• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP Increase

To keep it brief, I think Mirio should scale to Endeavor in AP based off the statement made by Eraser, claiming Mirio is closest to top hero including the Pros(he said this at a time in which Endeavor wasn't officially number 1, so it'd be logical to assume Endeavor is included in the pros he's referring to).

We also know that many factors go into being ranked on the hero billboard, which include popularity, case solves etc, being that Mirio is a student, we can also assume that this deduction is based purely off of his combat prowess. Finally: This same sort of logic was used when tiering Hawks as well as Best Jeanist, in which it was stated that their AP should scale above Gang Orca and therefore were awarded City Block level AP.

Overall, I'm proposing Mirio is given either City Block(> Gang Orca) or City Block+(> or = Endeavor)

I'm sure the statement is known by anyone who is active in scaling the verse, if not I can provide it below.

This can't really hold since it would mean 8% Deku, Bakugou, Amajiki, Nejire, Overhaul and Nighteye would all be 8B due to scaling and first year students shouldn't be comparable to the number 10 hero

By "closest to number 1" I though they meant his characteristics.

He's strong, kind hearted, smiles a lot and so on. Endeavor on the other hand, while strong, isn't the same as All Might personality wise. This is why I think Eraser said Mirio was the closet to being number 1.

Reminder that he said that Mirio was not only closest to number 1 but that he was above the pros in terms of taking that spot. So it's likely that him being comparable to them.

Damage3245 said:
"Closest to No. 1" is not an AP statement.
I explained my argument for it. Being he's a student, it's logical to assume he's referring to combat prowess. He'd at the very least scale within the top 10 right? And being that hawks and jeanist are given AP's based on rankings, why shouldn't Mirio? You kinda glossed over most of my initial post it seems unfortunately, hopefully you read it this time.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
This can't really hold since it would mean 8% Deku, Bakugou, Amajiki, Nejire, Overhaul and Nighteye would all be 8B due to scaling and first year students shouldn't be comparable to the number 10 hero
Why would they scale there? Also if they did why would it be an issue(since you're asserting that it would), I don't see why Overhaul, Nighteye and the other big three members wouldn't scale to pro heroes on their own personally.

> I explained my argument for it. Being he's a student, it's logical to assume he's referring to combat prowess.

It could just as easily not be referring to just that. "Closest to No. 1" doesn't mean he's comparable to Endeavor physically at all.

> He'd at the very least scale within the top 10 right? And being that hawks and jeanist are given AP's based on rankings, why shouldn't Mirio?

I don't agree that they should be rated based on their rankings tbh.

I don't see how else you would view that assessment. Clearly he's not a hero, so you can't assume it's based on the normal values which are viewed by the billboard for hero ranking(case solves and approval) since he's a student. Also he wouldn't even need to necessarily be comparable to Endeavor(since his City Block+ AP comes from jetburn admittedly), but I don't see why not Gang Orca.

I also don't necessarily agree with this scaling, though by the logic which is already set fourth by the wiki I don't see why it wouldn't be applicable.

Just because the wiki is already doing something wrong doesn't mean we need to continue a wrong practice.

Mirio is a student but one that has worked for another hero company and has an incredible amount of skill and necessary charisma to be a top hero. I don't see how we should take Aizawa's opinion on Mirio being close to No. 1 to mean he has comparable AP to top heroes.

I already explained why it would be most logical to assume he's referring to his overall combat prowess. I see literally no conceivable circumstance in which Eraser would make a claim of that magnitude and only be referring to skill and charisma, or at the very least not be under the impression that Mirio is stronger and more capable than most pro heroes. He says in direct quote: "Mirio Togata, as far as I know is the closest to being the top hero even including us pros". This comes directly after he completely decimated a large group of heroes in training in combat. He also says "closest to being the top hero", closest yet there isn't any definable or quantifiable measure of this that would at all be logical besides combat prowess, you know, cause he's a student. It seems this conversation is going in circles.

