• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ark: Survival Evolved - Tiering Revisions

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
The first of many to come...

Honestly this isn't even the biggest Ark CRT I plan to do in the next few weeks...

So recently while working on the Ark verse, I realised that the most recent calc made for it scales to far more creatures than I thought, which has led to some problematic tiering amongst some creatures.

The Calc in question is this one, which keeps creatures at High 8-C, or Large Building level.

The only problem with this is that due to the Stone Pickaxe being capable of this, the literal first tool that the player makes. Near enough every creature scales to the Stone Pick, including the likes of Dodos...

For obvious reasons, while High 8-C Dodos would be amazing, they are incredibly inconsistent with what we see in the rest of the game, creatures on the Dodos level and even much stronger creatures can near enough be one shot, and can be murdered in swarms by the creatures that actually perform the feats. So I plan to remove the feat in question, and revert to more consistent feats.

As for the feat itself, it will not be completely abandoned or ignored, I believe it should be reverted to Environmental Destruction, and only scale to the actual creatures/tools that can achieve the feat. This will acknowledge that the creatures are capable of destroying the rocks, but that their offensive capabilities are not necessarily related to this feat. Which would keep consistency throughout the verse. This would likely require a note on the profiles mentioning that the rock feat doesn't necessarily correlate to AP, as this would cause inconsistency.

Another alternative for the feat is that it could be used to scale to the Magmasaurs searing spit, as this attack can obliterate rocks in a similar fashion, but also scales correctly amongst other creatures, as it does high damage and will not scale to an abundant amount of creatures since the Magmasaur is a powerful endgame creature. This could be argued against though, but since the Searing Spit has a different context to being a resource gathering feat, and is actually purely an offensive attack, it is possible that it can be correlated with AP.

Either of these options could be applied, or even both of them, or neither. This needs to be agreed on by you guys. Personally I wouldn't mind both of them being applied, simply because the scaling seems to work out fine, but I understand if that seems strange.

There are also feats for creatures that I have pending, so all creatures will be covered and have differentiated tiers after the revisions. Making the verse more consistent in scaling, these will be uploaded shortly.

It should also be noted that if this gets accepted, the revisions likely shouldn't be applied until I have uploaded the other calcs.

TLDR:
Ark has major inconsistent scaling issues
Current calc should be reverted to either (or both) of the following options:
- Environmental Destruction
- Creatures would need a note

- Magmasaur AP via actually consistent offensive attack, and not a resource gathering feat.
Creatures will scale to new calcs that actually represent how they scale to each other accurately without having contradictions.
- These calcs are already known and will be uploaded shortly.

What do you think is the best option then? Personally I'm fine with either option.

Probably a mix of both. If some of them already have Calcs, get them evaluated to make sure they're accurate and scale whoever scales to the Magmasaur accurately.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the verse, but reading the OP I think it makes a lot of sense. I personally think the first option sounds really consistent, and would mostly solve the issues brought up, but I think the second option is fine too. I guess a mixture of both, like @XSOULOFCINDERX said, might be a good idea, or perhaps each creature should be judged on a case by case basis.
So yeah, the OP makes sense to me, but again I'm not very knowledgeable, so forgive me if I got anything wrong.

I'm not familiar with this verse but I understand where the problems lies. I think the characters involved with the destruction definitely need a reminder.

Uchiha - Ok, I am personally fine with both the first and second option myself, but I believe having the verse be case by case in these feats would overcomplicate things a bit, so I don't know if we should have it that way.

Dino - What do you mean by reminder? As in they should get a note on their profile stating the feat doesn't scale to their AP?

Yep I agree with this

GPE could support the larger dinos ratings

I also recall the Giga's trailer showed it demolishing thicc walls

Thanks for the input.
Never actually thought of using larger walls in the calcs to come, could give some good results!

Other CRTs will come all in good time lol.

I’m not familiar with the verse, but the OP sounds reasonable with his proposal.

Have you tried contacting Knowledgeable members of the verse?

There's no knowledgeable members aside from myself... The verse isn't so popular on the wiki.

Some staff and supporters have been contacted though.

I’m not familiar with the verse, but the OP sounds reasonable with his proposal.

Have you tried contacting Knowledgeable members of the verse?
Hellbeast, Kieran and I are the Knowledgable members. There's a forth guy, but I haven't seen him on the wiki in a long ass time.

My bad. I thought they meant from the Knowledgeable Members list.

Yes, Soul and Hellbeast are also knowledgable on the verse, and they've been helpful in this thread.

No one seems to disagree with this, and multiple members have agreed to it, including a staff member. This should be fine to add once the calcs are accepted.

To stay safe, I'm going to leave the Magmasaur scaling out of the revisions. The feat will simply be reverted to Environmental Destruction.
The new calcs that will be applied will be:
Dinosaurs Destroying Walls - Scaling to the weaker creatures in-verse, from 9-B to 9-A
Lightning Wyvern Destroys a Rock Elemental - Scaling to stronger creatures in-verse, 8-C

Last edited:
Back