• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ark: Survival Evolved - The Overseers Big Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
Man, the Overseer profile seriously misses out on a huge amount of stuff.
The profile was created by myself back in 2019 before I'd even considered reading the Explorer Notes, and man was that a mistake...
But since then I'm up to date, and this Overseer is in massive need of revisions:
First off, we're gonna need some resources, the two major one's are below:
Oki, with this lets get on with it...

Scaling:
Overseers should scale far above their current rating, The Overseer that we fight as a boss in-game is just a created manifestation of the Artificial Intelligence. The avatar we fight will remain At least 8-A, but probably warrants a "likely higher", since it is considered much stronger than the other bosses.
However the True Overseers actual feats go far beyond this, which we'll address below shortly.

Rockwell is also the Overseer of Aberration, however the version of him we fight in-game acts as the Guardian for the Ark, meaning it scales no higher than the other Guardians (Dragon, Broodmother, Megapithecus, Manticore)

So the Overseer we fight scales above the Guardians via showing to be blatantly superior via being capable of transforming into them, summoning them, and more.

Rockwells 8-A manifestation scales to the level of the other bosses, as it is the Guardian of Aberration

Helena Note #27 (Aberration): "Rockwell created a hole in the Cavern Floor"
  • This could be his arena, and could justify a much higher rating than he currently is.
  • For now it could simply imply a "possibly higher" rating for now.

Overseers Influence Over the Arks:
Overseers are in total control of everything going on within the Arks, including Weather, Events, Spawning and more. So there are a few feats I want to bring up regarding the power of the Overseers.
  • Weather - The Overseers are responsible for the weather on the Arks, which means they're responsible for the storms that occur. But this would be Environmental Destruction, so that's all I really have to say on this, since it isn't too important.
  • Aberration Earthquakes -The Earthquakes on Aberration are caused by just one Obelisk, with the Overseers in control of the Obelisks, it will scale to these.
    • This one Obelisk began pulsing wildly beforehand
    • Helena Note #14 (Aberration)
    • While not massively powerful in-game, these Earthquakes are supposedly the Ark trying to tear itself apart due to a malfunction
    • This proves multiple things
      • Arks can not tear themselves apart
        • Dura > AP
      • The Earthquake on Raias City would therefor not be capable of destroying the Ark
  • Ruins of Nosti -The Overseer of Scorched Earth is responsible for the decimation of Raia's city in the past, which became the Ruins on Nosti
With all of this, The Overseers Earthquakes should be solidly around Magnitude 9, since they displace minor landmasses, destroy structures, and are slowly tearing apart entire Arks. These Earthquakes will very clearly be Radiated Waves, so this warrants around Mountain level influence over the Arks, and also scales to the True Overseers.

Abilities:
  • Weather Manipulation - Control everything that happens in the Arks, which includes Ark-wide storms
  • Earth Manipulation - Obelisks create earthquakes, destroyed Raia's city by swallowing it into the ground
  • Greater Summoning
    • Creatures: Can summon any creatures in their database, this includes any creature that naturally spawns on the Arks, so pretty much everything.
      • Helena Note #17 (Aberration)
      • Helena Note #21 (Aberration)
      • Helena Note #6 (Scorched Earth)
      • Helena Note #7 (Scorched Earth)
  • Guardians: The Overseers are responsible for summoning the Guardians in their arenas when the player enters them.
  • BFR / Teleportation - Transports the Survivors to the Guardian Arenas
    • Between Helena Notes #15 and 16 (Aberration), Santiago hacks the Obelisks to Teleport them to the Control Center
  • Technology Manipulation - Upkeeps the systems of the Arks constantly
  • Animal Manipulation - Rockwell showed the power to manipulate the Animals of Aberration & More
    • Helena Note #26 (Aberration)
    • Dahkeya Note #24 (Scorched Earth)
  • Omniscience within the Arks - Rockwell Statements
    • Rockwell Record #28 (Aberration)
    • Rockwells Decoded Dossier Messages:
      • "I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body. "
      • "I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin, and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will."
      • "The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne."
      • "Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible, and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything. "
  • Immortality (Type 4 and 8) for the Guardians (And Rockwell) - They cannot truly die and will be recreated endlessly until the Ark powers down, Rockwell is shown to retain his memory through each death
    • The One Who Waits #27
      • Death is not the end for Rockwell
  • Upgrade range to Kilometres - Manipulate entire Arks...

There's also some scaling to Titans and such that I want to do, but they're getting their own thread next. So those be spoilers for the next thread...

Last edited:
Seems mostly good, damn Overseers are broken

I’d take issue with Omnipresence based off Rockwell tho, dude was insanely arrogant before the Element and after its exposure he seems to have a Capital G God Complex (his comments in the Genesis trailer especially) so I feel weird accepting his word as being pretty accurate

I’d take issue with Omnipresence based off Rockwell tho, dude was insanely arrogant before the Element and after its exposure he seems to have a Capital G God Complex (his comments in the Genesis trailer especially) so I feel weird accepting his word as being pretty accurate
I think there's some more sources too, just couldn't find them for the thread. I'll have another look.

Bump.
Like all Ark threads, there's not gonna be a huge amount of people to comment here.

I'll ask for this to be closed... I'll leave Omniscience at possibly (As it currently is on the profile) until I find more evidence.

Last edited:
Are you certain that you want to close this thread? I could ask some discussion moderators to take a look if you wish.

If they don't mind it would probably be better to have some Discussion Mods take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back