• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ancient Arrow Revisions

So i noticed that the Ancient Arrow is listed as Void Manip/Existence Erasure. However, I don't think that's accurate. Let's look at the definition.

"An arrow created using ancient technology ancient technology. To be struck with one is to be consigned to oblivion in an instant. It deals devastating damage-even against Guardians."

Consign means to "put someone or something in (a place) in order to be rid of it or them."

Seeing as you're consigning them to oblivion, and zelda already has a history of BFR (ganon banishing peeps to the dark world and the "gap between dimensions"), I'd say it's more accurate to assume that it's a similar power to that. As such, it should be changed from Void Manipulation to BFR, and Ganon's resistance should be changed as such.

I feel like

this is just arguing semantics but I'll wait for Cal/Triforce/other people who know zelda

Edwardtruong2006 said:
I feel like
this is just arguing semantics but I'll wait for Cal/Triforce/other people who know zelda
not really? There's far more history of BFR than there is EE in zelda.

Yeah but

"Sending someone to non-existence" is generally considered EE and not BFR here iirc.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Yeah but
"Sending someone to non-existence" is generally considered EE and not BFR here iirc.
It's oblivion as opposed to nonexistence. Considering BFR to "the gap between dimensions" already exists, it's a legitimate clain.

I've the feelling that The raw Translation will be needed

and this need more context, i don't see how "being consigned to oblivion" is Erasure

I always thought this but was too lazy to make a thread to voice my opinion on it.

Definitely following this one.

The Causality said:
I've the feelling that The raw Translation will be needed
and this need more context, i don't see how "being consigned to oblivion" is Erasure
They and all of their items are gone when hit by it, there's no drops, and the description explains they're consigned to oblivion, one of the definitions of oblivion indicating complete and total destruction.

I was going to bring this up a while back as well. I remember seeing a rough translation of the Japanese text that said it just "extinguishes" enemies. I'll have to find it or just set my switchs language option to japanese and take a screenshot from the game so we can have it translated.

Oblivion is nothingness. To send something to the state of nothingness is to make something cease to exist, just phrased slightly differently.

its Clearly EE Not BFR the fact that even the game aknowledge this by not giving you any items drops is the prof ogf this

There is no aforementioned pocket reality of any sort linked to Ancient Arrows; the only "BFR" being done is "BFR to absolute nothingness". Which is pretty much Void Manipulation/Existence Erasure.

There's a couple things to note; some did ask if EE should be a sub-category, but there are other methods other than void manipulation to cause that. Example is even space-time manipulation can cause EE via time paradox of killing an ancestor. There's also a math equation regarding 100% matter destruction + Mind destruction + Soul Destruction = Existence Erasure. Void Manipulation also has other things not related to destruction also.

Back