• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Strength CRT - ROUND 2

Recently, on Baki's thread #3, there was a lot of questioning about the legitimacy of Yujiro scaling to modern atomic weapons.
The problem with this scaling at tier 7 was that it caused a lot of inconsistencies, especially on the number of characters who clearly didn't have yujiro's level but were scaling to him somehow because they had faced someone who was comparable to someone who was comparable to someone who was comparable to Yujiro (you get the idea). And on the giant leap that the characters made in tiering because of that while they were OBVIOUSLY getting gradually stronger in the manga.

Since there were better arguments against this automatic scaling to tier 7, which until then had never been questioned (like the fact that the only people who said Yujiro could tank an atomic bomb are people who clearly don't know what they are talking about), it was decided to follow only the calculations that were already available to give Yujiro a tier. The most powerful of them all was this feat made by Baki, to which Yujiro upscaled, getting a 8-A instead of a Low 7-B.

So here are the changes I personally propose. I tried to respect the current tier distribution as much as possible, but there might be some mistakes, if you don't agree, let me know. ^^

I also made a list of how much some characters scale far away from yujiro, so we know which tiers to be careful with and which are the most accurate.

Legend :
Yujiro and comparable characters (Range 0)
Characters who scales from Yujiro and comparable characters (Range 1)
Characters who scales from range 1 characters (Range 2)

Characters who scales from range 2 characters (Range 3)
Characters who scales from range 3 characters (Range 4)
Characters who scales from range 4 characters (Range 5)

CharacterKeyOld tierNew tierReason
Yujiro-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher, higher with Demon Back8-A, likely higher, higher with Demon BackScale superior to the Imaginary slam feat
BakiPost-pickle arc to currentAt least Low 7-B+, likely higher in base, higher with Demon Back8-A, likely higher, higher with Demon BackScale to Yujiro
Yuichiro-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher, higher with Demon Back8-A, likely higher, higher with Demon BackScale or debatably superior to Yujiro
Pickle-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher, higher with his transformation8-A, likely higher, higher with his transformationScale to Yujiro
Musashi Miyamoto-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher, higher at full power8-A, likely higher, higher at full powerScale to Yujiro and Baki
Kaku-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher with complete mastery over Shaori/Xiao-Lee8-A, likely higher with complete mastery over Shaori/Xiao-LeeScale to base Yujiro
Nomi no Sukune II-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher8-A, likely higherScale to current Baki, upscale from Reiho
Deinonychus-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher8-A, likely higherScale to Pickle
T-Rex-At least Low 7-B+, likely higher8-A, likely higherScale to Pickle
HanayamaBaki douAt least Low 7-B, likely Low 7-B+At least 8-B+, likely 8-ADowscale from casual Yujiro and upscale from Musashi's dura
Oliva-Low 7-B, likely Low 7-B+8-B+, likely higherDownscale from casual Yujiro, upscale from imaginary slam because he's superior to base raitai to pickle baki
JackSon of ogreLow 7-B8-B+Downscale from casual Pickle
DoppoPrimeLow 7-B8-B+Downscale from casual Yujiro
HanayamaSon of OgreLow 7-B8-B+Downscale from casual Pickle
KatsumiSon of ogreLow 7-B, Low 7-B+ with Hitless Blow8-B naturally, 8-A, likely higher with Hitless BlowHeavily downscale from casual Pickle, Hitless blow scale to Pickle
Honoo-Low 7-B8-BDownscale from casual current Baki with 8-B+ durability
BakiRaitai arc to Pickle arcAt least Low 7-B, likely Low 7-B+ with Demon Back8-B+, likely higher with Demon BackDemon back scale to Oliva, base scale to the imaginary slam
Shibukawa-9-A, up to Low 7-B+ with Aiki9-A, up to 8-A with AikiAiki upscale from Oliva
KatsumiBaki dou IIAt least Low 7-B, likely higher, higher with Retsu's spirit, Low 7-B+ with Hitless BlowAt least 8-B, likely higher, higher with Retsu's spirit, 8-A, likely higher with Hitless blowUpscale from his SOO self
RetsuSon of ogreLow 7-B8-BScale to SOO Katsumi
Ron Shobun-Low 7-B8-B+Downscale from Oliva
Guevaru-Low 7-B8-B+Downscale from Oliva
Shachihoko-Low 7-B8-BDownscale from Dou Hanayama with 8-B+ durability
Iwao Muneuchi-At most Low 7-BAt most 8-BDownscale from prime doppo
DoppoBaki DouLow 7-B8-BScale to SOO Retsu
RetsuBaki DouAt least Low 7-B, likely higherAt least 8-B+, likely higherUpscale from his SOO self, should be comparable to dou Katsumi
Joe crasier-Low 7-B8-BScale to SOO Retsu
Kyogei-Low 7-B+8-AScale to Shibukawa's Aiki
Shishimaru-At least Low 7-B, likely higher8-B+Slightly upscale from Dou Katsumi
MotobeBaki douAt least 9-A, likely far higher physically, Low 7-B, likely Low 7-B+ with equipmentAt least 9-A, likely far higher physically, at least 8-B+, likely higher with equipmentScale to Musashi's dura, who scale to Dou Retsu
Taketsurugi-Low 7-B8-BScale to Dou Doppo but with 8-B+ durability
Reiho--8-AScale to Kyogei
JackBaki douAt least Low 7-B, likely Low 7-B+At least 8-B+, likely higherScale to Motobe

