• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arch-vile vs Captain Goomba (7-0-0) (Grace)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Fight takes place in Bowers castle
  • Modern Arch-vile is being used
  • Speed is equalized
  • Captain Goomba's 3-C summons are restricted
  • SBA for anything else
vile-vs-captain

Arch-vile: 7
0.9888221350717017 Tons of TNT?

Captain Goomba: 0

2.997.660.199,2036843 J/ 0.71 Tons of TNT

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Captian Goomba has the AP, and skill advantage and Power Nulls Arch-Vill’s fireballs.

Voting Captian Goomba
Except AP, you are right

Only problem is that he would tank at first the fireball, he is not know for dodging attacks in his game (no one in fact) and the Arch-vile has a forcefield that the goomba has to destroy first, so I don´t know if he can win with his superior close combat

And he has to completely rip the demon, he is an undead, if he hits him hard, and think that is enough is a massive mistake

Except AP, you are right

Only problem is that he would tank at first the fireball, he is not know for dodging attacks in his game (no one in fact) and the Arch-vile has a forcefield that the goomba has to destroy first, so I don´t know if he can win with his superior close combat

And he has to completely rip the demon, he is an undead, if he hits him hard, and think that is enough is a massive mistake
Good points, but Arch also has to deal with Captian Goomba summoning, like Koopa troops and even more goombas. Boo’s are one of Captian Goomba’s summons, and Boos should be able to bypass Arch force field.

In general, Arch is going to be eventually overwhelmed.

Good points, but Arch also has to deal with Captian Goomba summoning, like Koopa troops and even more goombas. Boo’s are one of Captian Goomba’s summons, and Boos should be able to bypass Arch force field.

In general, Arch is going to be eventually overwhelmed.
If he can summon which I forgot is possible, then I would even see it as a stomp, he has meatshields as strong as him, is like 10 8-C vs 1 8-C

I don’t think he has the ability summon the koopalings. Since the koopalings are a higher rcnk them him, it wouldn’t make sense for him to summon them.
Koopalings are troops that participate in the battles and they in the history lend their help and even test this Goomba to see if he was capable or being their leader or if it was that the koopaling were carrying hard in the adventure

The goomba won, so they accepted him and were usable until the end

Captain Goombas 3-C summons are now restricted.
This was new right? Just to see if I was blind for being focused in Star Rail

So now today when I am free I am gonna see the goomba summons and the arch vile summons, because if arch vile can summon Barons of Hell the range spam is gonna be absurd

Ok, Arch vile tactics if he can summon

First, he can summon Barons of hell, Tyrants and Marauders, which are absurds, the Marauder itself can summon more people which is just overkill at this point, he is the most dangerous foe a Arch vile can use, with Barons and Tyrants being just being extremely resistant, Tyrant are way better at range and Barons are gonna being rampaging at close

Archvile compared to goomba is a "coward", he fights using a wall of flame to protect himself from harm and summon more enemies, if he is somehow in danger, he teleports, so close combat is impossible unless you stun him, he also is passively making every demon stronger just for being there akin to a buff totem in eternal, so if Marauders where op, now they are FASTER with speed equalized

Marauders on their own completely demolish any type of debate in this match unless Kameks can do something, because their skill is able to give a challenge to doomslayer, I should not explain why doomslayer dwarf Bowser´s minions in skill

And Lost souls are hax bob-ombs basically, Goomba has to bring his best troupes which I think the owner of the thread has to choose to even stand a chance

Ok, Arch vile tactics if he can summon

First, he can summon Barons of hell, Tyrants and Marauders, which are absurds, the Marauder itself can summon more people which is just overkill at this point, he is the most dangerous foe a Arch vile can use, with Barons and Tyrants being just being extremely resistant, Tyrant are way better at range and Barons are gonna being rampaging at close

Archvile compared to goomba is a "coward", he fights using a wall of flame to protect himself from harm and summon more enemies, if he is somehow in danger, he teleports, so close combat is impossible unless you stun him, he also is passively making every demon stronger just for being there akin to a buff totem in eternal, so if Marauders where op, now they are FASTER with speed equalized

Marauders on their own completely demolish any type of debate in this match unless Kameks can do something, because their skill is able to give a challenge to doomslayer, I should not explain why doomslayer dwarf Bowser´s minions in skill

And Lost souls are hax bob-ombs basically, Goomba has to bring his best troupes which I think the owner of the thread has to choose to even stand a chance
Captain goomba can summon magickoopas, (not listed on the profile for some reason) which can buff fellow minions stats, such as AP, speed, and defense. And these buffs can stack.

Captain Goomba can also summon the elite trio, who can summon, and heal minion’s.

Though I don’t think this helps much

Last edited:
Captain goomba can summon magickoopas, (not listed on the profile for some reason) which can buff fellow minions stats, such as AP, speed, and defense. And these buffs can stack.

Captain Goomba can also summon the elite trio, who can summon, and heal minion’s.

This match is much closer then I thought it would be.
Bumping for interest

Last edited:
Changing Vote in Arch Vile

Captain Goomba and his minions have the AP and Dura advantage, but I don't think that will stop them from being overwhelmed by the Arch-Vile summons, especially since it doesn't have a limit to it's summoning, something captain goomba has.

Captain Goomba and his minions have the AP and Dura advantage, but I don't think that will stop them from being overwhelmed by the Arch-Vile summons, especially since it doesn't have a limit to it's summoning, something captain goomba has.
counted!

Back