• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
COTE needs more speed calcs definitely, but also AP calcs. I have seen various characters have hypersonic levels of speed due to their verses, but still cap at street level. Not only that, the calc you posted can have transonic to supersonic speed if I am not mistaken, since Tsukishiro's normal punches would be at Shiba's level which were FTS (343 m/s). And also, someone put 686 m/s (supersonic) from my calc, but I don't know why they did. I asked for reasons but I haven't got my reply. The end approved was 401.31 m/s, which means that COTE would be getting bumped up to at least supersonic for now.

Also, we just got to wait for the feat where Ayanokoji makes Nanase's hair fly. If the range of the attack (the winds blown) are up to 10 meters, then I do think that it should be at least transonic and a shock wave. Some people even argue that it can even be an atmosphere pierce, which is High Hypersonic (11 km/s or 11000 m/s), but that's only a possibility. As soon as the anime adapts the scene, we got to discuss about it in a thread. Also, multiple translations of COTE even take Housen's tennis serve as "as fast and powerful as a cannonball".

That thing would scale the verse to a fine level too. Let's wait and see how anime adapts it, and if it really takes it as a cannonball.

Also, here's the translation for the cannonball thing (it's on the internet): and the source is https://asuralightnovel.com/novel/classroom-of-the-elite/chapter-671/

And here's the calc:

I would be assuming that the cannonball would be as big as a tennis ball.

Cannonball/Tennis ball radius = 6.54 cm
Volume = 4/3*3.14*6.54*6.54*6.54 = 1171.12063 cc
Cannonballs are made up of iron, and density of iron = 7.874g/cc
Mass of the cannonball = 7.874*1171.12063 = 9221.40384 g = 9.22140384 kg
Modern cannonballs are thrown at insane speeds of 700 m/s to even 1200 m/s (supersonic - supersonic+), but I would be using the speed of a medieval cannonball, which is 106 mph = 47.38624 m/s

KE = 0.5*9.22140384*47.38624*47.38624 = 10353.1271 J

Now, to find the speed of the tennis racket/Housen, I would be using the mass of a tennis ball, which is 50 g = 0.05 kg

Speed = sqrt[(10353.1271)/(0.5*0.05)] = 643.525512 m/s

Now, it was said that Housen swung his arm round open, which would be 180deg.

Length of a tennis racket for professionals = 29 in = 0.7366 m and (-0.25 m) is 0.4866 m (deducting the grip size)
Housen's height is argued to be 1.8 m which is as tall as Sudo. The length of his arm = 48%*1.8 = 0.864 m

Just to lowball, I am assuming that Housen struck through the upper top, which is not possible, but still. So, 0.4866+0.864 = 1.3506 m

"Swung round open" means 180deg which is (2*3.14*180)/360 or 3.14. So the distance travelled in total = 3.14*1.3506 = 4.240884 m

Time taken = 4.240884/643.525512 = 0.00659007906 s

Housen's arm speed = (0.864*3.14)/0.00659007906 = 411.673362 m/s (supersonic)

Now, Ayanokoji could be faster than Housen's perception because he could place his arm before Housen's knife, giving no time to him to react. It has even been mentioned that Housen didn't want to hurt his arm.

Ayanokoji's arm length = 0.8448 m
Housen's arm length = 0.864 m

Distance = 0.8448+0.864 = 1.7088 m

Housen's perception should be supersonic or 0.00265041081 seconds.

Ayanokoji's speed = 1.7088/0.00265041081 = 644.730241 m/s (supersonic)

Also, when the anime adapts this and if it is like this, then please make a thread and mention my name too. We both would be able to argue in the CRT if any criticism happens.

COTE needs more speed calcs definitely, but also AP calcs. I have seen various characters have hypersonic levels of speed due to their verses, but still cap at street level. Not only that, the calc you posted can have transonic to supersonic speed if I am not mistaken, since Tsukishiro's normal punches would be at Shiba's level which were FTS (343 m/s). And also, someone put 686 m/s (supersonic) from my calc, but I don't know why they did. I asked for reasons but I haven't got my reply. The end approved was 401.31 m/s, which means that COTE would be getting bumped up to at least supersonic for now.

Also, we just got to wait for the feat where Ayanokoji makes Nanase's hair fly. If the range of the attack (the winds blown) are up to 10 meters, then I do think that it should be at least transonic and a shock wave. Some people even argue that it can even be an atmosphere pierce, which is High Hypersonic (11 km/s or 11000 m/s), but that's only a possibility. As soon as the anime adapts the scene, we got to discuss about it in a thread. Also, multiple translations of COTE even take Housen's tennis serve as "as fast and powerful as a cannonball".

