• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(CONCLUDED) Ash's Pikachu VS Not Sparky

Peppypony

She/Her
Considering Animasapians takes inspiration from Pokémon, why not? Also there's a Pikachu in the anime called "Sparky" so yeah.

Starting distance: 5 meters

Speed is equal

Original Series-Best Wishes Series Pikachu and Base form Sparkie are used.

Otherwise, SBA.

Pikachu: 3 (Cul0r, me and Coloniel)

Sparkie: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Hunh. I didn't realize we allowed VSBW versus FC-OC. Well then....
Going by.... A calculation by DMUA in the Calculation Requests 2 Thread, Sparkie scales to 3.3169064e+18 Joules, 792.759660484 Megatons, Mountain level+ ?
What exact value does Ash's Pikachu scale to?
Also, viewing Sparkie's profile, seems like there may have been some mistakes in writing it.

I think is allowed but we can't add them for obvious reasons, worst case scenario we move to fun and games.

Hunh. I didn't realize we allowed VSBW versus FC-OC. Well then....
Going by.... A calculation by DMUA in the Calculation Requests 2 Thread, Sparkie scales to 3.3169064e+18 Joules, 792.759660484 Megatons, Mountain level+ ?
What exact value does Ash's Pikachu scale to?
Also, viewing Sparkie's profile, seems like there may have been some mistakes in writing it.
Pikachu scales to At least 790 Megatons by being able to match and KO final stage Pokémon such as Raichu

Oh! I was actually surprised to already see this many comments on the thread. Yeah FCOC vs VSBATTLES matches are allowed but can only be added to the FCOC profile as John said.

Yeah Sparkie fought the Weaping Widower who did the 792 megatons feat (only two megatons higher than Pikachu), but she had two other characters fighting alongside her, meaning that she's below that feat.

Honestly Sparkie's profile seems fine to me, but anyone is free to prove otherwise to me outside this thread. :)

I guess for now, the question is how does Sparkie (attempt to?) handle Pikachu's higher AP/Durability, assuming she notices the difference in time?

Well she's going to use Future Strike once every ten seconds (starting ten seconds after the beginning of the fight), but the first thing she will start off with is her stat boosts. While there aren't any exact numbers or multipliers on how high they enhance, there are feats to show how high they get.

AP boost: She was able to take down Ashley whose durability is comparable to her ap (without the stat boosts) in three hits one time. She's been able to use this combined with her enhanced speed (which she uses for defence) to even take down beings more powerful than her just like Pikachu.
Speed boost: Sparkie managed to dodge an energy explosion at less than a meter away from point blank which Ashley whose speed is comparable to Sparkie's (without the stat boosts) failed to react to in time. She also manages to land a hit on her opponents normally 5-7 times before those as fast as Sparkie (again without the stat boosts) before they do as well. She even managed to do so against someone who also had durability a bit lower than their ap which was high enough to one shot her, but it was only around 20 seconds before Sparkie got one-shot, oof.
Precognition should come in handy too and let's not forget the very limited Animsapian death hax.

Even though Sparkie can use speed as her defence, she won't become fast enough to the point where those comparable to her speed (once again before the stat boosts) will be completely unable to even land a single hit on her whatsoever. So yeah the fact that Sparkie's durability is lower and the stat boosts don't even enhance them is still a pain in the butt for her, especially since Pikachu has Agility.

Speaking of Agility, I know it enhances speed by 2x when you use it once and even 4x after using it three times in the games, but do we agree with using that multiplier in debates here or do we consider that unreliable and only game mechanics?

Well she's going to use Future Strike once every ten seconds (starting ten seconds after the beginning of the fight), but the first thing she will start off with is her stat boosts. While there aren't any exact numbers or multipliers on how high they enhance, there are feats to show how high they get.

AP boost: She was able to take down Ashley whose durability is comparable to her ap (without the stat boosts) in three hits one time. She's been able to use this combined with her enhanced speed (which she uses for defence) to even take down beings more powerful than her just like Pikachu.
So she can take down stronger foes with her enhanced speed... but this is Speed Equalized.
Although, speed increases that occur within the match will still apply (Ex: If a Pokemon uses Agility or an RPG character boosts their speed with a Haste spell or a Super Saiyan form boosts Speed, that speed boost applies, if it occurred within, not before the match.) so she MIGHT be able to make use of this?
Speed boost: Sparkie managed to dodge an energy explosion at less than a meter away from point blank which Ashley whose speed is comparable to Sparkie's (without the stat boosts) failed to react to in time. She also manages to land a hit on her opponents normally 5-7 times before those as fast as Sparkie (again without the stat boosts) before they do as well. She even managed to do so against someone who also had durability a bit lower than their ap which was high enough to one shot her, but it was only around 20 seconds before Sparkie got one-shot, oof.
You said: "She also manages to land a hit on her opponents normally 5-7 times before those as fast as Sparkie (again without the stat boosts) before they do as well."
So if I'm interpreting this right, it's meant to mean she can consistently hit opponents as fast as herself, multiple times, before they manage to hit her once? This sounds like a matter of skill.
Precognition should come in handy too and let's not forget the very limited Animsapian death hax.

Even though Sparkie can use speed as her defence, she won't become fast enough to the point where those comparable to her speed (once again before the stat boosts) will be completely unable to even land a single hit on her whatsoever. So yeah the fact that Sparkie's durability is lower and the stat boosts don't even enhance them is still a pain in the butt for her, especially since Pikachu has Agility.

