• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator

Miledi

Absorption and Superhuman Stamina

Miledi can absorb mana from the planet itself, and thus doesn't get tired after exerting herself continuously for hours
Miledi used her gravity magic to fly everyone over the forest. She had perfect control over her magic now and could send everyone at a blistering five hundred kilometers per hour while also keeping air resistance down to almost zero. Even after two hours of flying four people, she didn’t look the least bit tired. Her speed and endurance had more than doubled, so it didn’t look like she’d be running out of mana anytime soon.

Miledi could fly faster than any other living creature, and maneuver as freely as if she were standing on solid ground. No one could cover as much ground as her in a single day.

“Don’t you need to rest?” Laus asked.

“Hm? If you’re getting tired, I can let you down for a bit,” Miledi replied, casually flipping herself around midair. She didn’t look the least bit exhausted.

“I thought this when we were coming here too, but you’re really on another level,” Laus muttered.

“And to think, this is without the help of my evolution magic,” Lyutillis said in wonder.

During the war, Miledi had only been able to reach this level of skill with Lyutillis’s help, but now things were different. According to Miledi, she’d understood the true nature of her ancient magic, and that was what had given her such a huge power-up. Supposedly, the true nature of gravity magic was the ability to interact with the energy contained within the planet itself. A normal human could only manage to affect the planet’s gravity, or its rotational forces, but theoretically gravity magic was also capable of moving the planet’s tectonic plates and messing with geothermal and magnetic forces to alter the climate.
Ancient magic was magic capable of altering the fundamental laws of the universe. In Miledi’s case, that meant she could absorb mana from Tortus itself in addition to her newfound gravity manipulation skills. Of course, there was a limit to how much her body and soul could withstand, but she could otherwise absorb an infinite amount.-Volume 5, Chapter 4

Oscar

Range upgrade to Tens of kilometers with Dark Gate and Key

Can open portals to wherever his dark gate's are within 50km radius
“A-Anyway, Naiz! How’s the Dark Gate that I made for you?!”

“I can hear your voice shaking, Oscar.”

“Come on, tell me!”

Naiz found Oscar’s embarrassment entertaining, so he wanted to milk his reactions some more. But Oscar had brought up an important point, and he knew they couldn’t drag the meeting on forever, so he went back into serious mode.

“Its range is limited to about fifty kilometers, but it’s far more mana-efficient than my own teleports. Even people with normal mana pools should be able to use it.”

“I see... It’s ostensibly a success, then. Good. But I’d like to increase its range more if I can.”

“You could always make more and have numbers shore up the difference.”

Sim, Valf, and Craid watched in awe as Oscar and Naiz discussed his newest artifact.

“You guys are redefining intercontinental travel and you’re so casual about it!”

“If you can make enough of these things to outfit an entire army, then... Damn, an army that can appear out of nowhere is the most terrifying thing I can imagine.”

“Yes, but don’t forget that our enemies can use them too if they get their hands on them. This could easily become a double-edged sword.”

Dark Gate was a new artifact that allowed anyone to use teleportation magic.

It looked like a black, palm-sized cube. The crystal that made up the cube was translucent, and you could see the three-dimensional magic circle inside it when sunlight filtered through.

It came with a paired artifact, a black key that Oscar had aptly named Dark Key. By activating the key, the user would be teleported to wherever the Dark Gate was, so long as it was within a fifty-kilometer radius.-Volume 5, Chapter 1

Sound Manipulation

Can transfer sound and visuals over long distances
“What...? How...?” Miledi mumbled, her face twisting in anguish. Oscar’s eyes widened in surprise as he took in the sight. The pictures were of Karg, Rigan, and Baharl. The list of names included the members of the Orcus Workshop, most of the Esperado branch members, and many of Andika’s citizens.

“Oscar-dono. I have a message from Salus-dono as well. He wants you to activate your Skynet.”

Skynet was an artifact that allowed people to transfer audio and visual messages over long distances. Thanks to the spirit and spatial magic contained within it, its range was massive, and its messages couldn’t be intercepted. It was one of the prototype artifacts Oscar had created during his training. He’d sent all the useful things he’d made back to headquarters.