That thing would scale the verse to a fine level too. Let's wait and see how anime adapts it, and if it really takes it as a cannonball.

Also, here's the translation for the cannonball thing (it's on the internet): and the source is https://asuralightnovel.com/novel/classroom-of-the-elite/chapter-671/

And here's the calc:

I would be assuming that the cannonball would be as big as a tennis ball.

Cannonball/Tennis ball radius = 6.54 cm
Volume = 4/3*3.14*6.54*6.54*6.54 = 1171.12063 cc
Cannonballs are made up of iron, and density of iron = 7.874g/cc
Mass of the cannonball = 7.874*1171.12063 = 9221.40384 g = 9.22140384 kg
Modern cannonballs are thrown at insane speeds of 700 m/s to even 1200 m/s (supersonic - supersonic+), but I would be using the speed of a medieval cannonball, which is 106 mph = 47.38624 m/s

KE = 0.5*9.22140384*47.38624*47.38624 = 10353.1271 J

Now, to find the speed of the tennis racket/Housen, I would be using the mass of a tennis ball, which is 50 g = 0.05 kg

Speed = sqrt[(10353.1271)/(0.5*0.05)] = 643.525512 m/s

Now, it was said that Housen swung his arm round open, which would be 180deg.

Length of a tennis racket for professionals = 29 in = 0.7366 m and (-0.25 m) is 0.4866 m (deducting the grip size)
Housen's height is argued to be 1.8 m which is as tall as Sudo. The length of his arm = 48%*1.8 = 0.864 m

Just to lowball, I am assuming that Housen struck through the upper top, which is not possible, but still. So, 0.4866+0.864 = 1.3506 m

"Swung round open" means 180deg which is (2*3.14*180)/360 or 3.14. So the distance travelled in total = 3.14*1.3506 = 4.240884 m

Time taken = 4.240884/643.525512 = 0.00659007906 s

Housen's arm speed = (0.864*3.14)/0.00659007906 = 411.673362 m/s (supersonic)

Now, Ayanokoji could be faster than Housen's perception because he could place his arm before Housen's knife, giving no time to him to react. It has even been mentioned that Housen didn't want to hurt his arm.

Ayanokoji's arm length = 0.8448 m
Housen's arm length = 0.864 m

Distance = 0.8448+0.864 = 1.7088 m

Housen's perception should be supersonic or 0.00265041081 seconds.

Ayanokoji's speed = 1.7088/0.00265041081 = 644.730241 m/s (supersonic)

Also, when the anime adapts this and if it is like this, then please make a thread and mention my name too. We both would be able to argue in the CRT if any criticism happens.

Sorry. But, I’m pretty sure the Hosen stuff is a hyperbole. Although it would be supercool to see it. I doubt Hosen is going as fast as a canon ball and multiple translations say it goes as fast as a bullet or faster than the eye. So I don’t know about all of that but I do think the Nanase stuff is a shockwave at least transonic speeds. The high hypersonic stuff was debunked on a thread a while ago.
Ayanokouji should be faster than hosens reactions not his perception but same thing.

In another translation it said his strike went as fast as a bullet.

wall level + cote is crazy lmao.

You just have to wait for the calculations to be approved by CGMs before creating the CRT.

Sorry. But, I’m pretty sure the Hosen stuff is a hyperbole. Although it would be supercool to see it. I doubt Hosen is going as fast as a canon ball and multiple translations say it goes as fast as a bullet or faster than the eye. So I don’t know about all of that but I do think the Nanase stuff is a shockwave at least transonic speeds. The high hypersonic stuff was debunked on a thread a while ago.
Ayanokouji should be faster than hosens reactions not his perception but same thing.

Tbh, it can be a hyperbole and not at the same time, since COTE is a light novel in the end.

Also, I found a calc which I did months ago for Ayanokouji blitzing Ichika.

The current VSBW accepted result is at 172.413793 m/s. But I certainly don't think it as that way. There are mainly two reasons for that:
1. It only calculates the distance traveled by Ayanokouji to blitz Ichika at a distance of 5 meters, meaning that Ichika would be able to react in the next moment.
2. The second reason is the first reason itself. We are assuming that it would take Ayanokouji the same time to save Kushida too, which is false. Ayanokouji had to trick Ichika's perception and save Kushida from her grip too. He not only has to travel the distance but also save Kushida too. And that would of course require more time for her.

What I calced from is using the feat itself. Feat:

"Laughing, Amasawa loosened her grip on Kushida's right hand, even if only slightly. At the moment I kicked the ground and dove in just as Amasawa switched to a motion to break her arm."