Speaking of Agility, I know it enhances speed by 2x when you use it once and even 4x after using it three times in the games, but do we agree with using that multiplier in debates here or do we consider that unreliable and only game mechanics?
So, those comparable to pre-stat-boosted Sparkie should still be somewhat able to hit stat-boosted Sparkie?
Also, are you saying Sparkie has durability lower than her AP, & her boosts don't affect her Durability?

As far as I know, when it comes to Pokemon moves, we use the in-game values. Primarily because we still consider it canon & valid that the moves are Statistics Amplification, but we have no other metric of how much the moves affect the Statistics by.
The games are just as canon as the other entries in Pokemon, & the alternative is going: "Hey, how much does Agility boost by?" "I dunno." "Should we use stat stages?" "No, that's game mechanics!" "Great, so back to square one."

Whether you consider it gameplay or not, the games are still a valid part of the canon, & when we have evident multipliers from such a source, it's better to use them than not, so we at least have SOME kind of answer for the question in these threads.

So she can take down stronger foes with her enhanced speed... but this is Speed Equalized.
Although, speed increases that occur within the match will still apply (Ex: If a Pokemon uses Agility or an RPG character boosts their speed with a Haste spell or a Super Saiyan form boosts Speed, that speed boost applies, if it occurred within, not before the match.) so she MIGHT be able to make use of this?
Yes she increases her speed within combat which I already know is allowed anyways. Like your examples, I've also seen Ruby Rose as another example of someone who can enhance her speed, I'm pretty sure it's the first thing she does in a fight (I mean I know Sparkie does indeed start off with it) and I've seen that being allowed in speed equal matches.

You said: "She also manages to land a hit on her opponents normally 5-7 times before those as fast as Sparkie (again without the stat boosts) before they do as well."
So if I'm interpreting this right, it's meant to mean she can consistently hit opponents as fast as herself, multiple times, before they manage to hit her once? This sounds like a matter of skill.
What I meant was that she's able to do that against those comparable to pre-stat-boosted Sparkie which is why it's in the speed boost section. Sorry for not phrasing that any clearer.
So, those comparable to pre-stat-boosted Sparkie should still be somewhat able to hit stat-boosted Sparkie?
Also, are you saying Sparkie has durability lower than her AP
The answer to both of those questions is yes.
However, Sparkie is still able to survive hits from those with comparable ap to pre-stat-boosted Sparkie. Just not as well as those with durability as high as pre-stat-boosted Sparkie's ap.
& her boosts don't affect her Durability?
Nope.
As far as I know, when it comes to Pokemon moves, we use the in-game values. Primarily because we still consider it canon & valid that the moves are Statistics Amplification, but we have no other metric of how much the moves affect the Statistics by.
The games are just as canon as the other entries in Pokemon, & the alternative is going: "Hey, how much does Agility boost by?" "I dunno." "Should we use stat stages?" "No, that's game mechanics!" "Great, so back to square one."

Whether you consider it gameplay or not, the games are still a valid part of the canon, & when we have evident multipliers from such a source, it's better to use them than not, so we at least have SOME kind of answer for the question in these threads.
Fair enough and if I didn't agree then I would have to make a thread about it. I was asking because I feel like this could be the main thing that will
decide the victor. Also, if that's the case then why isn't for example: Lucario(non mega)'s ap not Large Mountain Level via Swords Dance? I mean you said "SOME kind of answer" so I'm going to assume it's not EXACTLY 4x? I mean Lucario scales to that 790 megatons number right? Baseline Large Mountain Level is a thousand megatons (aka a gigaton), Swords Dance can boost as high as 4x and 4 x 790 is definitely above a thousand.

Fair enough and if I didn't agree then I would have to make a thread about it. I was asking because I feel like this could be the main thing that will
decide the victor. Also, if that's the case then why isn't for example: Lucario(non mega)'s ap not Large Mountain Level via Swords Dance? I mean you said "SOME kind of answer" so I'm going to assume it's not EXACTLY 4x? I mean Lucario scales to that 790 megatons number right? Baseline Large Mountain Level is a thousand megatons (aka a gigaton), Swords Dance can boost as high as 4x and 4 x 790 is definitely above a thousand.
Presumably, we base our tiering of characters of how they are before multipliers applicable within their keys. Also, the in-game values are shady by way of being uncomfirmed by other mediums (But they aren't contradicted either.), & we might need more evidence before they're used like that. We know they provide some increase, but no evidence other than game mechanics, while good enough as a placeholder in versus threads, probably isn't good enough to base a Tier/Key change on.
Ultimately, whether or not they should be used for deciding if a Pokemon should have another tier/key, I suppose is a topic for another thread.

Welp, then whoever wins this all comes down to on whether Sparkie or Pikachu's going to be the fastest after they use their speed buffs. Well I don't know, does Pikachu normally start off with Agility?

I'm not sure how much he's started with Agility, although I would think Ash values Speed. When he started with Agility, IIRC, it was against Surge, & it was because Raichu was a brute with stronger physical attacks & stronger Electric attacks.

I forgot about Thunder Armour that increases physical attacks and leer lowers durability. Considering Sparkie's lower on 7-A than Pikachu and the fact she's a brawler, meaning that her durability is lower than her AP, yeah Leer is going to be deadly.

I think I'm siding more towards Pikachu to be honest, but I'm not voting yet (in FCOC matches people can vote on their own thread by the ways), I'd rather wait for more input from experts on Pikachu.

Nah forget it, if Pikachu can do that then Sparkie is pretty much screwed. Pikachu for my reasons.

Yeah I added this match to Sparkie's profile now. Sorry for not doing it sooner, college work got in the way a bit.

Last edited:
Back