• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Babylon 5 Profiles?

Hey. I'm wondering, given we have profiles for Trek and Star Wars, why not create some threads for Babylon 5 too?

I'm writing down list of powers for Babylon 5 characters.

KOSH NARANEK

Dream Manipulation

Flight

Telepathy

Immortality (Type 1)

Illusion Creation

GREAT MACHINE

Energy Projection

Precognition

Cosmic Awareness

TALIA WINTERS

Telepathy

Illusion Control

Memory Manipulation

Mind Manipulation

Telekinesis

I was asked to comment here, but do not know anything about Babylon 5.

Oh I see. Sorry, lol. Still, these are all 100% legit. Just trying to build a base to help the wiki grow, and your presence could be great if I come up with some mock profiles.

I'm still watching through. I've begun Season 3. There are five. I'm assuming that would be Lorien, as the first sentient being, though it could be Kosh Naranek.

Their ships, however... the Vorlons have planet killers that can even take out gas giants (at least from what I've heard, will confirm soon) and the Shadows have planet killers too, plus a "Death Cloud" that can render a planet's surface uninhabitable.

I recommend writing profile drafts in your blog first.

A probe in B5 just declared to explode with the force of "500,000 megatons." How much would that be?

I think Kosh could be rated small city tier. Do you think this explanation holds up, primarily that he is comparable, as is presented within the context of the show, as being able equal to one of the Shadows, and three came to kill him? When he died, his energy passing washed over the entire station, which is described as being five miles long. If you want visual reference to how big Babylon 5 is, well, here's a chart, stacked up against other ships and stations in fiction, with other descriptions of how big they are.

http://www.merzo.net/indexSD.html

It's further down the page.

Also, would this count as Lightning Manipulation, Energy Projection (given that when he died, an electrical/energy wave passed over the station, again?), or just plain old TK? What he does to Sheridan here?

Vlcsnap-6251-03-29-18h29m24s347.png

Sheridan presses Kosh, who slams him up against the wall as energy dances over him.

I don't know. Sorry. You can ask some administrators and discussion moderators to comment here if you wish: VS Battles Staff

Would being able to destroy something five miles in size count as small city or normal city sized?

Well, you can try again. If it does not work, you can politely ask a few of the calc group members directly via their message walls: VS Battles Staff

Hey, what superpower would this be classified as: The ability to "break off" a "piece" of your consciousness and let it in another body to wander the galaxy as your eyes and ears? To me, it resembles what Voldemort did with his Horcruxes, and Babylon 5 has mentioned souls before. Should this go under Soul Manipulation?

Okay, I think I've got Kosh's profile pretty solidly worked out, and gimme a few more days to progress B5 and fine-tine it. I'll present it to you, O Wise Bureaucrat, for authentification.

Well, I am likely the wrong person to ask, but I will give it a check-through.

Hey, Ant, what would electricity manipulation fall under? Because Vorlons can apparently shoot out electric tendrils. And emit a very high-pitched sound that shatters glass. What about that? What would those two fall under?

Oh and Ant, if you do create a Kosh profile out of this, remove the "Naranek" from his name. I learned that's part of the language and not part of his name. His name is Kosh.

The draft profile uses guesswork statistics, so it is not acceptable. Sorry.

o_O

Guesswork? How? These are all powers the Vorlons are shown to use, and they could destroy Babylon 5, an area five miles in size. Why on Earth do you think I'm resorting to speculation and not the minimum baseline of what was shown within the show, with the death of Kosh and Kosh vs. Ulkesh?

What do you think I could do to improve this?

You do not properly explain why you have placed he statistics within the page, and also preferably need an accepted calculation for the feat you mentioned.

I'm revising the profile. I think I got someone to help with the calc. What would being able to sense a person or world touched by the "Shadows" count as? They can sense this from light-aways away, apparently. The Shadows are basically a type of alien lifeform, the same as them.

What do you think of Kosh's profile so far on my blog?

I also would really love a calc of Jason Ironheart shaking the station, because then we could finally pin down Kosh's AP and DC.

Back