"even if only slightly" clearly shows that Amasawa made some movement, and Ayanokouji blitzed in the exact same moment as Amasawa loosened her grip over Kushida's arm.

"dove in just as Amasawa switched to a motion to break her arm" means that Ayanokouji did the movement in the exact same timeframe as Amasawa switched to a motion to break Kushida's arm.

What we need to know is how much time it took Amasawa to do the movement. The movement of course would be very small (because of the phrase "only slightly", so let's assume that Amasawa moves her arm 1 inch while loosening her grip over Kushida's arm.

1 inch = 0.0254 m

Amasawa's speed is subsonic, but let's assume that she used baseline subsonic (34.3 m/s). The reason why I am saying that she would try to use her maximum speed is because she was against Ayanokouji, the one who literally asked her if she thought that she could break Kushida's arm before he could get to her, and she had to literally perform at her absolute highest speed to even do something like that.

Timeframe = 0.0254/34.3 = 0.000740524781 seconds

Speed (just to reach her) = 5/0.000740524781 = 6751.96851 m/s (Hypersonic+)

But as I know, there are many people who would like to make various downgrades about this, and the best part is that they even get accepted. No one would see the calc, but only majority would win. 🥲

Excessive assumption-making is something that I really detest.
Yes, that's why I never really posted it.

Also, do you think that I should make a thread about bumping WR students to supersonic too?

If WR students like Ichika and Yagami are supersonic.

Then, the Ichika-blitz feat would have supersonic perception in respect, which is 0.00265041081 seconds.

And Ayanokouji's ultimate speed would be 5/0.00265041081 = 1886.5 m/s (hypersonic)

Do tell me your views.

Ngl I'm not sure about the standard reaction speed in this wiki. Sometimes I see that 1/(character speed) can be used as a reaction, but sometimes it's not the case. I think it's better to consult someone with knowledge about standard reaction speed. I can't provide an answer.

Ngl I'm not sure about the standard reaction speed in this wiki. Sometimes I see that 1/(character speed) can be used as a reaction, but sometimes it's not the case. I think it's better to consult someone with knowledge about standard reaction speed. I can't provide an answer.
Sorry for that, I used sources from another scaling site since they provide a lot of digits.

According to the official VSBW reactions and perceptions sources, it is here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reactions_and_Perceptions

The provided thing for supersonic is 0.00265 seconds, which when applied to the feat, would give the results as 5/0.00265 = 1886.79245 m/s (Hypersonic) too. And yes, I am making a thread about bumping the WR students to supersonic.

Check out Rules Regarding Reaction Speed and Scaling first.
  1. Reaction speed has both a distance and a timeframe component, so all calculations that are completed for reaction speed cannot simply be a timeframe by itself. Do not randomly assume a 1 meter distance for each timeframe and use that speed for the reaction speed. Other way around, perception time is just a timeframe and by that not proportional to a speed value alone. Do not assume that a character with a certain speed will have a perception time of 1 meter divided by that speed. Such calculations need a feat that demonstrates perception time and a suitable distance determined from that feat.

Check out Rules Regarding Reaction Speed and Scaling first.
  1. Reaction speed has both a distance and a timeframe component, so all calculations that are completed for reaction speed cannot simply be a timeframe by itself. Do not randomly assume a 1 meter distance for each timeframe and use that speed for the reaction speed. Other way around, perception time is just a timeframe and by that not proportional to a speed value alone. Do not assume that a character with a certain speed will have a perception time of 1 meter divided by that speed. Such calculations need a feat that demonstrates perception time and a suitable distance determined from that feat.
Yeah, but the previous calc used the 0.029 seconds perception time (which is subsonic in the official reactions and perceptions page) for the same Ichika-blitz feat and was accepted by the calc group members too. So, if we are able to bump WR students to the level of supersonic, I am pretty sure we can use perception times provided for supersonic in the application too.

Yeah, but the previous calc used the 0.029 seconds perception time (which is subsonic in the official reactions and perceptions page) for the same Ichika-blitz feat and was accepted by the calc group members too. So, if we are able to bump WR students to the level of supersonic, I am pretty sure we can use perception times provided for supersonic in the application too.
I disagree with the old calculation. Therefore, even if the CGMs agree with it, because it does not comply with the rules, I just want a reason why it has been accepted. Once again, because I have seen some cases where it cannot be done like that.

I disagree with the old calculation. Therefore, even if the CGMs agree with it, because it does not comply with the rules, I just want a reason why it has been accepted. Once again, because I have seen some cases where it cannot be done like that.
Fair enough, I wouldn't force you.

Should I delete the CRT?

Back