Still dazed, Naiz pulled a thirty-centimeter-long rectangular crystal out of his Treasure Trove. He then poured some mana into it, and Salus and Cloris appeared on his display.

“Good timing. How’s your training coming along?” Salus asked in a casual tone.

Annoyed by how calm he sounded, Miledi snatched the Skynet out of Naiz’s hands.-Volume 5, Chapter 4

Naiz

Light Manipulation

Can blind people using the light from his glasses

“There’s a reason you save your trump card for last,” Naiz muttered, throwing one of his swords at Sone and the other at Kaime. Both of them batted the swords away with ease, but it gave Naiz time to pull a pair of glasses out of his pocket and put them on.

“Take this, Glasses Beam!” he shouted, activating his best friend’s ultimate(?) technique.

A dazzling flash of light blinded Kaime and Sone.

“Aaaaaah, my eyes!” Kaime screamed.

“Ngh!” Sone grunted in pain, raising an arm to cover his eyes.

But of course, only a third-rate warrior relied on just their eyes to track their foe. Both Kaime and Sone were still able to track Naiz perfectly, so they moved in to counterattack.-Volume 5, Chapter 2

Sound and Fragrance Manipulation

Has a noise grenade that also attacks his opponents sense of smell
“It’s not over yet,” Naiz said, and there was a loud boom that deafened the two assailants. The two of them couldn’t hear anything except a ringing in their ears. Not only that, but there was a pungent smell wiping away all other scents. They tried not to breathe it in, but by the time they noticed, it was too late. There was no defense against a smell this atrocious, so they reflexively gagged.

“Gaaaaaah, my eyes, my nose, my mouth! Blaaaaaagh!”

“C-C-C-Curse you. Cough!”

Tears streamed down Kaime and Sone’s eyes, snot dribbled down their noses, and they coughed and sputtered due to the spicy, disgusting, sickly sweet taste in their mouths. A certain four-eyes had paid a large sum to a certain extremely annoying rabbit to get her pepper spray recipe, then revamped it to be even more potent and combined it with a noise grenade to create the perfect sensory assault weapon.

Laus

Superhuman Stamina

Continually used limit break, while regularly hunting monsters, while being sleep deprived due to constantly hiding everyone's soul.
God’s Apostle hadn’t been able to catch him so far. The church had sent out far-ranging search parties armed with the apostle’s spirit magic, but Laus hadn’t been spotted once yet. But by his estimation, if they were seriously trying to find him, he should have had a much harder time getting away. There should have been a few close calls, at least. He couldn’t help but worry that the church was scheming something. Hence why he was pushing forward as quickly as possible.

He’d used what little mana he’d recovered to heal Reinheit as much as possible while maintaining a suicidal forced march only made possible through continual use of Limit Break. And to make matters worse, he regularly ran into monsters because he wasn’t using the main roads, and he had to hunt regular animals as well to gather enough food for everyone. Plus, to top it all off, he couldn’t get much sleep, since he had to continually be concealing everyone’s souls while searching for enemies at all times.

Under such harsh conditions, it would be a feat to manage even twenty kilometers a day. But he’d already traveled six hundred kilometers south in the span of two weeks.-Volume 5, Chapter 2

And this is all while he had lost an arm.

Immortality (Type 8)

Even if he is stabbed through the heart and dies, his spiritual body will survive, and he could while in ethereal form find a way to heal his physical wound.
“Huh?”

“No Templar Knight has ever managed to strike down a Paladin Commander, and I doubt another one will appear in the future. Can you really call yourself weak?”

“B-But I only managed that because I was willing to throw my life away with that attack. Besides, ultimately, I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish anything without your help, so you can’t really say I won!”

“It looked to me like you stabbed him through the heart.”

“I mean, yes, but... Actually, now that I think about it, how was he able to stand back up with wounds like that?”

Are all the commanders of the Three Pillars of Radiance like that? Reinheit thought, shooting Laus a sidelong glance all the while.

“Just so you know, I’ll die if you stab me through the heart.”

“M-Makes sense.”

