• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bahamut tier

The_Living_Tribunal1

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
The current tier of Bahamut is listed as 3-A with the reasoning being that is is more massive than the observable universe. But I think this is not a good reasoning. The results of its mass come from this thread , and the first response is used for the tier. The first response gives a result of 10^27 solar masses as a mass of Bahamut. However if we used a mass reasoning, then something like 10^60 J would translate to over 5 trillion solar masses which is more than the mass of a galaxy. However 10^60 J is only multi solar system level by our tables, so using this method, we get 4-A > 3-C. Furthermore if we converted all of Bahamut's mass to energy, we only get 1.8 * 10^74 J. The energy needed to destroy the observable universe alone is 7.11 * 10^92 J, and that is just the observable universe, with the whole universe requiring a lot more energy than that to be destroyed (because it is much bigger). So Bahamut would need to weigh 3.95 quintillion x more to have enough mass to equal the energy needed to destroy the observable universe (which is still multi galaxy level as the observable universe is not even the whole universe btw).

But the current mass is enough for a 3-B ranking according to the AP chart.

However, this brings me to another point. Bahamut's density in the post is assumed to be the same as the Sun's, and the sun's average density is a little more than that of water, and the density of a fish is comparable to that of water (so in this case, bahamut's density is roughly that of a fish), however, I see this as being a high end value. The fish is at its density in the water so as to remain afloat and in control of its motion in water, so as a low end, I would propose the density of bahamut being comparable to that of a nebula (with the cosmic gas clouds being analogous to seas and bahamut being analogous to a fish; hence in this case, its functionalitty would more resemble that of a fish than the high end comparison). In the low end case, Bahamut, simply with its size alone would be multi solar system level.

So I propose a tier change which would give bahamut a tier range with a low end and a high end, with multi solar system level being a low end and multi galaxy level being a high end, so "At least 4-A, possibly/likely 3-B"

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but would prefer more staff input.

You can inform Matthew Schroeder about this thread.

Not giving an opinion just yet, just highlighting since it seems like not many are responding and that you and Ant want some input.

I think most people would mistake Bahamut more massive than the universe to be 3-A, so if this downgrade is happening some explanation like LT said Layman's terms should be added to prevent questioning/threads to make him 3-A.

@Ryukama A footnote explanation would be necessary, yes.

Likely 3-B seems more appropriate. Just remember to add a footnote explanation.

Back