• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^For the same reason OP characters cannot free themselves from simple ropes and flee from fodder marines with rifles. Plot convenience.

Gargoyle 1 said:
He can do it whenever he enters the state, heck he did it on a whim when the moon was destroyed
No I mean him using the Ocean Spirit to take that form. The moon being destroyed is irrelevant as it has nothing to do with the Ocean Spirits power over the oceans. And Aang cannot just enter that state whenever he wants he needs the ocean spirit to combine with him. Otherwise he would have taken that form later on in the series whenever he went into the A.S. to fight.

Since its a form that requires both Aang and the Ocean Spirit, its not something he can use in everyday fights as its outside help (unless he specifically starts out in this form) and it shouldnt scale due to no one having feats to scale to the O.S. and its a combination anyway.

The real cal howard said:
That's false for many reasons, Kukui.
With all due respect Cal, I fail to see how I am wrong here.

Aang clearly needs the Ocean Spirit in order to take that giant blue form as he never does so again in the entire series when it would be 100% neccesary like when fighting against Ozai. Unless im missing something, its not a transformation he can take alone. Even the Avatar Wikia admits its a form taken when both Aang and La combine to form it. So unless Aang has a separate key for this and starts out in a fight like this, he can't just become the Koizilla mid-fight as it would be outside help.

@Kukui for real? God that's brilliant.

So as I'm not being a nuisance I also think it's best to keep the "Koizilla" key separate and not scale it to anyone. Since as far as we know Aang can't access it on his own

If anyone here has checked my calculation regarding the water spirit (especially you Kukui), are you guys okay with the speed values obtained for the Water Spirit, and for Aang's speed in Avatar form?

Hypersonic+ speed, although it would be appreciated if someone could tell me the episode where Korra deflects an explosion. We may be able to obtain speed values similar to what we got for Avatar Aang's feat.

Reason no. 1, the moon spirit was recently revived at best, and st worst that would split the calc by two. Mind you that this is an element he hadn't mastered yet.

Reason no. 2, Aang couldn't use the avatar state for most of Oxai's battle, and when he could, he stomped him anyway.

What does the moon spirit being revived have to do with it? And true that he couldnt but that still wouldnt mean he can take this form whenever he wants as we have no proof of that. If he could take that form on his own La wouldnt have separated Aang from himself, he would have simply left the blue form and have Aang continue fighting as Koizilla.

What? No. They combined their power into Koizilla (Kukui was right. That is the canon name). It's a fusion. So like I said above, divide the power by two.

I would like to re-check Gwy's explosion calculation if possible. If it results in a higher value than what it was previously, Hypersonic+ Avatar is definitely possible here.

• Giant Korra vs Giant Unalaq
  • Korra deflecting an explosion
  • Aang reacting to an explosion
Those are the main speed feats. If we can get a speed value for those, we scale Korra/Aang and the rest who scale to the above feats.

So like I said above, divide the power by two.

As everyone else had stated, there is no justification for the Ocean Spirit and Aang's Avatar State contributing to the wave feat in equal parts.

In fact, the Ocean Spirit did most of the work during that feat considering Aang did not have proper control over the Avatar state at that point in the series.

Actually to be fair Cal's point about splitting the power in 2 might not be completely wrong. Yes I'm aware that there is no obvious evidence that Aang did in fact contribute, but keeping in mind that the Avatar state isn't simply a boost in power but is also a massive boost in skill and experience (as it is the collective consciousness and power of all past Avatars) what Aang didn't control at this point was the ability to directly "drive" as it were the thoughts that directed the Avatar state, so I don't think Aang not having direct command over the AS should be reason enough not to give some credit to him.

It depends on the yield of Kiyoshi's island feat and Korra's feats as an Avatar.

You can split the water spirit have feat value into two halves, and it would still yield 8 Gigatons (Island level) for the Water Spirit and Aang's Avatat State respectively, which is still ridiculously high to the point of being an outlier.

@Lina

My bad Lina I didn't reply to your question. Im still sort of on the fence about the suggested speed ratings and for now would like to see what everyone else says.

@Lina well then I guess it's up to the other feats, though if the other feats don't match I'd say there should at least be a key for "Koizilla" Aang (basically Aang fused with the ocean spirit). U know all this talk about the lore of Avatar has me very interested in its "cosmology" I never saw Korra but heard it dives deeper into this than the original series, is it worth the time?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
@Lina

My bad Lina I didn't reply to your question. Im still sort of on the fence about the suggested speed ratings and for now would like to see what everyone else says.
Let's just say that they are not going to be Massively Hypersonic. That is for sure.

If they are no longer Massively Hypersonic (for sure), in the meantime wouldn't it be best to go with the lower numbers so as to not further confuse those looking to these profiles for information?

Agreed, this needs to be dealt with, but Lina has been missing for a while now, so I am not sure if it is going to happen.

A year later, is there a possibility to get this change going again? Or is something like this just dead, despite it affecting an entire series.

You will have to start a new content revision thread. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back