• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman tries to kill Superman without Kryptonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transcending

He/Him
Bloodlusted.

Batman has the Hellbat armor. Post-Crisis version of Supes.

Speed Equalized.

Standard Battle Assumptions for everything else.

The Bat out of Hell vs The Big Blue Boy Scout

what-is-the-hellbat.jpg

5664803-supermanthebadass.jpg

Batman:

Superman: 7

Last edited:
Interesting match up. Tho post-crisis speed is much higher than post flashpoint, so Supes either speed stomps or make it equalised.

PC Supes scales to: 8.7658128e+16 c
Batman scales to: 273750000000 c

I thought this was done before, anyway, Superman has a guaranteed wincon and that is to simply hang on until the Hellbat kills Batman, now the question is how long he can last until then, Heat vision doesn't work due to Hellbat's absorption/attack reflection. But may be super screams or phases can give Clark the victory

Last edited:
Superman has a guaranteed wincon and that is to simply hang on until the Hellbat kills Batman, now the question is how long he can last until then, Heat vision doesn't work due to Hellbat's absorption/attack reflection. But may be super screams or phases can give Clark the victory
When Bloodlusted they'd want to kill their opponent as quickly and efficently as possible. This doesn't seem likely.

Checked vsbw:
Bloodlust refers to a state where a character is fighting without any inhibitions, and cares about nothing other than defeating the enemy.

Bloodlusted characters fear nothing, and won't hesitate taking injures if it leads to a higher probability of winning a battle.

A bloodlusted character will not be victim to Character-Induced Stupidity, and will be much more likely to speed blitz opponents (if doing so is within their powerset).

Some characters are naturally bloodlusted, and act this way in their own fictional continuity.
Yeah with this definition it doesnt seem likely to me.

Yall, SBA is on, they're not gonna kill each other. Like, under any circumstance.

Alright, sorry I've been unable to really respond for a week. I'm actually gonna go in-depth.

First things first, AP. Superman currently scales to around 1.08 KiloFoe, whilst Batman hangs around the 2.7 KiloFoe range. Giving Batman a solid 2.5x AP advantage.
Abilities would go to the Man of Steel, he's able to mix and mash with Heat Vision, Freeze Breath, intangibility and invisibility, Illusion creation if the fight gets heated, Regeneration to repair any bad wounds. Though Batman does have a decent amount of counters, attack absorption/redirection, Nanotechnology which could act similar to regen.
Skill would obviously go to Batman, though this version of Superman is no chump when it comes to martial arts either, but it's enough of an advantage for the Big Blue to watch out for, especially bloodlusted.
Experience though definitely goes to Superman, having over 1000 years of combat experience, though the fact these both have fought some version of each other evens it out a bit

On that topic, Arsenal would obviously go to Batman, though I am unsure how some of Bat's gadgets would interact. In Post-Crisis, Kryptonians are immune to Kryptonite not from their universe, so Batman might just waste an option using that on Clark. Bruce though can get tricky with his nanotech, swarms to temporarily distract him, repair incase Superman manages to break through.
Lifting strength, I'd still be willing to say Superman edges out. Lois Lane broke the grip of a distracted Eradicator, and Darkseid was able to man-handle the armor once he got a solid grip. This is actually important thanks to how Post-Crisis Superman acts bloodlusted.

Now onto the fight; this is a bit tricky, I really haven't seen many fights where Superman cuts loose in Post Crisis, and neither have I really seen what Batman could do with the armor if he gave in to his rage. Superman usually starts off with a speed blitz + heat vision + lifting strength grip towards the Sun. Batman definitely has ways to counter, redirecting his blasts to wrestling free with his sweet two times strength advantage. Hellbat doesn't have any resistance to ice manipulation however, Superman's usual go-to when Heat Vision doesn't do the trick. It might not be much, but all Superman needs is a second of Batman being caught in the ice and the fight's being taken towards the sun. It's always his go-to when in a fit of rage, ex: Wonder Woman or Darkseid.

If Batman can keep the fight on Earth, he might be able to edge out with his superior skill and AP, Superman doesn't abuse much of his arsenal in a fit of rage while Batman would be happy to do so.
But if Superman can take the fight to the Sun, then there's not much the Caped Crusader can do. Clark's constantly getting stronger, Bruce's hits are going to be doing less, Supes would be healing faster, and he'd be getting faster. Bruce's danmaku and energy redirection can only do so much, energy absorption might only come into play a few times once Supes realizes it's not going to work to keep using it. His Danmaku at best only seemed to distract Darkseid; it's going to be doing less on a Superman actively trying to kill him and constantly getting stronger. With the constant speed + strength amp Superman could easily hold Batman near the sun, it's only a matter of time until he rips through the suit enough where he can't handle the heat of a closely burning star, or the cosmic radiations of space.

I'd probably lean on Superman 6 times out of 10.

I thought I read somewhere that Flashpoint had no affect on the strength of like the New Gods and such, is that true? Because if it is, then this match up isn't as close as I thought.

That's kinda incorrect. Flashpoint, initially, affected every entity in DC comics, alllll the way to their 1As like presence. However, later retcons changed that and ignored said changes. Darkseid was also changed fundamentally and wasn't until multiversity that he was retconed to being the same as his older self.

That's kinda incorrect. Flashpoint, initially, affected every entity in DC comics, alllll the way to their 1As like presence. However, later retcons changed that and ignored said changes. Darkseid was also changed fundamentally and wasn't until multiversity that he was retconed to being the same as his older self.
Yeah but I was talking about current canon, in which they weren't affected.

If Post Crisis Darkseid and Rebirth/New 52 Darkseid aren't the same AP wise, then alr that argument holde no value. I still stick with my original thesis on this fight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back