• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ban vs Lucetta (When you spend so much time thinking whether or not you could, you forget to think about whether you should)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So SBA doesn't ensure that.

Feel free. That isn't on the SBA. Ergo it isn't SBA.

Mr. Bambu said:
Feel free. That isn't on the SBA. Ergo it isn't SBA.
Also you have nihilus and Reinhardt who are argued to be like mind hax gg even at 4km away despite being based on eye contact

how far are they? I'm assuming if ban can get near by jagan would do many wonders but what would lucetta do if she's 4km away? Does she have enough range to cover it?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
how far are they? I'm assuming if ban can get near by jagan would do many wonders but what would lucetta do if she's 4km away? Does she have enough range to cover it?
He can still info manip her via "muh logic is better than yours" and "That's what you get for skipping math classes in high school"

Can i have that type of logic where i can pass without trying logic cuz yolo....IF ONLY

Anyway i remember smth about that so he could do smth with that...he could likely try to make lucetta get in his sight and look for the jagan which he is pretty much an expert in it (people can get caught off guard despite knowing what to expect)

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Can i have that type of logic where i can pass without trying logic cuz yolo....IF ONLY
Anyway i remember smth about that so he could do smth with that...he could likely try to make lucetta get in his sight and look for the jagan which he is pretty much an expert in it (people can get caught off guard despite knowing what to expect)
Nah, remember ban used to do stuff that were hard for adults as a baby, you ain't getting there without acing that geometry and trigonometry test

Ikr, poor Fuedo, he met the wrong guy xD. Is that a vote for Ban?

hmmm its hard as I also want to know what lucetta can do in this situation. Atm I can see how ban could effectively use the jagan on lucetta which could lead in his win but its more like can he get close first or she does smth

TISSG7Redgrave said:
hmmm its hard as I also want to know what lucetta can do in this situation. Atm I can see how ban could effectively use the jagan on lucetta which could lead in his win but its more like can he get close first or she does smth
He resists most of her abilities (except for a few), but Lucetta would have to somehow know not to look into his eyes, and we'd need to assume she doesn't look at people when she haxes them, since looking at him would just activate the Jagan. That's why i went with Ban.

if she does need to look at ban that's an issue cuz isn't he able to use it even from a television?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
if she does need to look at ban that's an issue cuz isn't he able to use it even from a television?
Yup, it should be possible through anything because it's looking into his eyes that makes you see "his world", so seeing his world is possible as long as you see him.

Firephoenixearl said:
Yes ofc, but iirc SBA ensures that the fighters know who they are fighting and they are in line of sight.
No quite. From Standard Battle Assumptions, Knowledge of the other character/verse: The fighters will have absolutely no prior knowledge of each other. Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

Firephoenixearl said:
It's resisting the manipulation of nothingness, still doesn't mean you resist having your information erased or getting destroyed like Sirzechs Lucifer does.

Jagan is still a thing.
Sirzechs Lucifer was a different case, he didn't show any resistance to Void Manipulation from what I remembered

His Void Manipulation shows no feat that granted him this:

• Manipulation of Nothingness: The primary use of this ability, one's control over a 'nonexistent substance'. Naturally this may allow them to be resistant to the effects of existence erasure, as often interacting with a Void also causes one to be converted into a Void, although this may not always be the case.

I think Ban will win FRA, though.

hmmmmmm well i guess i will ban FRA considering how he can use the jagan very effectively.

I have a question about SBA in regards to intel and prep time. The Kinetopede Captain (comes from the same verse as Lucetta) has abilities that can grant them intel on the target, and other abilities that almost guarantee them prep time. These include the ability to retroactively dream the up coming senerio, and be able to know what they need to do to succeed. Also, the fact that time is cyclical and the kinetopede captain's ability to live the same events over and over, granting them the ability to always prepare for upcoming events (basically, they can remember their previous play throughs, since they are an avatar of a higher being, The Player, who exists outside of the house). Would SBA allow these, or how would they interact?