“Hmm, well, my spiritual body would likely survive...and if I could find a way to repair the physical damage in my ethereal form, I guess I could recover from a hole through the heart.”

“So you wouldn’t die either!”

“I suppose it’s reasonable to believe Darrion has some similar trump card.”-Volume 5, Chapter 2

Forcefield Creation

Can create palm sized barriers

“Fool! Your petty tricks can’t shake my faith!”

“What?!”

To Laus’s surprise, Soul’s Repose did not affect Kaime whatsoever. That meant Kaime wasn’t under the effects of any brainwashing or mind control magic. Either that...or the brainwashing was so powerful Laus’s magic wouldn’t easily be able to counteract it.

Regardless, Laus didn’t have much time to think about it. The hammer-wielding knight and the spear-wielding knight flanked him from both sides. One knight swung his hammer at Laus’s head, while the other stabbed at his stomach with his spear. The two were in perfect sync.

“Ngh— Sacred Shields!” Laus shouted as he summoned a palm-sized barrier in front of him to parry the spear while he ducked under the hammer.-Volume 5, Chapter 2

Instinctive Reaction and Light Manipulation

His instincts can warn him of future attacks and he reflexively casted a barrage of light to blind his attackers
You’re like an open book to me!” Kaime shouted, shifting the angle of his attack as if he’d known beforehand what Laus was going to do.

“What?!” Laus exclaimed as he twisted out of the way. However, he couldn’t evade the thrust entirely, so Kaime stabbed him through the arm. Blood spurted out of the newly opened wound, and Laus lost his footing.

His instincts, honed from years of battle, warned him that a follow-up attack was coming. Acting purely on reflex, he tried to unleash a barrage of Light Bursts to temporarily blind his attackers. But his consciousness dulled, so he wasn’t able to concentrate on the spell. He turned around to face Kaime, who’d run behind him, and saw that his son was smiling.-Volume 5, Chapter 2

Vandre

Weapon Creation

Can create weapons out of ice
“I know.”

“Even without Miledi, the Liberators won’t falter.”

“...”

“No, we can’t afford to falter because our leader expects us to stay strong.”

Oscar grit his teeth and rose to his feet. His expression was a mixture of affirmation and rebellion. He knew Vandre was right, but he still didn’t like hearing that from him.

“Miledi showed her strength to the world. Now it’s our turn. The world needs to know that we’re with her. Most importantly, she needs to know that we’re with her. That’s why you need to take this training more seri—”

“I know, goddammit!” Oscar roared and rushed forward, starting their 101st sparring match.

Vandre clicked his tongue, disappointed by the desperation he saw in Oscar.

“If you really knew, then you wouldn’t be putting up such a pathetic fight!”

Vandre crafted a spear out of ice and met Oscar head-on.

The sounds of battle echoed through the forest like a drumbeat, and the numerous shock waves shook the trees. At a glance, it looked like a ferocious fight to the death. But it sure didn’t seem that way to the sole onlooker.-Volume 5, Chapter 1

Precognition? Skill Feat?

Ajeen intially had the upper hand against Vandre, then Vandre's attacks grew more accurate and Ajeen couldn't even hit him anymore. This is due to his mastery of every single martial art, hence with a little time, Vandre fully analyze Ajeen’s fighting style, and was reading him like a book
Unconcerned about his comrade, Ajeen charged forward once more, hoping to end Vandre’s life. Vandre used a myriad of weapons—a sword, gauntlets, chakrams, and even a halberd—to parry Ajeen’s spear, keep him off-balance, and keep his shield at bay. At first the sound of weapons clashing and ice shattering echoed across the battlefield, but before long, Ajeen’s attacks stopped hitting at all, so Vandre didn’t even need to block.

Meanwhile, Vandre’s attacks grew more accurate...and soon, Ajeen was covered in small wounds.

“You’re a monster...” the taciturn knight muttered, shivering.

Vandre’s unmatched martial skill, coupled with his ancient magic and perfect mastery of ice magic, made him a formidable foe. Plus, he had dragon blood running through his veins, which meant he could transform into an ice dragon at a moment’s notice.

