• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I hope we see Zuko lightning bend in the film. All the cards are there (peace of mind, technique), it's just that we never got to see him do it. He even got to do some rainbow fire. Just throw him a bone.

I don't recall there being an island near Cranefish Town, so having Aang pull up some Earth to form Airbender Island would be wicked.

Buma still has the strongest showing of Earth bending with his liberation of Omashu. It would be neat if Toph got a crazy showing as well.

I'm hoping Azula came around and dropped the wanting to twist Zuko into being a tyrant. Maybe have her be the fire bending teacher at an academy or someone else like that. Have her be the one that enabled the proliferation of lightning generation, revealing how she developed quick fire lightning.

Mai is most likely Izumi's mother, but I think it would be kind of interesting if he actually formed a relationship with Suki that is kind of, not really implied in the book. Real suspicious with the following him.

Unless I'm losing it, I believe the Red Lotus broke away from the White Lotus, so seeing Zaheer and his comrades would be cool.

I hope we see Zuko lightning bend in the film. All the cards are there (peace of mind, technique), it's just that we never got to see him do it. He even got to do some rainbow fire. Just throw him a bone.
Isn't he only able to just redirect lightning? Not necessarily being able to generate it for himself?

A film focusing on how the Fire Nation got to where it is would be interesting, with a greater focus on wars and the politics between nations.

Isn't he only able to just redirect lightning? Not necessarily being able to generate it for himself?
Zuko's ability to generate lightning is ambitious to put it lightly. We saw Iroh teach him the technique, and we were told why he couldn't do it at the time. Since then, his body literally fought his changing character, he reaffirmed who he was and in doing so lost his source of fire vending, then tears a new form of fire bending and now draws his power from himself. He should be capable, but he just hasn't done it. He was taught lightning is deadly, and it did kill Aang. As we're shown with Aaang and at least implied by Zuko himself, lightning redirecting stuff has an effect on you. So, you could assume that when he redirects Azula's lightning at her, and then later her doing the same to him, it's lessened. Azula's quick fire technique and LoK does throw a wrench into this, but we can still believably assume charge up determines lethality. All of that is to say Zuko would only use it to kill someone, and has simply not found a need to do just that. Fightning Ghazan would've been a good time to use it, but it seems he wasn't built to fight at 85, unlike other old masters, so it's negligible. The Red Lotus were imprisoned as well, and that was the goal even after they escaped, with their deaths just being spur of the moment things.

If not 18 year old Zuko, then the mid 20s Zuko we'll see in the films should be, unless he didn't attempt it for some reason. Aang wouldn't use it to kill, but if Zuko did finalize the technique, and get to Azula's level with it (possible given rainbow fire), Aang could use the non lethal moves.

But fr though, wouldn't the fact that Ozai reacted to the sun's energy coming out mean that this is an impressive feat? Yeah, he's not dodging sunlight cause he can't see it, but we see the brightness of the sun peeking out from behind the moon and he reacts in two seconds. Wheras it takes light 1.2 seconds to travel from the Earth to the moon.

Back