• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amnesia Revision

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part 2 of my revisions, after Dollars.

Really simple one. The Amnesia verse is sadly outdated, having feats of only The Dark Descent and A Machine for Pigs. I intend to not only update the profiles to the new standards, but also implement feats from all other games of the series.

This sandbox is modeled as a Power as per our standards, but I don't know if it is necessary. The Feats section in particular is only there for evaluation for anyone who wishes to participate in the revisions, and they wouldn't be included in the page itself, rather being applied to the relevant profiles.

The only change is on the Gatherers, who will lose Resistance to Madness and Poison Manipulation. The Shadow's and the Manpigs' profiles would need to get revised too, and if strictly necessary, they could be deleted and remade, as they are very outdated with the lore we have available and with many assumptions.

Now, justifying what I took out:
  • Resistance to Madness Manipulation: I do not recall any particular instance of the Shadow causing insanity. Daniel does lose sanity, but apparently that is his own thing, as we have many examples of people in the series that stood in the dark, faced Gatherers and the Shadow and did not face any of the sanity problems he had. That may be due to personal feat, the circumstances or a fragile state of mind due to the amnesia potion and all, who knows. In any case, Gatherers should have this excluded. In fact, a funny thing is that they are already mad, in-game. Now, I'll concede that I do not doubt that the Shadow has this power. It does make sense, but I cannot recall any instance of it occurring.
  • Resistance to Poison Manipulation: Again, I do not doubt it as the explanation does make sense, but I do not recall any statement about Alexander poisoning them or even employing potentially toxic substances on their creation and experimentation.

Seems fine, however I think a power page needs 10 abilities to exist? So you'd be better off just putting these on the profiles

Sorry for my absence on this thread, I've had a break on a few uni activities just now.

Seems fine, however I think a power page needs 10 abilities to exist? So you'd be better off just putting these on the profiles
Yeah, agreed. I made the revision in the format just to make it easier to make it applicable to everyone.

In a second, I will update the blog with the Shadow's and Manpigs' revisions, as they are a very quick fix.

Back