• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus Vs. Thanos. (4-B to 3-A)

So flight speed does not translate to combat speed?

Because both Beerus and Whis' speed feats are ones of flight/space travel.

In fact, most quantifiable MFTL+ feats are flight/space travel feats.

If we cannot count those, almost any character with MFTL+ speed would have to be changed. Beerus and Whis in particular would have to be knocked down to Relativistic+ to marginally FTL based on blitzing the Z Fighters.

Well, we don't have to change everything immediately, just slowly and gradually. I just think that we should mention in the profiles if all that has been demonstrated is travel speed. We don't have to mention their combat speeds if their upper limits are unknown, just change the word "speed" to "travel speed".

Well, if that's the case, should we change the DBZ God Tiers' profiles now and put a note explaining why it was changed?

like in db, kid goku can catch bullets but needed the nimbus for mach speeds, heck he even had it in the beginning of dbz

Personally, I feel as though combat speed should be considered the same as travel speed unless shown/stated otherwise.

Well, I have previously changed the Speed page to explain this. But this is potentially a rather massive project that I am ill-suited to organise, and don't have the energy for anymore, and would put a strain on wiki staff if we start to do it all at once, and if we start by singling out Dragon Ball without changing several other franchises first, the fan backlash might be enormous.

Maybe it would be best if I talked with Lord Kavpeny about it. We agreed that he would have final say in the development of the wiki.

@Antvasima

Maybe. My brain's fried at the moment out of exhaustion, so I'm probably not the person to ask ATM.

i really dont think something this big is needed, i mean we are still reeling from changes that were started long ago, i still come across articles that have lifewipers as 5-C, so its imppossible to change the speed like this in such a short time, so the discreptancies will remain for months, enough time for people to spot them and make a bad name out this wiki- cuz unlike lifewiping, having massive speed discreptancies between edited and unedit profile will trigger an outrage, i really hope that it doesnt happen, but if it does (and i hope it doesnt happen), another hitler rant vid will be out

Yeah. That is what I am afraid of. Given that we have had it repeatedly stated outright that the Marvel characters have separate travel and combat speeds, we can probably start by changing them though.

That said, we should still have the clarification in the Speed page, so people can draw their own conclusions. It might be a project best left for the future.

yeah, i mean, in general, its clear when there is some discreptancy between reaction and travel speed

also, yes the definitions themselves on the speed page wont harm at all

whenever a famous character gets an upgrade, people really want to test the limit to how far they can be used

this is not a problem in forums- since forums are designed for long, heated discussions with tools and posts organised really well for a multi party debate

a wiki on the other hand is not meant for that, its meant for compiling information, and not active communication

so keeping the beerus threads at a minimal is best option to avoid confusion

But Overlord actually has a point though. Sure i'm excited too now that Dragon Ball has reason to be Galaxy to even Universe level thanks to the recent series, but it does need to calm down. Like it really needs to chill, no lie on that.

yup, people need to chill on this wiki, and any other wiki, the long and innumerable discussions are for the forums, since they are meant for exactly that

this and other wikis are not really forums, they have some forum like features, but thats about it, adding feta cheese to some food doesnt make it medeterranian food

in forums, posts are spread over many pages, and quite frankyl if u go to a current v bulletin forums u will find lots of speacialized UI aimed for long conversations, private messages and all that, and more

dont get me wrong

i am not complaining about wikia, i am just saying that the tediously long debates just arent meant for wikis, our forums are generally useful for short discussions or short vs matches, and not the phenomenal goku vs supes matches like this

(bear in mind that this linked forum is an outdated one, but is still very convinent for long discussions, private discusions, and peronal settings and all that)

Ah, I get it. It does get bothersome when threads on this wiki become very long and drawn out. The DBS speculation thread got so long that my laptop had trouble loading it, and it was tedious scrolling through 500+ replies on a single page.

yup, on a forum that wud be a breeze, eg. look at take 5, the dbz thread has almost 4000 replies, but its no problem, everything is organised and people have specialized editing tools, spefific communicating tools and all that

its meant for this kind of stuff

conversly, their vs wiki is a mess, since forum-based wikis/wiki like sites arent nearly as good in organising information as the regular wikia ones

thanos without his items won't be able to do much against beerus the only thing that might have have any effect is his psionic powers. In the second round he has the cosmic cubes so he stomps easily due to raw power and Hax.

Back