• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akame Ga Kill - Speed Upgrade? :Maybe

Thebluedash

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Akame is Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed , she didn't went through any upgrades in the show so her speed shouldn't differ too much since the beginning of the series. A lot of our AGK profiles are listed as Supersonic speeds, Akame is Hypersonic+ she should be able to blitz them pretty easily right? That is not the case. For example, Ibara he fought Akame on equal footing and she did not blitz him, and yet he's still Supersonic. Another example, would be Enshi he's Supersonic+ for matching Kurome. Kurome is Supersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed, she should be able to dodge Enshin's attacks pretty easily yet she doesn't really... There's a good numbers of profiles like this in AGK. So shouldn't they get an upgrade? At least in Reaction speed and Combat speed?

I support this.

Atleast Bulat can now finally go up, considering he was stated to be on Esdeath's level, and is the only character in the manga sans Esdeath herself to fight more than one Teigu user at the same time, with no outside help (e.g. Kurome with dead puppets).

It took PIS and immense homecourt advantage (in the middle of a large body of water) for a teigu user who fights with water to take him out.

776095-akame ga kill 05 large 18
Manliest gay person.

Drellix said:
This will apply to everyone yes?
Pretty much everyone will get a reaction and combat speed upgrade. (There's probably someone who doesn't get it, but I just can't remember).

I agree in general but we need to make sure that we treat this properly on a case-by-case basis. For example, Tatsumi "fought" (was knocked around by) Akame in the first episode, but he shouldn't be scaled to her in his original state because he describes her multiple times as being blindingly fast and only surviving against her due to pure luck. Another example is the steel body guy that Akame fights when Dr. Stylish invades Night Raid's HQ, who was clearly relying on durability to outstall Akame.

What are the calculations that make Akame "Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed"?

Okay then. If Akame is just as swift throughout the entire series and other characters have kept up with her, I suppose that adjusting them to her speed level seems reasonable.

Antvasima said:
Okay then. If Akame is just as swift throughout the entire series and other characters have kept up with her, I suppose that adjusting them to her speed level seems reasonable.
Everyone has already been upgraded earlier, Ant. Well almost everyone, actually. But the changes have been made already.

Hmm, I'm agree, but not for all characters.

Ibara - supersonic+ with high hypersonic reactions.

Bulat - supersonic+ likely hypersonic with high hypersonic reactions.

Kurome is Supersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed, she should be able to dodge Enshin's attacks pretty easily yet she doesn't really..

Kurome without her doping <<<<<<<<<< Kurome with her doping.

A6colute said:
Bulat - supersonic+ likely hypersonic with high hypersonic reactions.
I posted this under 'Bulat Upgrade' thread but I'll post it here as well.

Wasn't Tatsumi able to react well enough not to die in one shot to Akame prior to joining Night Raid?

Also, he was able to go faster than Zank expected him to be able to with a mind-reading teigu, and this is the same Zank who managed to cut Akame at the time.

So Bulat randomly appearing out of nowhere without armor and being able to punch Tatsumi (who did not so much as blink from the looks of it so he could not have missed Bulat running there) with him not being able to so much as register his appearance is, to me, a pretty big thing.

But that's just my take on it. What do you think?

Bulat - blitzes Tatsumi from out of panel
No Bulat.

Bulat - blitzes Tatsumi from out of panel2
No Bulat either.

Bulat - blitzes Tatsumi from out of panel3
Surprise. Unarmored Bulat.

What do you think?

Well, I don't think that Akame was serious when she trained with Tatsumi.

A6colute said:
What do you think?
Well, I don't think that Akame was serious when she trained with Tatsumi.
I was talking about how Tatsumi was atleast able to react fast enough to deflect her first few strikes prior to training.

And yet, wasn't able to react to or even acknowledge Bulat's presence there in his training with Akame.

I was talking about how Tatsumi was atleast able to react fast enough to deflect her first few strikes prior to training.

Akame wasn't serious. So...

And yet, wasn't able to react to or even acknowledge Bulat's presence there in his training with Akame.

Bulat is serious always. So...

I support the speed upgrades.

EDIT : Pre-joining Night Raid, I wouldn't say Akame wasn't serious when she fought Tatsumaki, as she did attack him with killing intent. And Bulat was hinted to be the most powerful member of Night Raid at the beginning of the series anyways.

She looked serious to me.

BASE Tatsumi = Akame in terms of speed.

Tatsumi + teigu > Base Tatsumi in terms of speed.

So...

Tatsumi + teigu > Akame in terms of speed.

???

WTF?!

I think that A6colute probably knows this series best.

A6colute said:

So...

???

WTF?!
BOS Base Tatsumi << Akame in speed, not in reactions.

Which is why he can at the very least react to it, but not necessarily be able to stop it as we saw him get stabbed shortly after their little scuffle. But it still stands that he was able to deflect some shots, even if with great effort on his part.

Incursio Tatsumi < Akame in speed.

Evolved Incursio Tatsumi = Akame in speed.

That's how I see it though. He has higher reactions than body movement speed so he can percieve Akame's strikes, even if it's blurred, enough to stop some.

Everyone even commented that he has an assload of potential due to the fact that he was able to briefly fight Akame and was still alive (albeit him being alive was by luck).

A6colute said:

So...

???

WTF?!
Good point. I would think his base reaction should be higher, but overall speed should be slower at base.

Back