Reiho's page doesn't exist yet, I will create it right after his fight with Nomi is finished, but their boss said Reiho was the only one capable of throwing Kyogei, and being the Yokozuna, he's more likely to be the strongest anyway.

Ok : LordGinSama, FoxBall, EliminatorVenom, Amlad22, M1keyOnDiscord, Sir_Ovens
Maybe : NotoriouSoda
Not ok : -

Last edited:
This is fine however again I still don’t see why they can’t go back to 7-C. The earthquake feat itself was fine however it was because( kinda my fault) I tried to make it 7-B.

Let's remember that the earthquake was calced 6-C and 7-A for some time and could also be High 8-C if we consider magnitude 3 due to it not causing any destruction.
If you think that it's debatable, that's precisely the problem.

What truly bother me is that his earthquake could have been tiered below or above as well if we simply worked differently. Due to the earthquake power chart being very extended on the power scales, and the earthquake itself being vague to calculate. In doubt, we should stop considering it. Especially when half the cast downscales from him. Or else we'll probably never have a definitive scaling for god-tier and top-tier characters. And IMO that's a bigger problem than the tier of only Yujiro.

Can you link me the giga-punch feat so I know this is the one I'm thinking of? (And maybe see if I can calc it myself)
From memory I don't see it being way higher than 8-A anyway.

Last edited:
Let's remember that the earthquake was calced 6-C and 7-A for some time and could also be High 8-C if we consider magnitude 3 due to it not causing any destruction.
If you think that it's debatable, that's precisely the problem.
If I'm not mistaken, Baki characters were considered 6-C for a time here because of the scan of Oliva throwing Guevara on the ground so hard that the GPS systems of the planet stopped working, which was false.

Personally, this looks fine. I still think they are Low 7-B-ish, but I agree that 8-A is a much safer place for them to be.

The only issue I see is that a lot of the weaker characters really shouldn’t be scaling directly to the 8-B+ feat. That feat severely hurt SOO Baki. A lot of characters who are vastly below Baki should downscale to 8-B. Also SOO Base Baki should just be 8-B+ without the likely higher since like I said it severely hurt him.

Dou Doppo scales to Retsu so he should also be 8-B. Taketsurugi scales to Doppo in AP but could totally have 8-B+ in durability. Same goes for Honoo and Shachihoko. Both of them were completely unable to damage Baki or Hanayama but showcased incredible durability and endurance.

I also don’t see the reasoning for Katsumi to have 8-B+ on his base stats even with Retsu’s spirit. He’s never been able to reach that level aside from hitless blow. Dou Retsu deserves 8-B+ for his fight with Musashi but Katsumi only inherited Retsu’s skills and techniques, not his power. Shishimaru on the other hand might actually deserve 8-B+ since he was shown to be much physically stronger than Katsumi. And he’d defiantly have 8-B+ in durability without a doubt. Dude was a tank.

Everything aside from that looks spot on to me.

Dou Doppo scales to Retsu so he should also be 8-B. Taketsurugi scales to Doppo in AP but could totally have 8-B+ in durability. Same goes for Honoo and Shachihoko. Both of them were completely unable to damage Baki or Hanayama but showcased incredible durability and endurance.

I also don’t see the reasoning for Katsumi to have 8-B+ on his base stats even with Retsu’s spirit. He’s never been able to reach that level aside from hitless blow. Dou Retsu deserves 8-B+ for his fight with Musashi but Katsumi only inherited Retsu’s skills and techniques, not his power. Shishimaru on the other hand might actually deserve 8-B+ since he was shown to be much physically stronger than Katsumi. And he’d defiantly have 8-B+ in durability without a doubt. Dude was a tank.

Everything aside from that looks spot on to me.
I agree with Amlad's ideas.

Nothing, I was just waiting for Sir_Ovens' input.
Isn't the approval of a staff member mandatory?

Yes it is. You might have to message the staff members directly rather than just mentioning them on this thread.

I did all the changes and added a note to Yujiro's page about the nuclear bomb and the earthquake to prevent another change due to these feats.

I did all the changes and added a note to Yujiro's page about the nuclear bomb and the earthquake to prevent another change due to these feats.
I would change the note about the earthquake. It’s more that we don’t know the value of it rather than it being an outlier

Back