• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sou hax. LMAO what? Did this become fanfictionsRUs when I wasn't looking? Her sword one hits kill via poison and is stated to not work on MACHINES as one of its weaknesses since you can't poison machines.

Read the manga, PLEASE.

Pretty sure the only time Akame did anything with the soul is with Tatsumi and Tyrant, when she targeted Tyrant's soul instead of Tatsumi's.

@Drellix

Even then it was unprecedented and probably PIS, since it's always been taken for a fact that if you got nicked by Murasame, you're dead.

Even then it was unprecedented and probably PIS

No.

since it's always been taken for a fact that if you got nicked by Murasame, you're dead.

Yes. Because one body = one soul.

@A6colute

Literally every mention of Murasame I can remember mentions biological poison that stops the heart. There's no interaction with the soul whatsoever.

@Drellix

Fair enough, but from my experience with the series (which is admittedly less than yours), there isn't enough evidence to think that it affects the soul.

@Reppuzan

I would personally say it is poison. For right now we only have two instances that make it soul related but not enough info to help with that.

Fair enough, but from my experience with the series (which is admittedly less than yours), there isn't enough evidence to think that it affects the soul.

Author's words in manga >>> your opinion.

If author wants murasame devours a soul.

If author wants murasame poisons a body.

@A6colute

Then provide scans please because your attitude is starting to grate on my nerves.

By scans I mean not of the whole "killing the Tyrant and not Tatsumi" thing since as I explained before, a feat like it was never done prior to my experience and it contradicts how it's explicitly described in the early chapters of the manga.

it contradicts how it's explicitly described in the early chapters of the manga.

Poison - and a "?" mark. You call it proof?

It's explicitly shown to stop the heart, thus the close-up on it. It's not shown to affect the soul.

Then provide scans please because your attitude is starting to grate on my nerves.

Here.

By scans I mean not of the whole "killing the Tyrant and not Tatsumi"

New chapters >>> old chapters. Authors can change verse's mechanics with time.

So Life Force = Soul?

...Huh. Pretty sure that Life Force refers to... Uh... life. Also, it can't be that Murasame affects souls, otherwise beings having a heart or not wouldn't even be a thing. And there isn't a single instance of Akame ga Kill where Akame says anything about killing/affecting souls.

Also, Raiden takes this with his Blade Mode and HF Blade. Since Murasame can be broken like Esdeath did, the moment they clash swords or anything, the HF Blade would just cut cleanly through it as if it was made of something weak... Like paper mache or Izou.

...Huh. Pretty sure that Life Force refers to... Uh... life.

It's not a poison anyway. Tyrant has a poison resistance, but cannot endure an attack of murasame.

@A6

Poison resistance doesn't mean you can't be affected by any poisons. All resistances have limits.

Poison resistance doesn't mean you can't be affected by any poisons. All resistances have limits.

After some lightnings tyrant received an absolute lightning resistance.

After some ice attacks tyrant received an absolute ice resistance.

Etc.

Murasame >>>>> Esdeath's teigu? No. So...

@A6colute

I don't recall Tatsumi gaining an "absolute ice resistance" or an "absolute resistance to lightning" unless you have scans for those.

Also, citing a single, isolated event of PIS that completely contradicts the rest of an ability's showings doesn't justify it. Akame's explanation amounted to, "I'm so good at killing I managed to just kill the Tyrant and not Tatsumi despite the fact that the two were inexplicably linked and fused on a biological level. This is also in spite of the fact that my blade's poison was explicitly described to cause the victim's heart to stop."

@A6colute Nah, they said a lot of times that it was poison. But that's not my point, really. I was referring to the Soul thing. And like Ever said, resistances have their limits.

Yet another point against it killing/affecting the Soul is the fact that it does not one shot the reanimated corpses of Yatsufusa, either.

...Also, if Tyrant had "absolute Ice resistance", I don't know what stopped him from roflstomping Esdeath.

...Also, if Tyrant had "absolute Ice resistance", I don't know what stopped him from roflstomping Esdeath.

Her physical stats, no?

Because all her ice tricks was completely useless against him.

And like Ever said, resistances have their limits.

Even so, his resistance to cold is more than enough against Esdeath.

Yet another point against it killing/affecting the Soul is the fact that it does not one shot the reanimated corpses of Yatsufusa, either.

Again. Author can change a world mechanics in the end of series.

@A6colute

It's the very definition of an ass pull and PIS. It contradicts literally every other showing. We can't accept it just because we've seen it once.

It contradicts literally every other showing.

No. It's not.

Murasame's CURSE destroys victim's "life source".

If target has one "life source" - it means instadeath.

If target has two or more (Cosmina, Tatsumi-Tyrants) - it means death of one "life source" only.

And it explains situation with Kurome's puppets. Those puppets "life source" is Kurome's sword, not their bodies.

Is soul hax stated on her profile? If not then we can'5 apply that. Now a new thread could be created to argue and see if it can be added to her profile

Nico-v11 said:
Is soul hax stated on her profile? If not then we can'5 apply that. Now a new thread could be created to argue and see if it can be added to her profile
  • Can't

@A6colute Yeh, no. Esdeath was totally using Ice all the time and even her finishing move was cutting him with an Ice blade. By your logic the blade should have broken or something when she wielded it against him.

I didn't make a point against his resistance being enough against Esdeath. I made a point against the "He acquires absolute resistance" thing that you brought up.

...Uh, what? So the sword just changed the way it works like that to very conveniently allow Tatsumi to live. Then Akame herself says life force. The word soul is not used a single time in the entire series to refer to when Murasame kills anything, using heart instead and even making that a major weakness of the blade.

After all that, if we say that it affects the soul just because, we might as well start counting every other PIS and outlier feat from every series out there.

A6colute said:
And it explains situation with Kurome's puppets. Those puppets "life source" is Kurome's sword, not their bodies.
Wrong, the puppets can be killed even if Kurome is still going. They just can't be oneshotted by Murasame's poison.

@A6colute Yeh, no. Esdeath was totally using Ice all the time and even her finishing move was cutting him with an Ice blade. By your logic the blade should have broken or something when she wielded it against him.

You using word "logic" in a wrong way...

If you have resistance to cold, it not means, that you can crush icebergs.

Wrong, the puppets can be killed even if Kurome is still going.

Yes. Because "body" of a puppet will be not usable.

No, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about because the only ice technique from Esdeath that Tyrant DID become immune against was Mahapadma. Any other of her ice techniques could affect him as long as they connected. Otherwise he would just run through her attacks like it was a sunny day.

If someone uses Ice against you and you are affected, I think that's self explanatory.

And you kinda just proved my point with that last remark. If the life force was in Yatsufusa, its puppets would logically keep fighting unless reduced to a very and extremely bad state. Even things like losing their heads wouldn't be much of a problem because with the Life Force being in the sword like you suggested (speculation), they could just be controlled anyways.

And sorry, but if "having a Life Force" was all Murasame needed to kill something rather than a heart, it would affect every sort of Danger Beast and Biollogical Type Teigu as well.

So, we've derailed this thread enough.

Should I close this and open up a thread over the topic of Akame's Murasame?

@Reppuzan I don't even know how the soul stuff is even debatable. It's one and only mentioning was, quite literally, only in this thread. Never in the manga was anything that would suggest that said.

But anyways, that's my last reply regarding this subject. I'd rather the thread keeps going but if you think it should be closed, welp, bygones be bygones.

And sorry, but if "having a Life Force" was all Murasame needed to kill something rather than a heart, it would affect Danger Beasts.

Murasame cannot affect Danger Beasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back