• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Minor Revision: Jeanne's profile is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
Should probably start cleaning shit up around this verse before Bayo 3 hits in a few months. Why don't we take a look at our favorite silver haired gal.

1. Jeanne needs Soul Manip removed. Not sure why she has it on her profile.
  2. Jeanne needs statistics amplification added with Rasetsu which has the following quote: "A mesmerizing, sharp-edged pair of swords that seal the goddess of destruction and ruin, Rasetsu. When a female has these weapons in her hands, demonic energy causes her power to increase tenfold and can send lost souls away from this world to where they belong."
  3. Shared weaponry with Bayo. Most of Jeanne's weapons are essentially just the same as bayo's with a rename, reskin, and a different lore description. We already account for their separate lore descriptions and account for their unique abilities in their P&A sections, but there are a few weapons that Jeanne doesn't have a counterpart version for and instead simply share the weapon. But for some reason we only list the abilities for these shared weapons on bayo's profile and not Jeanne's, despite the fact that Jeanne is capable of utilizing these weapons also. These weapons are Bazillions, Rodin, Alruna, and Chain Chomp. Luckily only Bazillions and Alruna are the only ones with explicit abilities that would need to be added.

Lastly, we need to figure out how to treat accessories and consumables for Jeanne's profile. She doesn't have accessories listed at all on her profile and she has consumables listed in her standard equipment, but they're not put in her P&As. I'll lay out what I think are the best two options but if someone has a better idea don't hesitate to throw it in.

Option 1: Add both of them to her P&A section like normal. They're all purchasable items from the gates of hell, and Jeanne is known to be a customer of Rodin because of his engraving in All 4 One and the description for Yagyu.

Option 2: Add them but as optional equipment. Although she's a known customer of Rodin, the accessories and consumables are not exclusive to her and are never shown in use outside of gameplay. And although Jeanne is playable in both games, Jeanne being playable is obviously non-canon (outside of tag climax and the rocket scene ofc) and we don't know if it's something she'd have on her as a standard.

This seems fine.

I personally go with option 1 since it makes the most sense.

She not being playable canonically doesn't mean the much considering she is a well known client.

Imma call the bois

Last edited:
1. She has soul manipulation via Shuraba, doesn’t need to be removed, just given a reasoning.

2. I agree.

Option 1 seems to make the most sense here, aside from EOTW hax, her profile with Bayonetta should be almost identical.

1. She has soul manipulation via Shuraba, doesn’t need to be removed, just given a reasoning.

2. I agree.

Option 1 seems to make the most sense here, aside from EOTW hax, her profile with Bayonetta should be almost identical.
She doesn't have Sharuba. She uses angel slayer.

Well since this doesn’t seem to have any major disagreements, this can probably be implemented now. I’ll try to do so when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back