• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X CRT (Concept Manipulation)

DemiiPowa

She/Her
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Alien_X_Statement_Reupload.png

Here is a direct link to the page if you want to see for yourself.

According to Matt Wayne (The Story Editor for Ben 10), if there's something that a Celestialsapien cannot manipulate directly, they'll change the nature of said thing in order to manipulate it.

He used Mana as an example, which if Alien X wanted to manipulate, would have to change the properties of it, thus allowing him to freely do so.

I believe this falls under Type 2 conceptual manipulation. (He specifies it would alter the universe's properties of it)

Last edited by a moderator:
This was already rejected because it's indirect manipulation, which isn't valid
2. Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract dependent concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a by-product of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity" would not qualify, while directly "ending the concept of humanity" and thus destroying humanity would qualify.

This seems direct. They are manipulating the concept of mana to get rid of it and not the other way around.

that’s if you interpret this as conceptual manipulation anyways

That is not info manipulation, you just don't change how a system works and called it an info.
  1. Fundamental: These characters can manipulate information, which serves as fundamental building block of reality. This can allow characters to rewrite the world to their whims, often by programming it much like they would a virtual reality. These manipulation can come on many levels. For some it might just be the mechanism behind mundane magical abilities, while others can rewrite information to change reality, causality or the laws of nature.

That is type 1 and you know it, not even without the fact that you can be type 1 without changing the concepts

That is not info manipulation, you just don't change how a system works and called it an info. By that logic you can call literally every hax a variation of info manipulation
The staff thought otherwise at the time, go make a CRT if you want it off his page.

Half? But's he's missing 180 of them, I'm not even jk, I counted the amount of abilities Ben should have at one point.

Though yeah get rid of biological manipulation and give him minor plothax instead, the current consensus on the wiki makes no sense.

Half? But's he's missing 180 of them, I'm not even jk, I counted the amount of abilities Ben should have at one point.
not half lol but these-
  • Life Manipulation
  • Law Manipulation
  • Information Manipulation
  • Black Hole Creation (or give him High Regeneration)
  • Body Control ( it should be under biological manipulation )
  • Fire Manipulation ( or Give fire immunity to ben for being supposedly in the fire for 1000 years )

Life Manipulation comes from recreating the universe but then yes many abilities are missing from his page if abilities from recreating the universe are taken into consideration.

Last edited:
Life Manipulation comes from recreating the universe
No it comes from the mana statement. Don't know why you'd just assume where certain abilities come from?
Fair I suppose but eh yeah also the mana statement.
Information Manipulation
We'll see about that, but he should at least have 1 "changing the fundamentals of reality"-type ability for the mana statement.
Black Hole Creation (or give him High Regeneration)
Alien X and AtomiC-X's stuff is accepted as a pseudo-black hole now iirc, could be wrong. Good luck with getting it accepted as an actual black hole given the site's standards.
Body Control ( it should be under biological manipulation )
Eh no. A Celestialsapien's body might not even be biological. Biological manipulation comes from, I kid you not... changing the artstyle of the show to make everyone look different.
Fire Manipulation ( or Give fire immunity to ben for being supposedly in the fire for 1000 years )
Eh no and yes.
yes many abilities are missing from his page if abilities from recreating the universe are taken into consideration.
There was a thread about that sorta, but not what I meant, I was talking about him being called "omnipotent" which within the context of Ben 10 would grant him a ton of abilities.

Back