• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bergamo speed Downgrade/Revision

Grudgeman1706

VS Battles
Retired
Hello I'd just like to talk about the speed labeled on bergamos profile. I don't understand how Bergamos giant form is considered MFTL + when it was stated here and implied in the episode he was obviously getting slower than when he was smaller. He only grew stronger everytime he absorbed more damage, not at all getting faster.

Someone once brought up that him being m able to react to Gokus kamehameha was what gave him the upgrade but I fail to see how this enough evidence to prove he should get that speed(like I said they made it clear he was slower.) bergamos easily had the time to prepare to react to Gokus kamehameha so I don't believe this is enough to make him MFTL + and I suggest we downgrade it to just MFTl with a note saying he's(slower than before when he grows larger.)

Also I was wondering I we could add bergamos one stated technique which he used against Goku, Wolfgang Penetrator. Maybe with a description akin the lines of "He charges his fists and thrust one forward hurling a powerful blast of ki."

IMG 0935

I think it's because at this point even being a trillion of times slower than Goku is MFTL+, given that Goku scales from feats quadrillions of times the speed of light and iirc MFTL+ starts at 1000 c

^Basically this. Also this would have to wait until after the tournament of power, considering most, if not all of the stats for almost every character already most likely need a revision.

https://youtu.be/D9pMfX3ncB8?t=131

If he was so astronomically slower than a character who scales to Quadrillions FTL feats, he wouldn't be able to react to his Ki Blast like that from such a small distance. Feats do matter more than intent. And it wasn't just about a loss of speed, him being giant gave him a lot more blind spot, as Goku mentioned.

Also he didn't have time to react to Goku's Kamehameha, he moved after Goku fired the blast.

Recent episodes have confirmed more and more that the gap between Base Goku and Blueberry Goku isn't nearly as great as this site has it, and after the arc end there will be a revision that will put Base Goku at Super Saiyan God level.

@Matt,@UnitedRice all I'm saying is if he considered way slower than his base form. than his giant form should scale to his base form With the note it's slower that's all. We haven't made any recent edits to Gokus page to state his speed in base is the same as his SSB form so all I am doing is just suggesting a very small adjustment to his speed. The gap is so big because that's how we have base Goku and his God forms. Until another thread is made and agreed that Gokus God form stats should be the same as his base form.

Karate Kid is stated and meant to be peak human in speed. Doesn't mean we won't rate him on what he's clearly shown.

Bergamo has a blatant MFTL+ feat in reacting to and countering Goku's attack. It doesn't matter if he got stated to be slower.

Also the speed gap between base and SSB likely won't be orders of magnitude in the way it's currently now.

"bergamos easily had the time to prepare to react to Gokus kamehameha"

You mean when he reacted after Goku had already thrown a kamehameha at close range? And then countered it with his own attack before it could hit him.

He aimdodged a blast trillions of times faster than him after it was shot at him? He shot an attack fast enought to counter a blast before it was able to hit him, despite said blast being trillions of times faster than his attacks?

This is a undeniable MFTL+ feat. The only argument would be to say this feat is PIS if Bergamo was explicitly shown (not just stated) to have been slower in this fully powered form of his. Though again this might not be necessary if Base Goku also becomes MFTL+.

Back