But while these were all exceptional abilities, they were not what made Vandre Schnee a truly terrifying opponent. His true strength was his mastery of every single martial art. Vandre had trained incessantly, and then further honed those skills in the crucible of battle. The fact that he continued to practice religiously on top of having a natural talent for art was what made Vandre so strong. With the effort he’d put into his training, it was inevitable that Vandre would be able to fully analyze Ajeen’s fighting style given enough time.

By the time Ajeen realized he was being read like a book, his shield had been pinned to the ground by chains of ice and his spear had been knocked out of his hands by Vandre’s pinpoint offense.

Resistance to Body Puppetry For Everyone​

One of the church's knights can compel people with just her words
“What were the last two Paladins like?” Vandre asked, and Naiz smiled ruefully.

“One was a man with a burn scar covering half his face, and the other was a woman with long black hair and a blindfold.”

“I take it they were using replicas of the Seven Sacred Treasures as well?”

“The knight with the burn scar had a Holy Sword and a Sanctified Shield, and the blindfold knight had a Divine Rod. Their special magic was pretty annoying too.”

Naiz went on to explain that the burn knight could instantly create a golem that repaired itself no matter how badly it was damaged.

On the other hand, the blindfold knight’s magic allowed her to compel people with her words. A simple command like “Don’t move” was enough to stop everyone in their tracks. People with strong wills like Naiz or Leonard could shake off the compulsion, but it still held them in place for a brief moment.

The noncombatant members of the Liberators barely managed to resist, and the civilians were completely at her mercy.-Volume 5, Chapter 3
This ability only worked on ppl like Naiz who have strong will's for a moment, with even the noncombatant of the Liberators being able to resist. Strong will is time and again the reason given for hax resistance, and nearly everyone has that, but the fact that even noncombatants from the Liberators could resist this, means everybody relevant in verse can too.

Simple enough, agree with everything.

See again that indeed instinctive reaction is a common thing in arifureta makes me happy.

The skill feat of Vandre should be information analysis and maybe even analytical prediction.

Willpower have always be important in Arifureta and have been show several times to grant hax or resistances, so I'm not surprised of another case.

Since this thread add things to Miledi seem like a good time to also add this:
While saying that, Yue activated the past replay by matching the time period when Miledy departed from here based on Kaori’s memory.

At the end of her endless journey, the day of the final battle, what kind of feeling she harbored when she departed to battle……

While everyone was watching in a solemn atmosphere――

――Yaa! Are you weeell~♪ Peeing rabbit-chan♪ Pugyaa—h

「!!!?」

――Is vocation “robber”-kun and, the completely horny vampire-chan also wellll?

「She, she predicted us……」

Hajime’s cheeks were twitching. Mini Miledy was dancing bouncily. It seemed Miledy had predicted that after the battle Hajime and others would come here and peeped using past replay.

The Nico-chan mask winked in a very annoying way. Then she moved her index finger as though to say 「Naïve!」 while going ‘tsk tsk tsk’ also in a really annoying way. It was irritating. Chapter 354
This should grant Miledi Precognition? Analytical Prediction? Or should just be a intelligence feat?

Also:
「It have been in my mind since some time ago, but why are your attitude resembling Miledy a lot huh?」

「As Erst, I have an emotional attachment to her. After all, historically she was the first opponent who I was unable to kill, she also turned the table on another apostle body.」

She was crazily strong in a different vector from master. At the same time she was so unique that it made me think Is this girl alright in the head? Even though I shouldn’t have any emotion, she frequently came up in my memory. There was something to her to a degree that made me assaulted with a strange sensation.

And so,

「I thought that perhaps there is no one better than her to use as example in order to obtain individuality.」

「What in the world is it with that woman’s influence? It’s scary. Her speech and conduct would sometimes show up slightly even through Yue and Shia……」

After all is said and done, I’m the peerless genius and beautiful magician Miledy-chan who is the only one in the whole universe! So it’s just natural! Hajime hallucinated Miledy-chan making her signature side peace gesture & a wink that scattered stars from her eye. He shook his head to chase her out from his brain. Chapter 387
This is honestly a impressive feat for the social influencing of Miledi since she affected a Apostle despite the lack of emotions they have, so should be worth add it. Additionally the Apostles should have mentioned in their profile how they lack emotions, this was something also said several times in the main story.

