• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At which temperature freezes the own breath?

Hi, as you can see it on the title, I would like to know at which degree the own breath starts to freeze.
I work on a character profile and in one of the chapters the protagonist enters a planet where his body and breath start to freeze. I tried to find an answer on my own, but it was unsuccessful. The best source I could find was a YouTube video which linked a website in its description which once contained these values, but when I looked into it, it seems it was deleted.
Then I found a forum where it was said that 58 Kelvin, which would be -215.15 °C, would be the value where oxygen freezes. However, this was just this one forum and I thought it wouldn't be accepted by this community, which is why I didn't take it in my profile.

And that's why I'm here now. I hope I'm not too annoying or intrusive. I'm really just curious and want to make an accurate profile, nothing else.

So, I hope it is ok that I post my question here.

since exhaled air is nitrogen – 78% oxygen – 17% carbon dioxide – 4%
i think you take the lowest freezing temp of the three (?) which is oxygen −218.79c
nitrogen is -210c, and it's the largest part, idk which u should pick but they're pretty close anyway

since exhaled air is nitrogen – 78% oxygen – 17% carbon dioxide – 4%
i think you take the lowest freezing temp of the three (?) which is oxygen −218.79c
nitrogen is -210c, and it's the largest part, idk which u should pick but they're pretty close anyway
Thanks for the answer!
That helps a lot. In this case, I think I will orientate myself on the nitrogen measurement.
Thanks again.

actually i found a better answer

since compounds have different freezing points than their components (idk how i forgot that, I'm bad at science), air actually freezes at −213.2 °C

Back