• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Ragyo=small island

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Here's why:

Ragyo was able to rather easily overpower Ryuko and Satsuki at once. Satsuki can overpower her entire Elite 4 at once and Ryuko stalemated her. Uzu one shot multiple COVERs with an attack that didn't even land, they were destroyed by just being near the blast. And the other Elite 3 are comparable to him and have done similar feats. A single COVER stomped 7-A Gamagori.

So, in conclusion, Ragyo is greater than 2 people. Those 2 people are each greater than 4 people. Each of those 4 people can casually oneshot multiple monsters. A single one of those monsters stomped a 7-A.

Likely well over the 10X gap to small island.

https://gfycat.com/FavoriteAgonizingGreatdane Here's proof Uzu can utterly fodderize COVERs

Nonon too http://imgur.com/BXJ6F28

I've been talking about this for a while.

Now typically I'm against tier jumping via scaling. However I think this is a rare case such as Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Super, or Esdeath where it is acceptable.

Now if this was a tier like 9-B, 5-A or 4-B, I would support this in the absolute slightest.

However 7-A has a very small hap, and this sheer amount of stomping seems to justify surpassing said gap.

A COVER can stomp a 7-A. Uzu can one shot multiple COVERS just by attacking near them. Satsuki can stomp 4 Uzus. And Ragyo can stomp 2 Satsukis.

I think it is rather reasonable to say that Ragyo at this point would be 10x stronger than a base Mountain.

Haha, someone actually made the thread. But yeah, full support on this one. I was actually commenting on it today.

Keep in mind Ragyo in base form tanked a bloodlusted Satsuki's Bakuzan slash with her fist...and the Bakuzan was literally smashed to pieces.

That is like saying I broke the sharp end of a blade of a katana with my knuckles via punching it.

Upgrade fully supported. Ragyo's tiering should be written as

• "At least Small Island level, likely higher"

I support the Zops opnion as well, evidence makes sense and ragyo was always a top tier anyways. The scaling makes sense

While I agree with the Ragyo part, where would Ryuko and Satsuki be in relevance to Sanageyama? Sanageyama can one-shot multiple Covers that are easily above 7-A, and Satsuki or Ryuko would stomp him and the other Elite all together, and then some more. Unless I'm missing some data, wouldn't this potentially put them a tier higher than Sanageyama and the others?

@Scarlet considering that like mentioned, Uzu can make energy blasts so strong 4+ people who stomp baseline 7-As were getting instantly one shot just being near it, Elite 4 being "possibly/likely" higher doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me tbh.

But if others don't agree with that, it isn't something I think is that important. As long as people note these are extremely high end 7-As.

Since there's a lot of people agreeing with Ragyo being High 7-A though, I'll change the profile.

I watched the anime and the differences in strength between the characters compared here,in their respective versions mentioned in the op, are definitely high enough to be stomps. Ragyo didn't take her fight with Satsuki and Ryuko seriously and still managed to overwhelm both of them, the Elite 4 themselves recognize they can be effortlessly be beaten by Satsuki and Uzu pawning multiple COVERs with an indirect attack.

I see Kill la Kill as a series relying much on brute strength. There are hax but iirc, it isn't used much in the series such that "character A uses hax to defeat character B who has overwhelmingly better stats". So when a character beats someone in this series, it usually means the character has better physical stats than who they defeat, much more so if it's a stomp. Therefore, it only makes sense for this upgrade to come through.

@IrMaXuS You are right. The only characters with impressive hax were Ragyo and Nui, who were so strong within the series they didn't need to use it much.

Ragyo already got accepted for this upgrade.

There was just what Scarlet said about whether the other characters deserve a "likely/possibly higher."

Which I think makes sense. One shotting 4 monsters each of which being able to stomp Base Mountains is pretty high end in of itself. Along with being able to stomp 4 of that character at once.

But it depends on what others would think.

@Ryu I just looked at Uzu's profile and there's already an "Atleast" in his tier and other stats. Isn't that the same as adding "likely/possibly higher"?

"Possibly higher" is typically for people who are even higher ends of their "At least" and have a somewhat considerable chance at being higher.

"Likely higher" is for a favorable probability they are higher than they're listed as.

So while it may seem like minor semantics, and it kinda is, a "possibly/likely higher" is a small upgrade.

Yeah no tier jumping for anyone but Ragyo.

@Cal How about "Possibly" for Elite 4 or do you think it's fine as is?

How does this sound?

Uzu Sanageyama: "At least Mountain level, possibly higher (Shot a blast so powerful 4+ COVERs got instantly one shot just standing near it and not getting hit. A single COVER was able to stomp Gamagori's MK2 form)"

Other Elite 4 MK3 suits get that as well, since they are all somewhat comparable to Uzu. And Nonon did a rather similar feat of foderrizing the COVERs.

Satsuki: "At least Mountain level, likely higher (Superior to the combined force of her Elite 4)

Ryuko and Nui get this scaling to Satsuki as well.

Rei Hououmaru with DEFCON: At least Mountain level, likely Small Island

Now while I believe no one deserves a straight up tier jump except Ragyo, considering Rei with DEFCON is a very considerble, though unknown amount stronger than Satsuki. I believe it deserves at least having the likelyhood of being the next tier listed.

I think it'd be alright to change the profiles then. This isn't really a controversial or important change and has a good amount of supporters.

Come to my wall if you disagree. Closing this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back