• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An addition to the wiki. The possibility of tier tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking a lot about the wiki lately. Sort of just mulling over reasons to make a CRT thread and something or the other; but in the process; I realized something.

With the wiki constantly growing in viewership. The idea of making pages more understandable to any reader is a must. Since we can't be confusing or vague in order to get the point across of how strong a character is. But there is something I think might have been missed. Its an argument I often see on other sites regarding the exact strength of a certain character.

For instance, anybody can say Goku is Universal. That was made very clear by feats in Super; but. Not many can accurately say how powerful he is after that. Some say Beyond Universal, other say Multi Universal. Once a character makes a certain feat; but then continues to grow stronger after that. It becomes a question of how much stronger they are than baseline.

If you look at most profiles right now, you will see either a Small/Large or + added to a tier. This was implemented in order to explain the varying levels of power within a certain tier. As not all planets and stars are the same size. However, this still doesn't tell anybody an idea of how much stronger a character is than the baseline for that tier. Most people who read the page will assume its baseline or just go ahead and consider them an entire different tier based soley on the fact that character got stronger.

You might wonder what can be done to improve this? Since its not like we can give an exact multiple for every character.

And you're right. But we can give a range.

This is the idea. For each tier it might be possible to create a "tier tag" of Low, Mid, or High. Each with their own different amount of increased ap.

An example:

Low: Tens to Hundreds

Mid: Thousands to Trillions

High: Any finite value beyond. Possibly Infinite for certain tiers.

The idea of this is to tell somebody how much stronger a character is or likely is than baseline; without having to make up a certain amount. It basically acts to inform them a more accurate rating. Low Universal to Mid Universal for instance.

I want a lot of opinion on this. Since if this is even considered, it would be quite a large change; though with benefits. It would make organization alot easier to start with.

But yeah. Let me know if this is something worth the trouble.

While this idea doesn't seem to bad, it is far too subjective, and it would take to long to apply to every single of the 10,000+ profiles on the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back