• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anne Fights a Strange Amphibious Creature

Anne Boonchuy Vs Quagsire
Fight takes place in a large swamps with a thick underbrush and canopy somewhere on earth
Speed Equalized
Both are High 7-A
Quagsire has Damp as his ability

Don't our Pokemon profiles act as though Pokemon have all of their abilities at once?
If that is or isn't the case, someone please do clarify.

AP analysis time.

Anyway, Anne's.... Calamity Form (Where does that name come from?) key, says about her AP....

At least City Block level+ to Multi-City Block level+, likely Small Town level (Effortlessly stomped King Andrias, who casually one-shot Frobo and is far stronger than General Yunnan [whom he sent flying with one hand] and Sasha [whom he sent flying with a single tail swipe], and broke through Andrias' shield with one hand, showing no exhaustion while using just one hand while Andrias heavily struggled to push back with both hands, making her at least 2 times stronger than him. When her punch collided with Andrias's shield, the mere explosion from her punch colliding with Andrias's shield destroyed six of Andrias's robots, which should all be as durable as Frobo. With a fraction of this power, badly damaged Newt Frobo, who should be comparable if not superior to Frobo, with just one punch), At most Large Mountain level+ (Her Calamity Form should be at least comparable if not superior than other performed feats, including Newt Frobo's self destruct)

It's that last bit we're concerned with.
3,258 Megatons of TNT or 3.258 Gigatons of TNT (Large Mountain Level+)

Quagsire?

Attack Potency: High Mountain level+ (Via powerscaling to Pokémon like Dugtrio)
(Also, wow this profile needs improvement.)
Large Mountain level+ (It digging 60 miles underground causes huge earthquakes. Comparable to fully evolved pokemon such as Tyranitar)

Scaling a 2nd stage to a fully-evolved, Mega Evolution capable species Pseudo Legendary like Tyranitar feels odd, but Versus Threads aren't where revisions are performed.
Attack Potency: Large Mountain level+ (Its previous form Pupitar, who isn't even anywhere near Tyranitar's power, can topple a mountain. Can cause earthquakes strong enough to wipe out great mountains by walking.)

Reading the comments, seems like Magnitude 9.5 was used, so....

3.181 gigatons of TNT or High 7-A Large Mountain level.

So in summary....
Anne is 3,258 Megatons of TNT or 3.258 Gigatons of TNT (Large Mountain Level+)
But she's "At most" that by her own profile, since... because she's scaling above someone she defeated with a self-destruction feat with that yield? Feels a little weird. It was alive enough to choose to self-destruct, no? Ah well.

Quagsire is 3.181 gigatons of TNT or High 7-A Large Mountain level.
Quagsire is probably lower than Tyranitar, of course, because just a 2nd stage compared to a Mega Evolution capable fully evolved pseudo-legendary.

So Anne's scaling point is roughly 1.02420622 times higher, but they're both vaguely lower.

I might analyze the rest of the match up later.

Uh, what about this part?
I am interested, but I'm also lazy & distracted at the moment.
I'd like to provide an analysis, but I'm not confident I have the focus to make 1 at the moment.

(Although, I would like to mention that I won't be caught up on Amphibia. I'll be at least 1 or more episodes behind for a while. So please be mindful of spoilers for new episodes if content from them is brought up when discussing the Amphibia side.)

Don't our Pokemon profiles act as though Pokemon have all of their abilities at once?
If that is or isn't the case, someone please do clarify.
This needs answering.

Because if Quagsire does have Unaware, contrary to OP's assertion, then it might mean Quagsire ignores Anne's AP boost from her Blue form, resulting in her unable to damage it.

tbh we never really sorted it out. Or rather not we but our predecessors. Idrk what to do with this. When it comes to moves there are instances of pokemon having multiple moves in a game but in this case its abilities which is something entirely different. I guess we can let this slide for now and just let Quagsire have his current ability instead of Unaware.

Anyways Quagsire has LS advantage, AOE attacks (muddy water, earthquake, the latter having a range of miles), AP boost with rain dance, sleep manipulation with Yawn and defense boosts with amnesia which he pretty much leads with.
He can also use haze to nullify AP boosts.
Overall: i feel like the only thing that Anne has going for her is her AP, this is a stomp in Quagsire's favour.

tbh we never really sorted it out. Or rather not we but our predecessors. Idrk what to do with this. When it comes to moves there are instances of pokemon having multiple moves in a game but in this case its abilities which is something entirely different. I guess we can let this slide for now and just let Quagsire have his current ability instead of Unaware.
Thank you for this answer.
Anyways Quagsire has LS advantage, AOE attacks (muddy water, earthquake, the latter having a range of miles), AP boost with rain dance, sleep manipulation with Yawn and defense boosts with amnesia which he pretty much leads with.
He can also use haze to nullify AP boosts.
Overall: i feel like the only thing that Anne has going for her is her AP, this is a stomp in Quagsire's favour.
Yeah, but is it likely to use such things in-character-ly?

