• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Batfleck. Dark Knight had trouble with the Joker's attack dogs while Batfleck destroyed a whole room of armed thugs. Let's also not forget that Batfleck came out of retirement after decades of fighting crime while the Dark Knight only operated for a year or two until he went into hiding, only to come out in the Dark Knight Rises to fight Bane before faking his death.

Batfleck is ultimately more brutal and experienced.

DCEU FRA

...But in all honesty, that scene where Batman dropped down and took down that room full of guys in Batman V. Superman was top-tier, and much better shot than most of the action scenes from the Nolan triolgy.

Grimreaperofjustice said:
Nolan takes this FRA
They're voting for Batfleck, which is not the Nolan Trilogy Batman

I actually think this is closer than most think. Batman eventually beat down Bane without any gadgets, while as in the new movie, DCEU Batman struggled with a demon trooper (forgot what they're called hahaha) . He eventually won but it was with his fists. Batman did struggle at first against the dogs but that was due to his unit not being protected against that. After that he actually improves his suit for that. So I'd say he has a phsycial edge because he has also beaten down mass amounts of thugs, especially in the club scene.

I'm actually going with Nolan Batman in a close match. Physical edge while their gadgets are similar.

Korudo Daio said:
DCEU FRA

...But in all honesty, that scene where Batman dropped down and took down that room full of guys in Batman V. Superman was top-tier, and much better shot than most of the action scenes from the Nolan triolgy.
It was a highlight in a bad movie hahahah

I'm actually going with Nolan Batman in a close match. Physical edge while their gadgets are similar.

What about the experience difference? That was my main reason for going Batfleck; though it's told and not shown (big storytelling sin), Batfleck is supposed to have around two decades of experience (At one point Alfred says something like, "Twenty years of fighting criminals amounts to nothing?"). On the other hand the timeline of the DK Trilogy is maybe 2-3 years at most? Correct me if I'm wrong on the specifics but it's safe to say that DK Batman has operated for a far shorter timespan.

I also thought of the villains they both faced: DK Batman only went up against 5 major villains (Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face, Joker, and Bane), only two of which were legitimately imposing foes, combat-wise; RAG and Bane. The rest were more dangerous for what they could do to Gotham than what they could do to Batman, and even Two-Face was mostly psychologically dangerous; it was the hope-crushing effect of Gotham's top prosecutor turning into a murderer that Gotham would have suffered most from, not that he had a coin and a gun.

While Batfleck hasn't gone up against any supervillains onscreen it is reasonable to infer that he has faced every member of the Suicide Squad at least once considering they were all imprisoned at the beginning of their movie. An offhand comment about "exploding windup penguins" in Justice League is an obvious reference to Penguin and proof that yet more members of his rogues gallery are out there and he's faced them.

So essentially, my judgement was based on him having operated longer and having faced more numerous and dangerous foes over the years.

What about the experience difference? That was my main reason for going Batfleck; though it's told and not shown (big storytelling sin), Batfleck is supposed to have around two decades of experience (At one point Alfred says something like, "Twenty years of fighting criminals amounts to nothing?"). On the other hand the timeline of the DK Trilogy is maybe 2-3 years at most? Correct me if I'm wrong on the specifics but it's safe to say that DK Batman has operated for a far shorter timespan.

I also thought of the villains they both faced: DK Batman only went up against 5 major villains (Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face, Joker, and Bane), only two of which were legitimately imposing foes, combat-wise; RAG and Bane. The rest were more dangerous for what they could do to Gotham than what they could do to Batman, and even Two-Face was mostly psychologically dangerous; it was the hope-crushing effect of Gotham's top prosecutor turning into a murderer that Gotham would have suffered most from, not that he had a coin and a gun.

While Batfleck hasn't gone up against any supervillains onscreen it is reasonable to infer that he has faced every member of the Suicide Squad at least once considering they were all imprisoned at the beginning of their movie. An offhand comment about "exploding windup penguins" in Justice League is an obvious reference to Penguin and proof that yet more members of his rogues gallery are out there and he's faced them.

So essentially, my judgement was based on him having operated longer and having faced more numerous and dangerous foes over the years.