Nah it wouldn't allow it. It's a same case for ppl like Tachibana Kukuri, Demiruge, Kakeru Satsuki and literally everyone with a good precognition. All the ppl i mentioned have Precog to the point of knowing everything in infinite possibilities (can see every future possible), yet they are not assumed to have already seen the fight coming. That's getting nerfed sadly.

That makes things strange. because the captain, even if they die, get incapacitated, or lose, just cycles back around with a new incarnation or from a previous save. Its a strange case, and is so linked to how the captain fights that I'm not sure you could properly seperate it

Iapitus The Impaler said:
That makes things strange. because the captain, even if they die, get incapacitated, or lose, just cycles back around with a new incarnation or from a previous save. Its a strange case, and is so linked to how the captain fights that I'm not sure you could properly seperate it
Same thing with the dudes with precog. They are treated as in verse things and wouldn't be applicable if you just took them to a new fight. That cycling thing can be a nice type 8 though. It may be applicable after 1 death (assuming the cycling takes less than 1 day) where he can prep, but not the 1st time. It cannot be assumed because even infinite possibilities are still only infinite in verse and they don't include a possibility where he gets to fight Naruto because it's not in his verse.

@Fire

I mean fights with perennials are already always taking place in The House since they cannot leave it. The cycling thing is less of a type 8 and more of a type 6 tbh. He has plenty of type 8 on other things tho lol

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Fire
I mean fights with perennials are already always taking place in The House since they cannot leave it. The cycling thing is less of a type 8 and more of a type 6 tbh. He has plenty of type 8 on other things tho lol
I am not entirely sure on what that cycling thing would be. Maybe a type 4 since he keeps on respawning in a sense. Though it'd be "time manipulation" if nothing else works. xD Type 6 seems a bit unlikely tbh as it's not rly possessing a new body, it's still the same body, though just going back in time in a sense. Just check what the main character from Re:Zero has, he'd have the same thing. xD

Partially. The repeated manifestations of the same being are not the result of the being, but what the avatar's back story is, what they look like, and what choices they make are all the result of the higher being. A being will always be born in the city of keys, grow up, and for various reasons decide to go out and travel The House. They will collect the same starting crew, travel around for a while, and eventually get attacked by memory thieves. They will be knocked out, and try to remember who they are. Everything else that happens to the being is essentially in control of the player, whether or not The Kinetopede Captain learns of this or not. There are being who have lived through previous cycles, and beings who can determine the past and future from reading previous cycles. The Kinetopede Captain is not technically one of these beings (although they can be depending on certain routes), but The Player who controls them will have them make actions to get the result they want.

Essentially, its the higher being that makes it so that The Player acts a certain way. The Kinetopede Captain may not know that he is going to run into mercenaries who will try and take their guard captain back to their father, but they will most certainly avoid the rooms where they show up in, or they will avoid the encounter long enough that they have the fire power to nuke them out of existence. They may not know that they need to go to the unmarked corner of the map to find a giant crow gollem, offer it the corpse of a God and dine with it, then seduce it and get layed in order to obtain the fragment of a stoned undying trickster, but he most certainly will do that anyway.

House of Many Doors is a weird verse lol

What the actual F did you make me read Iap? Especially that last part with the seducing and getting laid....what? xD

That crow gollem thing actually happened lol. I am not exaggerating. Behold, The Lord of Crows

A House of Many Doors has many romantic options lol. You can (attempt) to sleep with a Shark (doesn't work out tho, cuz you aren't biologically compatible). You can sleep with, including but not limited to, the following; A Vegan Vampire, A Mad scientist and drug addict who gets off on the remnant of the dreams of a dying God, A more realistic version of Toad, A guy in quantum flux who was born twice, A Psychic who buys and sells Souls, A washed up Clown Detective, A senient mask, and (my person favourite) The ghost of an oil rig

God I love this verse. All of this makes sense in context by the way, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back