• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alignment of forces in verse

I just recently looked at the pages of all the pillars in verse and it raised a number of questions for me.
Is it reasonable to believe that there really is such a huge gap between the different pillars as "At least 8-C" and "8-B, probably 8-A"?
That is, all the pillars are just well-trained people with superpowers fighting with super-strong little magic swords. Of course we have a difference in physical strength between Gyomei and Tokita, but it was hardly that huge. How do we get that some pillars are only 8-C, while Zenitsu and Inosuke are 8-B+?
Is the difference in strength of 116-166 times acceptable for fighters who are in the same league and are the top of their verse?
I quite agree that the difference between the weakest and strongest pillar purely in physical strength can be 3-5 times maximum, but not hundreds.

Imo, Pillars have various strengths as well. We shouldn't scale them to each other because they are pillars without anything to back up. Yoriichi used to be a pillar as well and needless to say, he is on an entirely different level compared to the rest of his verse.

I think I understand what you mean and I agree that the difference should not be hundreds of times. I doubt EoS Zenitsu and Inosuke are stronger than Tengen tbh. They scale higher than him because they fought people who were stronger than those Tengen did.

I mean that's just how this site works. We don't scale one to another without feats.

Should we scale the rest of the fighters to 8-B, likely 8-B+, as someone who should at least fit Zenitsu EoS and be in the same league as the rest?

Should we scale the rest of the fighters to 8-B, likely 8-B+, as someone who should at least fit Zenitsu EoS and be in the same league as the rest?
People like muichiro and mitsuri should 100% scale TBH , they both fought upper moons of higher rank than kaigaku and did better
Tengen is a bit more complicated, because he needed tanjiro's assistence to beat a likely nerfed gyutaro who only lost due to overconfidence, homever since tengen is comparable to the guy and kaigaku is a mere replacement so it should be fine

Back