First is an intelligence feat i think, past replay is something she would be familiar with as Meiru has that, and Hajime and co conquered her labyrinth, she intended to die in that battle so makes sense she would predict that afterwards they would use that to learn more about her.

Apostles have inorganic physiology as they are machines, so lacking emotions was implied, but we can indeed add that.

First is an intelligence feat i think, past replay is something she would be familiar with as Meiru has that, and Hajime and co conquered her labyrinth, she intended to die in that battle so makes sense she would predict that afterwards they would use that to learn more about her.

Apostles have inorganic physiology as they are machines, so lacking emotions was implied, but we can indeed add that.
I guess is fair, though is still impressive the fact that she predicted that accuretaly.

Fair enough, though still could be good add the part that they lack emotions since other machines in the verse (Mother and G10 for example) actually have emotions despite be machines and that's a important trait of them.

Was asked to evaluate this.

Everything looks fine but I have some issues with Laus stuff, more specifically the Immortality and Instinctive Reaction.

Immortality

"Hmm, well, my spiritual body would likely survive...and if I could find a way to repair the physical damage in my ethereal form, I guess I could recover from a hole through the heart.”

He says it would "likely" survive, which means he isn't sure. Wouldn't that mean he isn't sure and thus would make it "likely" Immortality Type 8? I fine with it either way, just wanted to address that.

Instinctive Reactions

“What?!” Laus exclaimed as he twisted out of the way. However, he couldn’t evade the thrust entirely, so Kaime stabbed him through the arm. Blood spurted out of the newly opened wound, and Laus lost his footing.

His instincts, honed from years of battle, warned him that a follow-up attack was coming. Acting purely on reflex
, he tried to unleash a barrage of Light Bursts to temporarily blind his attackers. But his consciousness dulled, so he wasn’t able to concentrate on the spell. He turned around to face Kaime, who’d run behind him, and saw that his son was smiling.-Volume 5, Chapter 2

While I guess Instinctive Reaction is fine, it seems odd that he literally goes "What!?" As if he wasn't expecting the other person to move like that but if his sheer instincts let's him react to future attacks, he shouldn't be surprised by how the other person attacked him no?

Also, for Vandre, he'd have Information Analysis since it says he analyzed and then predicted his attacks so it's a skill feat but not Precognition as far as I'm aware.

@Confluctor It's a new thing he got at the end of the volume, so it's not explained in detail, just says that it allows people to transfer audio and visual messages over long distances. it makes use of spirit and spatial magic. Seems like it sends those audio and visual directly to the soul.

@LordGriffin1000 Likely Immortality is fine with me.

I guess, seems weird yea, he didn't expect the initial attack, but was aware of the follow up, which he reacted to on reflex. This seems more like an argument for some form of Limited Precognition though, he can be alerted of future attacks, but it's not exactly perfect.

The initial attack he did still avoid despite being surprised, and then reacted to the follow ups, so instinctive reaction is fine.

Limited Precognition for the Laus stuff sound weird, if that was the case then most characters in the series would get it since battle instincts alerting them about things is common. It just seem like he was surprised but even despite the surprise his body dodged in his own.

Last edited:
@Confluctor It's a new thing he got at the end of the volume, so it's not explained in detail, just says that it allows people to transfer audio and visual messages over long distances. it makes use of spirit and spatial magic. Seems like it sends those audio and visual directly to the soul.

@LordGriffin1000 Likely Immortality is fine with me.

I guess, seems weird yea, he didn't expect the initial attack, but was aware of the follow up, which he reacted to on reflex. This seems more like an argument for some form of Limited Precognition though, he can be alerted of future attacks, but it's not exactly perfect.

The initial attack he did still avoid despite being surprised, and then reacted to the follow ups, so instinctive reaction is fine.
Fair enough. The additions are fine with me.

What was accepted above seems fine to me as well. I willclose this thread, since the changes have been applied already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back