Again, even if we believed that Mirio was top tier in terms of combat prowess that doesn't necessarily mean his AP / striking strength is that high. Mirio is immensely skilled and fast, and thanks to his Quirk he's basically impossible to hit.

It wouldn't be wrong to consider him a top tier fighter even if his AP doesn't compare to Endeavors.

This conversation is going in circles because we've already discussed this all before and it was agreed a long time ago not to scale him indirectly to characters like Endeavor.

I offered a compromise of scaling above Gang Orca. Best Jeanist has City Block AP as he should scale above him, right? It's also noted that he constricts a few Nomu but that wouldn't justify his AP being that high. Also since you brought it up, why is he also considered slower than a lot of the verse despite his speed while traveling via permeation hasn't been shown to be matched by any adversary in the series as of now(not saying that it would make him faster since it wouldn't directly scale to anyone via a scaling chain, but just bringing it up since you brought up his speed factoring into eraser's statement)

NORFie said:
Insert creative name here 12 said:
Why would they scale there? Also if they did why would it be an issue(since you're asserting that it would), I don't see why Overhaul, Nighteye and the other big three members wouldn't scale to pro heroes on their own personally.
Overhaul took multiple blows from Mirio and injured him with spikes, Deku could damage Overhaul and Bakugou scales to Deku

Overhaul took multiple blows from Mirio and injured him with spikes, Deku could damage Overhaul and Bakugou scales to Deku

I don't see the issue being that Todoroki holds AP of that caliber casually and they'd both scale to him.

Todoroki is regularly shown to be above most First years Deku and Bakugou included. Things such as freezing Bakugou's arm in close combat, being able to release more large scale attacks, doing better against Stain than 5% Deku and even with just his ice is said to surpass most pros while Bakugo is said to be pro/sidekick level

Todoroki, Bakugo and Deku are consistently shown to be relative, what? Lmao not to mention those feats are also like completely untrained Todoroki

Well, it seems Nejire was just given City Block AP with her wave motion. Alongside Best Jeanist and Gang Orca, this seems like more to support City Block with Permeation Mirio. ƒæÇ

Mirio doesn't scale to Nejire's Quirk, it's never been stated he can match her Quirk's power.

Also I'm making Miruko's Profile, I already have a draft ready and will upload early if I have to.

Was mostly joking, but sure lol.

I also was making one, feel free to upload yours.

So, like. You guys continued to use the > Gang Orca line of logic for Edgeshot recently, but we still can't get it for Mirio. Smh

First off, why would Mirio be physically stronger than Gang Orca without any direct scaling. Second, there was no thread to upgrade Edgeshot to 8-B, I have no idea why he is.

I'd placed him at 8-C when I made the profile.

Why are any of the "Should scale above Gang Orca as they _ Hero" be physically stronger than Gang Orca? I'm arguing on account of consistency with the line of logic by which is put forth on the VS Battles Wiki. I've also previously laid out arguments as to why it would be logical to assume that he'd at least be comparable physically to the top heroes on the basis of Eraserhead's statement. It basically ended with Damage saying they'd address the Best Jeanist scaling to which they did not, which is why this issue has once more arised.

Why would Mirio's physical AP would scale to Quirks like like Hellflame or powers such as Sonic Waves? It makes no sense, he has no feats on that level too.

As for Edgeshot, honestly I don't even know why people add characters with practically no feats, I guess he should be Unknown for now, but having him at 8-C is kind of unrealistic to me.

Why is 8-C wrong, he should be superior to 14 Year old Bakugou. Asui can scale to 14 Year old Bakugou but Edgeshot can't? If that's so then it should be removed from any of the character's ratings as well.

I think that's too low for a veteran Pro Hero, and there's nothing really saying that he is around at that level.

Him being around High 8-C would make more sense, but since he have no feats right now, I prefer to put him as Unknown.

Back