• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just to clarify, the SPO is considered a x4 speed boost because it's comparable to the V Maximum Overdrive Attack which is a x4 speed boost and the Sonic Boost upscales from the other two.
Was the SPO ever stated to be comparable to V Maximum Overdrive? Or shown within the lore to be as fast as it? Not to mention, hasn't the V Maximum Overdrive been verbatim stated to increase his acceleration up to four times, or am I making a mistake here?

I think it was, I don't recall exactly where though, but in-game it's been shown to be comparable to it.

I don't think in-game should hold as much weight as cutscenes or statements. Not to mention, in the CD cutscene, we see Sonic use the Super Peel Out to catch up to Metal Sonic's speed without the V Maximum Overdrive. This works under my assumption that it's not a speed amp, but rather acceleration (as well as the way his feet look when he nears 'top speed'. I say it with quotation marks because several of the Classic Sonic games don't have speed caps, meaning you can build up infinite momentum if you never crash)

(It's hard to see, but during the frames he becomes a blur, right before the loop-de-loop, you see Sonic's legs become a figure eight)

Not to mention, every entry I've seen of the V Maximum Overdrive states it increases his acceleration up to four times. Not speed. I've yet to come across one scan stating so. But even assuming it is, as you can see in the clip above, Sonic required the Super Peel Out to catch up with plain ol' vanilla Metal Sonic, much less V Maximum Overdrive. I think it only providing acceleration only is well-founded too, given that's how the manual describes it, and in other games with similar techniques, the same seems to be the case across the board.

Sonic canonically beaten Metal in the race should proven it, otherwise, Metal is faster than Sonic.
You don't even need SPO to beat Metal Sonic. It's optional, not to mention, it's not like Metal Sonic is using V Maximum Overdrive throughout the entire duration of the race. The manual's consistently make it clear he can only maintain it for a very short period of time before short circuiting. Not to mention in the cutscene I sent, you can clearly see Metal Sonic overtaking Sonic in speed after gaining momentum (Because again, that's how acceleration works) than Sonic getting into the SPO is able to catch up. That again should show it's merely the shape his leg takes when either reaching top speed or when he needs acceleration. In the context of the scene, it seemed to be the former, since the two kept overtaking each other throughout that cutscene since they were gaining speed at different rates from one another, allowing the other to reach top speeds quicker than the other (In this case, it seemed to be Metal Sonic, since he can fly).

Sorry I'm late. I'll do my best to quickly go through.

Fair. Just don't believe I've seen anything done similar in another profile, so it was a bizarre concept to me, but I'm fine with the suggestion.
Yay!

Not the Sonic CD manual, right? Because that certainly doesn't confirm it if that's the case.
Screenshot-2022-02-15-2-48-57-PM.png

Just implies it allows him to reach 'turbo speeds' which allows him to zoom off in a burst of speed. Notes that it's also an 'awesome' way to zip uphill from a standing start (As that's what instant acceleration would work well for)

Aside from Sonic CD, I don't really recall any other instances of the Super Peel Out specifically. From what I've seen, it's always depicted as a method of fast acceleration (As in allows him to reach top/high speeds fast from a standstill) or simply when he starts to near top speeds.
F-Fair

This rest is fair

I suppose that makes sense. Though I thought Metal copied abilities by scanning, and didn't need to be harmed to copy powers.
Perhaps he was scanning and couldn't move while doing it.

Not to mention, maybe Metal Sonic is faster. Hear me out before you call that out as blasphemy. The next time we see Metal Sonic is after the Neo Metal Sonic arc, where it's established they've improved as suggested in my CRT. Metal could've been suited with upgrades just as he has before in order to keep up with Sonic's growing power.
Right, since Sonic organically grows stronger while Metal needs upgrades. Perhaps Dr. Eggman's mind is also increasing alongside Sonic's power?

Neo Metal Sonic could've simply been slower than Metal Sonic after the Neo Arc, and that wouldn't cause any contradictions. Sonic blitzed Neo, and after Neo copied his abilities, he was effortlessly able to keep up with Sonic. Though him needing to copy Sonic's bio-data seems strange given by default Metal Sonic is already supposed to be a parallel to Sonic, no? Maybe he wanted to copy some of his techniques? Not sure.
Dr. Eggman has never have scientific feats in biology, like how Starline is now creating clones. Metal might be parallel to Sonic but as a robot, not Evil Sonic from the Evil Universe.

I didn't say traits, I said how the character is meant to be portrayed and how they work within the story. It's certainly not as strong a founding as in-series scaling is, but to a certain extent, the narrative intent should matter.
Generally, Majority of Sonic's verse is portrayed to fight Sonic, not get one-shotted and blitz like a Monster vs Saitama (One-Punch Man), due to Sonic and everyone's origins as a Video Game Characters and needing to be playable against each other in order to interact. Its is a portrayal of them.

That is fine with me, assuming the Warp Portal's open up faster than Sonic can move (I assume they open up with thought alone or possibly even subconsciously based on how they're treated) is actually fine with me. But without any gear like the Tri-Core, or Warp Topaz? That's what I'm against scaling to Sonic. He's clearly far physically more incompetent than even the low-tiers who currently scale below Sonic's top speeds.

So to clear things up, Warp Topaz + Tri-Core scales to Sonic's full speed, Starline without gear can scale to Low-Tiers. I think this seems very fair, do you agree?
Not confidently, since Starline moves with Sonic and not frozen like he was in a Time Stop but I'll say yes for now. There are other parts of the OP needing to go through and Starline could get an upgrade in the future.

Seems like we've come to an agreement.

I certainly do think the Low-Tiers could scale to Sonic depending on how the issues develop, but as of right now, it does seem to establish a difference in power and speed that I think we can agree can't be ignored (Sonic as Sonic casually blitzing Eggman's mech that was going to defeat numerous Low-Tiers with one attack and was already easily fighting them all off and needed to be hacked into for them to do any substantial damage). So for now, I'm glad we've come to some consensus.

Speaking of consensus, how many people need to agree for the changes to go through? I haven't really seen any disagreements that I recall aside from the contentions you had.

I dislike Sonic blitzing Eggman moments in continuities. Its out of character for majority of the franchise. I think most are in agreement. I was the one who had issues with the OP at first.

Also, remember to note Silver's range difference.

I dislike Sonic blitzing Eggman moments in continuities. Its out of character for majority of the franchise.
Just means Sonic's actually trying 😈

I think most are in agreement. I was the one who had issues with the OP at first.

Also, remember to note Silver's range difference.
Guess I'll wait a bit longer for some more input, and then see if I can apply the changes (might need a little help with that).

Should AOE be listed as a completely separate statistic like AP, Dura, Range? Or be listed somewhere else on the profile?

I wouldn't mind some help. If you could, I'd prefer if you worked on Metal Sonic's profile, Starline's, and any other you want to edit. I'll take care of the rest.

Back