If the Nolan batman was BB and TDK then you'd be spot on. However, the DKR takes place many, many years after TDK. Bruce is older by this point, even having a cane. While Batfleck may have more experience, nothing suggests that more foes would prepare him for this kind of test. Beating Superman was terrific but that won't help in in a battle against another Batman. It's great experience fighting an incredible foe but both Batman's clearly are different to the superman of the DCEU. Nolan Batman has gone under immense psychological abuse from the Joker, and knows how to face someone as physical as DCEU Batman, with a Bane who mentally and physically broke him. DCEU Batman was bitchslapoed in the latest film even when knowing what Superman was capable of, and only with prep he could beat him when hehad the Kyrptonite suit. Even the Nolan Joker was more clever and deadly, plus as I said before, Nolan's Batman by the end of the film had been around for a long time as well and has been the main reason behind Arkham being full. Nolan's Batman just has better feats to be able to take on a different version of himself. Nolan should takes this with high difficulty

Ok, through more research, the gap between TDK and DKR is 8 years. HOWEVER, he wasn't Batman during that time so Batfleck would have the experience edge. But that wasn't my main argument anyway. I still thought Batfleck had an experience edge, (he has 25 years to Nolan's 1.5) However, Batfleck hasn't been tested like Nolan's. While in the DCEU, Batfleck's Robin was killed by the Joker which is traumatic, it hasn't shown to test him in anyway. Nolan's has gone through much more of. Difficult and challenging situations that Batfleck has. That isn't to say Batfleck hasn't struggled but Nolan's has just struggled more and shown more impressive feats. Again Batfleck's superman feat I discussed earlier but yeah Nolan's Batman takes this

Batman (DCEU) takes this with low difficulty if that. He's by far a better fighter and is to (Nolan Batman) what (DC Comics Batman) is to (DCEU Batman). In terms of the suits which will be a factor, (DCEU) can take gunshots and "mostly" keep out knives (plus that guy had to come down with both hands at a downward angle - (Nolan Batman got stabbed by Talia with a casual shank :), so there's probably no getting through (DCEU Batman's Batsuit, at least not before he tears (Nolan Batsuit) apart with his bare hand, kind of like how Bane could have done.

ShadowChild'sReaper said:
Batman (DCEU) takes this with low difficulty if that. He's by far a better fighter and is to (Nolan Batman) what (DC Comics Batman) is to (DCEU Batman). In terms of the suits which will be a factor, (DCEU) can take gunshots and "mostly" keep out knives (plus that guy had to come down with both hands at a downward angle - (Nolan Batman got stabbed by Talia with a casual shank :), so there's probably no getting through (DCEU Batman's Batsuit, at least not before he tears (Nolan Batsuit) apart with his bare hand, kind of like how Bane could have done.
Tbf, Batman was completely caught off guard with the knife. Unlike the DCEU who couldn't beat a normal demon trooper without luckily finding his equipment near by. Plus Nolan's batman had been out of practise for several years before taking on Bane, and once he recovered he beat Bane easily. DCEU has the better suit but definitely not the better fighter. He actually hasn't shown that great fighting feats yet. Yes he beat Superman but that was in the suit and it was really just normal punches, whereas Nolan's Batman best Raz Al Ghul who is an extremely good fighter, and Bane through his sheer physicality.

That's just my opinion anyway

Yes his suit looked more defensive, I'm saying in the warehouse scene in BvS you can clearly see the sparks fly from Batman's suit both from knife slashes and gunshots. On the other hand Nolan Batman specifically states in the movies how his suit doesn't stand up to gunfire (all that well and thus should avoid being shot). And speaking of the warehouse scene, it clearly shows that DCEU Bats would hold a straight up advantage in a hand to hand fight as how he took down the thugs. Dude straight up God Mode'd those guys. His suit seems to be not only stronger than Nolan's is but doesn't hinder him when it comes to combat. But I also agree that Nolan has had Batman fight more skilled people (technically just two (League of Shadows Daddy and Big Daddy Bane). Though as for the Bane thing, Batman in no way "easily" beat Bane when he came back. If anything he did definitely better than he did in the sewers but he got in that lucky shot on Bane's mask which royally screwed with his performance turning him into the swinging rage machine we know and love.

Back