• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Williams vs Guts

I'm surprised no one has done this match
-Speed=
-Both in 9-B
-They carry all their weapons
-Active Personalities

Based on what? Is there a revision thread ongoing or something, cuz I haven't seen anything.
His 9-B justification is no longer 9-B, or at least is in the process of being downgraded. He scales to Grizzly Bears which will soon no longer be 9-B.

His 9-B justification is no longer 9-B, or at least is in the process of being downgraded. He scales to Grizzly Bears which will soon no longer be 9-B.
Oh, I see. Yea, I guess that makes sense. But still, he's capable of easily slicing through steel armor with his sword swings and shatter a mace with his sword. Wouldn't that be enough justification for 9-B even without the grizzly bear feat? Can regular humans even slice through steel armor with a single swing?

Oh, I see. Yea, I guess that makes sense. But still, he's capable of easily slicing through steel armor with his sword swings and shatter a mace with his sword. Wouldn't that be enough justification for 9-B even without the grizzly bear feat? Can regular humans even slice through steel armor with a single swing?
Steel is 9-C.

Dunno.

Well, supposing that some of the real-life large animals do indeed get downgraded, someone should still do some calculations for the mace feat. Besides, other evidence for 9-B is that when Guts and Griffith fought against Zodd, both Guts and Griffith were sent flying into stone pillars which caused the pillars to crack, and Guts was capable of fighting in spite of this, which should be enough evidence for 9-B. Maybe then a new key should be added which differentiates Guts' 9-C+ and 9-B, where Guts would be 9-C before joining the Band of the Hawk, then 9-B in the three years after joining the Band of the Hawk when the Golden Age first starts. Like it would be labeled as Adolescence and Beginning of Golden Age arc.

Swinging through genuine steel plate armor with a sword is impossible for an irl human, its shear resistance is too high. It's relatively lower impact resistance is why bludgeons were used to counter it. Piercing steel plate with a direct concentrated impact, like with a hammer, pickaxe, or bodkin tip arrow is 9-C, slicing through it with a sword or other edged weapon is somewhere in 9-B

Back