• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

arguments to make for High 4-C Vader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargoyle One said:
Also, it's perfectly in character for Sidious to torture someone, so it makes sense he held back to torture him to death.
True. He does prefer to use his lightning as a torture tool. I remember he once tortured some poor imperial traitor before proceeding to vaporize him completely.

Vader is a powerful sith lord, but no other sith lord minus Sidious ever surpassed Lord Vitiate in power or even matched him. Scaling from even other material is dubious to say the least. I mean, if he survived sidious lightning and there is a direct statement of the two being comparable, then fine.

And even then, it might be an outlier. High 6-A is a pretty wide tier in itself.

And I think if I recall, both feats in this range are low to mid end MCL. So vader would need to not only get a power increase of around hundreds of times just to escape multi continent level, but then tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands times to get the baseline largestar level. In short, I agree with Matt and Ever, for somewhat different reasons.

The Everlasting said:
Exar Kun scaling to Dark Empire Sidious is frankly BS. Nothing supports it and it just comes from random WoG.
^ This.

George Lucas and James Luceno both state that Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord. Lucas is of course the creator of Star Wars and Luceno is legendary when it comes to knowledge of Star Wars lore. We should take their word over that of the Dark Empire author.

@Matt/Soldier

There's also a statement of Exar Kun being the greatest darkness Luke has faced besides Sidious, but that could be/probably is just metaphor for how strong his darkness is and/or how evil he is.

How do you two think Post-Yavin IV Exar Kun should be rated?

I'm still not sure. Kun was able to send powerful Jedi flying back and also injure them. He also soul ****** Luke at one point though that was while he was distracted by a Dark Side turned Kyp Durron. And his spirit was later overwhelmed by a bunch of Jedi apprentices (with the aid of Luke and Kun's old Jedi master). I'm confused myself as to just how powerful his spirit really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back