alex has superior Regenerationn; Betty ain't killing him physically anytime soon. Her soul manipulation is useless too; Mercer is immune to it.

Plus what DMUA said; Mercer's considerably stronger. Overall, my vote goes to Mercer.

Mercer shouldn't really be immune to it though. Souls and if Mercer has one isn't really addressed ever in the game.

DMUA said:
Mercer shouldn't really be immune to it though. Souls and if Mercer has one isn't really addressed ever in the game.
Viruses by technicality aren't alive and therefore have no souls. So, yeah.

They aren't alive by the strict definitions of what can scientifically be considered alive, but that doesn't mean they're souless, they are in fact beings. Whether or not Mercer, a sentinet being, has a soul or not, is never really addressed in the sci Fi that is prototype. We just have no evidence to either direction.

Bro are you seriously thinking that something not alive can have a soul?

I guess machines have souls now too right?

Same principles. You have to prove that Mercer is what we define as traditional "Life" in order to have a soul; it's even explicitly stated that the original mercer died. There's no hint of humanity left in the Virus-Mercer as that's just a recreation attempt by the virus, not the actual being.

Well in some schools of thought, metal has a soul, so yes.

Mercer thought he was the real Mercer for a long time and was able to behave totally perfectly, it was only when he found out otherwise that he became a Socipathic Maniac.

He's not alive in the traditional sense due to being unable to reproduce on his own, considering he's Virus, but it's close enough that something as abstract as a soul isn't exactly disqualified just because he's missing 1 out of 5 check boxes.

"but it's close enough that something as abstract as a soul isn't exactly disqualified just because he's missing 1 out of 5 check boxes."

It is though. This same logic applies to Robots; Sentient Androids don't have souls do they? Yet they are "Only" missing 1 out of the 5 checkboxes too.

Robots can't reproduce on their own, don't have DNA, can't eat food, and aren't made of cells. They're a far cry from life. Meanwhile, Viruses are quite close if not for the fact they need other organism's DNA to Reproduce.

DragonBallFighterZCell
I had to do it

Dedede delet this

But eh, since you did done diddly darn did it, I'll at least say, Cell is an exception, he's a Bio Android made of living tissue, not a conventional robo.

Back