Thank you for this answer.

Yeah, but is it likely to use such things in-character-ly?
i mean what do you think its gonna do, sit there and spout water out of its mouth 24/7?
Like yeah its one of the dumber pokemon but it has survived so far despite swamps being filled with predators, suggesting it knows how to fight. Anne would be able to land some good hits in but overall a few good moves from Quagsire would end up causing serious damage to her and eventually she'd be defeated by AOE attacks or Yawn

i mean what do you think its gonna do, sit there and spout water out of its mouth 24/7?
Like yeah its one of the dumber pokemon but it has survived so far despite swamps being filled with predators, suggesting it knows how to fight.
Fair.
Anne would be able to land some good hits in but overall a few good moves from Quagsire would end up causing serious damage to her and eventually she'd be defeated by AOE attacks or Yawn
How do we know Anne wouldn't outskill & evade Quagsire's good moves? &/or defeat Quagsire before it opts for Yawn? Could that happen in a majority of cases?

Fair.

How do we know Anne wouldn't outskill & evade Quagsire's good moves? &/or defeat Quagsire before it opts for Yawn? Could that happen in a majority of cases?
i mean Quag's current intelligence rating is High in combat which isn't up to date but even then with our current standards it would be Gifted, unlike Anne who is Above average.
Defeating Quagsire before it opts for yawn is questionable since she'd need to continuously attack him with her strongest attack without Quag using giant High 7-A waves of mud and causing High 7-A earthquakes that can turn the nearby mile into a rock soup within an instant.
Also let's just say something about yawn. Yawn is literally a yawn that makes the opponent yawn and thus putting them to sleep. This is an impenetrable sleep manipulation technique that Anne will not evade, it's that bad.
I just feel like the chances for Anne to actually win this are super low due to Quag's crazy abilities.

Doesn't Anne have a lot of experience moving through dangerous amounts of mud & water from her experience with fighting & general dangerous situations in Amphibia? & isn't she very mobile, not only through that, but with her Blue form? Even if she isn't faster because speed equalized, she's still capable of very good movement techniques, no?

Doesn't Anne have a lot of experience moving through dangerous amounts of mud & water from her experience with fighting & general dangerous situations in Amphibia? & isn't she very mobile, not only through that, but with her Blue form? Even if she isn't faster because speed equalized, she's still capable of very good movement techniques, no?
Her skill is above average and not even gifted and experience with moving through mud and water isn't gonna help when the water deals High 7-A damage. There's also the fact that Quagsire has attacks that boost its stats and lower the opponents stats. There's also AOE earthquake from which movement isn't gonna save you unless you can fly which in this case Anne can't.

@Arceus0x has responded to your comment

Her skill is above average and not even gifted and experience with moving through mud and water isn't gonna help when the water deals High 7-A damage.
Fair point.
There's also the fact that Quagsire has attacks that boost its stats and lower the opponents stats.
Assuming it uses those.
There's also AOE earthquake from which movement isn't gonna save you unless you can fly which in this case Anne can't.
IIRC, she can jump good, & as mentioned is mobile, & I can imagine there'd be a lot of above ground terrain to relocate to.
In theory, she may be able to navigate to Quagsire while dodging.

Nonetheless, Yawn (& depending on how it works & if it's applicable, Unaware.) are quite influential.

Do you still maintain your position that this is a Stomp? & if so, based on what criteria? Skill? Attack Potency/Durability?

Last edited:
So, she has achievable win conditions, they're just very unlikely to be achieved?
Isn't that not a stomp?

So, she has achievable win conditions, they're just very unlikely to be achieved?
Isn't that not a stomp?
I mean they're hella unlikely. Quagsire would basically need to stand there without attacking while taking hits for like 2 minutes

I mean they're hella unlikely. Quagsire would basically need to stand there without attacking while taking hits for like 2 minutes
Especially in Blue form, I doubt Anne is so un-adept that she couldn't keep up with a moving Quagsire, especially if their characterization influences how they fight.

Especially in Blue form, I doubt Anne is so un-adept that she couldn't keep up with a moving Quagsire, especially if their characterization influences how they fight.
I mean she can keep up but she'll go down either way. Welp if you don't think it's a stomp then i vote for Quaggy

I mean she can keep up but she'll go down either way. Welp if you don't think it's a stomp then i vote for Quaggy
Yeah, I agree her chances aren't favorable enough that she can win, especially not with a statistical advantage.

If it's not a stomp despite the statistics, hax, & Anne's lack of versatility despite what skills she has, I'd vote for Quagsire, too.

Back